Society/Culture Statue wars

Remove this Banner Ad

I can no longer sit on my hands.
Fawlty Towers is now a victim of their insane crusade.
The fools have gone too far now.
This insanity has to stop.
They’ve pulled one episode of Fawlty Towers because of the scene where the major uses the N word. It’s from the classic “Germans” episode, but nothing to do with the scene where he’s ranting at those German guests.

I've found a few Americans from the South a bit like people from WA on steroids. Haven't yet met anyone who actually wants slavery reinstated, but they have a weird hard on for the Confederacy. Which is strange considering it was only around for a few years 150+ years ago. And while I get hating on the yankees telling them what do do etc. the Civil War was still primarily about slavery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 891221

For those of you playing at home, there are no statues of Mohammad for reasons most of you already know.

There was a statue of Murhammad in New York on top of a court building.

Officials took it down after parents complained the statue could be seen from the local girls elementary school.

There was a statue of Murhammad in New York on top of a court building.

Officials took it down after parents complained the statue could be seen from the local girls elementary school.

Here, a better link:

You are not a war criminal for defending where you live.

Imagine if someone argued that Native Indians were war criminals because they tried to defend themselves against foreign invaders and in the process killed some fine men. That would be a mind boggling stance to take on that type of situation, at least to me.

Imagine if someone argued that Native Indians were war criminals because they tried to defend themselves against foreign invaders and in the process killed some fine men. That would be a mind boggling stance to take on that type of situation, at least to me.
we must be war criminals for helping fighting the krauts Vietnamese Koreans

Authorities will just 'ride this through' like the usually do. they think most of the protesters have the attention spans of goldfish and they are probably right
Not to mention the majority of the population think they are daft.

we must be war criminals for helping fighting the krauts Vietnamese Koreans

Are you really going to argue the moral validity of the Vietnam war? My father fought in that war, I know things about that war that would make you vomit. America did things in that war that should see them banished from having a damn military.

Are you really going to argue the moral validity of the Vietnam war? My father fought in that war, I know things about that war that would make you vomit. America did things in that war that should see them banished from having a damn military.
I'm just saying we are war criminals to the Vietnamese for the rape murder and genocide

Nobody has ever called an American Indian a war criminal. Again WTF are you arguing?

Throughout history, people's have been conquered. That is what humans do. It is ongoing.. Perpetual. If you are a conquoured people you have a couple of choices. You fight and drive the oppressors away. You lose and you assimilate. You lose and you die. They are pretty much the options. That's it.

Nobody has ever called an American Indian a war criminal. Again WTF are you arguing?

Throughout history, people's have been conquered. That is what humans do. It is ongoing.. Perpetual. If you are a conquoured people you have a couple of choices. You fight and drive the oppressors away. You lose and you assimilate. You lose and you die. They are pretty much the options. That's it.

I was agreeing with you.

Although one COULD argue that the Nazis defending Germany was defending where they live...But then you can argue they withdrew that right of exemption when they did what they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back