Statue for SOS

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, I dislike the pies but how you could talk them down when it's 99% certain they will be playing finals and contending again next year and the year after that, while your club has been a disgrace for years and the only thing you have is ifs and maybe successful soon, that would be laughable if it was not so pathetically sad.

How far you blues have fallen

They’ll probably make the finals, and might contend again, but that’s it.

Plenty of teams have a good run at a certain point with the personnel they’ve got and the game plan they’re using, which is why they got so far in 2018, but they’ve still got holes in their list (their key forward stocks are average) and they’re still over-reliant on Pendlebury to get them going.

I’d have them between 6-8th, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them miss altogether.

Gold Coast trade 15 and 20 for 9. And then traded 11 for 27. Lol. Who the fu** does that. If that was SOS there would be 26000 posts about if already on here.

call it a reverse sos if you will. 3 firsts for a first and a second. Thats nearly the worst trade in history and GC own the other two comparable.
So GC has the trifecta of dreadfully stupid lopsided trades!

Gawwwwwwwwwn. And it's a Tiger import that pulls the trigger on Carlton's number one favourite son.

Cain 'Pistol' Liddle eh?

This truly is the Richmond Era.
I would be surprised if Liddle is still there in 12 months. He seems to have pissed off Matheson. If Jeanne is also upset at the deposing of their favourite son from head of list management, Cain has no chance.

It’s a wonder the president went Cain’s way knowing he knows the importance of saying yes to these two.

But if the rumours of Cain actively trying to recruit players behind SOS back is true, he’s overstepped the line. You’d have hoped they could have put him back in his place and kept SOS. There has to be more to it.

I would be surprised if Liddle is still there in 12 months. He seems to have pissed off Matheson. If Jeanne is also upset at the deposing of their favourite son from head of list management, Cain has no chance.

It’s a wonder the president went Cain’s way knowing he knows the importance of saying yes to these two.

But if the rumours of Cain actively trying to recruit players behind SOS back is true, he’s overstepped the line. You’d have hoped they could have put him back in his place and kept SOS. There has to be more to it.
legally they couldnt sack liddle which they tried to first. They then offered sos his position to stay, he refused if liddle stays, they offered him another position and still he said no. Liddle has ****ed up and should resign.

I hadn't heard those rumours, but not surprising with some of the frankly bizarre grandstanding behaviour SOS was going on with in the 2018/2019 drafts.

Look, however much we all like to laugh at Carlton's eternal internal implosions, I think it's a really healthy development for the Blues, the new broom sweeps clean, another underachiever trading on his golden era playing days of 20 years ago is gone from the club. His sons on the list now finally get to stand on their own 2 feet. If the old guard are upset, then Cain is likely doing the right thing.

This sounds Shakespearean...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reckon blues might improve now that he is gone

was out of his depth

Lol. Our improvement will be on the back of the kids SOS drafted coming into their 3rd/4th/5th seasons, and a coach who has a win first mentality.

Nothing to do with a new list manager who has no say on next years list past maybe putting a player on the LTI list and taking an SSP.

Lol. Our improvement will be on the back of the kids SOS drafted coming into their 3rd/4th/5th seasons, and a coach who has a win first mentality.

Nothing to do with a list manager who has no say on next years list past maybe putting a player on the LTI list and taking an SSP.
in that case they might stay s**t

Nothing to do with a new list manager who has no say on next years list past maybe putting a player on the LTI list and taking an SSP.
As Sheedy said during the EFC PEDs debacle, nobody wants to shoot Bambi.
It needed someone who wasn't blinded by the on-field successful Silvagni memory to pull the trigger.

Posterity may mark this as the Day 1 of the Carlton revival.
And Cain Liddle was the man.

As Sheedy said during the EFC PEDs debacle, nobody wants to shoot Bambi.
It needed someone who wasn't blinded by the on-field successful Silvagni memory to pull the trigger.

Posterity may mark this as the Day 1 of the Carlton revival.
And Cain Liddle was the man.

Except Silvagni still has a job at Carlton if he wants it and Liddle is one more wrong move away from making Brendan and Peggy’s coffee again.

Sadly SOS looks like he’s walked. Word was he’d leave at the end of 2020 anyway, would’ve liked him to see it out but what can you do.

legally they couldnt sack liddle which they tried to first. They then offered sos his position to stay, he refused if liddle stays, they offered him another position and still he said no. Liddle has f’ed up and should resign.
Legally they couldn’t sack Liddle and they wanted to? And they let a favourite son go instead?

I don’t believe for one minute that Carlton is that incompetent. If Jeanne and Bruce want Little out, he will be gone, plain and simple.

Legally they couldn’t sack Liddle and they wanted to? And they let a favourite son go instead?

I don’t believe for one minute that Carlton is that incompetent. If Jeanne and Bruce want Little out, he will be gone, plain and simple.
His contract in tough to get around I reckon without crippling the soft cap.

Gotten a lot of young players in. Not a big achievement but it’s something considering the joke of a rebuild I grew up witnessing.

The OP has said it was a piss take. It’s an absurd thread and so are all the posts from a number of opposition supporters acting like they‘ve seen the future also and every player SOS has brought in will be no good.
Yes I tend to agree with that bolded statement of yours.

Wonder why Liddle went behind SOS’ back to get that soft seagull Ellis to the club.

Reckon he knew SOS wouldn’t have a bar of him?
Well even your own (quoted poster above) are finally seeing sos' incompetence.

Wonder why Liddle went behind SOS’ back to get that soft seagull Ellis to the club.

won 2 flags at the hardest and most physical team in the comp

walks into your top 5

a cooked betts will take his spot on the list

Heard he was instrumental in getting Betts back as well against SOS wishes.

Ellis and Papley touring the club unbeknownst to SOS riled him up. Liddle and Teague agitating for Betts tipped him over the edge. And rightly so, his job as list manager had been undermined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back