Statue for SOS

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering all the boards on here (the negative jealous ones) have died down I thought I’d start a positive one.

can anyone name a list manager that has done such a good job over a 5 year period. Wow. Considering that, how good was his last two years. ******* wow. There was this call for his head due to missing papley and Martin. But then he gets Martin for NOTHING surely that makes up for not getting papley (who is extremely overrated imho but that’s a side story).

He just turned pick 4 into 3 first rounders. NO ONE has done that before. Has anyone ever been traded for 3 first rounders.

I know the majority of people that’ll comment on this page will be Carlton people but all you carlton trolls should start eating your words soon enough. May as well start now.

Steven Motlop.
End R1 compo.

Sent to GC for Ablett and 24 (with later round swaps).
24 becomes Kelly.
Kelly becomes 2x Round 1 and 2x Round 2.
One of those R2 picks is live traded for 11 next year.

So SM became 3 years of Ablett, 2 years of rookie wage Kelly, and lastly 3x R1 picks and a Round 2

All stemming from Port paying Stevie good enough coin to get R1 compo.

SOS has a thing or two to learn still lol

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
carlton were very bad [bottom4] again this season and gws were given 1200 high draft picks
9EE645A0-B63D-48EC-89D5-CAFC740E5C94.jpeg

Considering all the boards on here (the negative jealous ones) have died down I thought I’d start a positive one.

can anyone name a list manager that has done such a good job over a 5 year period. Wow. Considering that, how good was his last two years. ******* wow. There was this call for his head due to missing papley and Martin. But then he gets Martin for NOTHING surely that makes up for not getting papley (who is extremely overrated imho but that’s a side story).

He just turned pick 4 into 3 first rounders. NO ONE has done that before. Has anyone ever been traded for 3 first rounders.

I know the majority of people that’ll comment on this page will be Carlton people but all you carlton trolls should start eating your words soon enough. May as well start now.

Was essentially like shooting fish in a barrel. Gold Coast have so many credits they can buy with impunity. Hardly groundbreaking stuff.... lets see how those picks go...

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Steven Motlop.
End R1 compo.

24 becomes Kelly.

So SM became 3 years of Ablett, 2 years of rookie wage Kelly, and lastly 3x R1 picks and a Round 2

Nice. I like the extreme 7 way version. But I’d argue he did it much more simpler than this and not across 8 other clubs getting involved. He did it by himself.

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Was essentially like shooting fish in a barrel. Gold Coast have so many credits they can buy with impunity. Hardly groundbreaking stuff.... lets see how those picks go...
Gold Coast trade 15 and 20 for 9. And then traded 11 for 27. Lol. Who the * does that. If that was SOS there would be 26000 posts about if already on here.

call it a reverse sos if you will. 3 firsts for a first and a second. Thats nearly the worst trade in history and GC own the other two comparable.

slice

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2008
Malbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

This has to be a pisstake.

Gold Coast trade 15 and 20 for 9. And then traded 11 for 27. Lol. Who the fu** does that. If that was SOS there would be 26000 posts about if already on here.

call it a reverse sos if you will. 3 firsts for a first and a second. Thats nearly the worst trade in history and GC own the other two comparable.

They have a blank cheque when it comes to drafting/trade season and they know it. They stuff it up and as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow the cowboys at AFL house will prop em up again. Running with 0 risk.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
‘Getting Martin for nothing’ actually equates to SOS failing to come to the party during the trade negotiations for his services, and simply being lucky enough that Carlton did so poorly during the season that they could get close to first dibs on him in the preseason draft. (And pay him more than he’s worth at the same time)

I don’t defend how poor Gold Coast can be at the trade table, but you don’t see quality teams like Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond or West Coast do that s**t. They get the players they want in, with no fuss, offer what the other teams wants, and they are consistently good football teams. If you offer a good, lucrative contract to a player, pay their worth.

can anyone name a list manager that has done such a good job over a 5 year period.

Just quietly I reckon the list manager that has won 2 flags in the last 5 years has done alright

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
‘Getting Martin for nothing’ actually equates to SOS failing to come to the party during the trade negotiations for his services, and simply being lucky enough that Carlton did so poorly during the season that they could get close to first dibs on him in the preseason draft. (And pay him more than he’s worth at the same time)

I don’t defend how poor Gold Coast can be at the trade table, but you don’t see quality teams like Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond or West Coast do that s**t. They get the players they want in, with no fuss, offer what the other teams wants, and they are consistently good football teams. If you offer a good, lucrative contract to a player, pay their worth.

If those teams had the third pick in the PSD it’d be an option, but when you’re giving up players like Scrimshaw to them for fourth rounders they don’t really need too.

We offered a reasonable deal for Jack but Cochrane was high on the concessions. Trading pick 11 for Sharp only confirms this.

Note that a similar deal for Ellis netted Richmond a measly pick in the 40s and he is a player who has fulfilled his potential or at least played some consistent AFL football.

GC messed this one up.

Steven Motlop.
End R1 compo.

24 becomes Kelly.

It's true, the AFL do give much better compensation for free agents to Geelong than any other club in the comp.
Whys is Geelong seen as special, and deserving special treatment like some sort of Victorian version of Gold Coast?

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just quietly I reckon the list manager that has won 2 flags in the last 5 years has done alright
Two flags in the last three years sounds much better. Now two flags in your history, well I will show myself out.

Stephen Silvagni:
Fullback of the century. (Tick)
Have a hot missus. (Tick)
Fill the big shoes of his father. (Tick)
Wear long sleeves and somehow pull it off. (Tick)
Open a used car lot with Adrian Dodoro. (One can only dream)

Back