Statue for SOS

Remove this Banner Ad

The op literally asked people to name one list manager who has done a better job
Brady Rawlings. Considering where our list was at when he took over and the deal with Gold Coast which netted us Allen, Ryan and Petrucelle.

Won a premiership off some astute recruiting.

Go wank about Richmond somewhere else. I could list 15-20 players since 2015 that Richmond have drafted or traded that are rubbish. You just named 7 players. Your grand finals are off the back of a great game plan which accentuates your strengths (running and pressure) and doesn’t compromise your weaknesses (kicking efficiency).

sos could of drafted a list to contend for a finals win 2-3 years ago but he thought long term as he once mentioned in an interview with FC. This list will be ******* special in the years to come. Even as soon as 2020. Just when Richmond’s 30 year olds start slowing down. You can’t rely on rance (30 year old ACL survivor), grimes, Cotchin, Houli, Reiwoldt. They’ll be falling off the cliff very soon. But enough about Richmond. This is about the SOS statue. What pose should they go with. Maybe this one.

View attachment 787109
I like this post even though I am a Tiger. I think it has hit on a few salient points and reminds me of how I , as a Tiger supporter of a then side that was once no good would react.

It shows that our strategy of paying every person back for 37 years of torment is working and that indeed the old saying of ' being able to give it but not take it' is truer than ever.

Yes we cant rely on Grimes Cotch Houli Riewoldt and Rance forever but have the next two or three years of those champions to enjoy. By then Charlie Curnow ,Cripps and Weitering will have enough of not playing in finals and make the transition over. They would be good depth players for us.

Yes , nothing but blue sky as far as I can see.... got to love that blue sky....

Go CATTERS

I specifically called for an example of a list manager that got 3 firsts for 1. You could argue SOS got 4 with the lack of first trading for Martin. Huge draft for Carlton. Goes nicely with the Walsh/stocker year followed by the Weitering/Curnow/mckay year.
never , ever let the truth get in the way of a good story.

GO CATTERS

Pretty sure he has shagged a few people's mrs on this site, as they all seem to hate him.
so far all I have learnt from this thread is that you are a school kid

Do you not rate Carltons list at all? We won't be breaking any records next year but do you not see us pushing for the 8 with one of the younger lists going around - what's not to like?
what has the list achieved?

It had on 7 win season, yeah smashing it

what has the list achieved?

It had on 7 win season, yeah smashing it
After Bolton was sacked it was 6 of the last 11 - so not too shabby, pretty much mid-table. But you don't think they looked good considering the age demographic for a lot of those games?

A few of the early games we looked good too - vs WB, Collingwood, Hawthorn.

What does a list have to achieve before you rate them as a dangerous prospect for the future?
they are a potentially really good team

But starting a thread about how great of a list SOS has put together before they achieve anything is rather premature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘Getting Martin for nothing’ actually equates to SOS failing to come to the party during the trade negotiations for his services, and simply being lucky enough that Carlton did so poorly during the season that they could get close to first dibs on him in the preseason draft. (And pay him more than he’s worth at the same time)

I don’t defend how poor Gold Coast can be at the trade table, but you don’t see quality teams like Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond or West Coast do that s**t. They get the players they want in, with no fuss, offer what the other teams wants, and they are consistently good football teams. If you offer a good, lucrative contract to a player, pay their worth.
You mean like when Collingwood couldn’t agree with St Kilda on Luke Ball’s worth and got him in the pre season draft?

The only failures here are Gold Coast. But they don’t really care because the AFL has given them a ridiculous amount of further help because they’ve simply got no idea.

Only on Bigfooty could some goose try to argue that losing a player for nothing is better than getting a pick for him.

You obviously don’t understand how trading in the AFL works either. Salary really doesn’t mean a whole lot. The Suns were stupidly asking for our first round pick for a guy who got dropped to the 2s this season and hasn’t really come on as a player in the AFL.

In the end just a whole lot of meaningless flexing from Gold Coast which amounted to them losing a player for nothing. Good one you geniuses.

SOS: We rate Martin really highly, but not highly enough to actually pay Gold Coast what hes worth so we'll just refuse their requests and hope to get him in the drafting stages.
Explain to me how Martin was worth pick 11.
Nick Stevens all over again.

And that ended so well.
Nick Stevens played some
pretty good footy for Carlton. Retired because of a serious neck issue.

Weird post.

Last edited:
so what has SOS actually achieved?
Gotten a lot of young players in. Not a big achievement but it’s something considering the joke of a rebuild I grew up witnessing.

The OP has said it was a piss take. It’s an absurd thread and so are all the posts from a number of opposition supporters acting like they‘ve seen the future also and every player SOS has brought in will be no good.

You mean Liam Stocker?
Ah yes the Liam Stocker trade. The same trade every second opposition supporter and media figure bashed Carlton for. Even though draft positions were months off being confirmed.

Silvagni was being canned for giving up Matt Rowell to get Stocker and some late first rounder remember?

How did that work out?

Don't think the statue will be at Ikon Park

Collingwood traded two first round picks for a pisshead with a gambling problem. Not the best example to use when looking at list management.

I also don’t think they’re contending any time soon. 2018 was a golden opportunity, and they still managed to lose the grand final despite a 5-goal lead and West Coast missing their two best players.

This year they ended up lose a home prelim to a GWS team sans Whitfield and Greene, that’d end up getting smacked in the Granny.

It’s nice Collingwood fans think this year was an abberation, but I wouldn’t be so bullish at this point in time.

Wow, I dislike the pies but how you could talk them down when it's 99% certain they will be playing finals and contending again next year and the year after that, while your club has been a disgrace for years and the only thing you have is ifs and maybe successful soon, that would be laughable if it was not so pathetically sad.

How far you blues have fallen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back