Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
There isn't enough beer to side with the greatest Australian barbecue ever! o_O

Seriously, you and your beloved country are on my prayers. Stay safe. I hope everybody is fine.

I have read that South Australia has been spared, in comparison with NSW and Victoria; which is good. Still, that means that the majority of Australians are close to most of the bushfires. The images of a Martian red sky are really scary.

Hopefully, this will end soon, and you all will be able to be reborned from the Ashes. After all, Aussies are the world's greatest experts on Ashes, and it is cricket season! :)

I wish I could do more to help...

---
P.S.: By the way, the smoke has arrived here in Uruguayana:

---

Summer Rain Forecast (the East won't get much rain):
0ea5f8c7e11ad201a1dffafac87e29cc

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think this will become more and more common and we need to quickly evolve.

It might be time to invent a fireproof tent that you can cover an entire house with.

"Now is the summer of our fireproof tent"

We haven't really been spared the Cudlee Creek fire was a shocker the TDU footage beamed across the globe will be interesting.

Heartbreaking, I saw on one news service an american woman who is a wildlife worker on KI just distraught over the loss of animals.. tear to a glass eye stuff.

Massive losses Australia wide. My lady has been a wildlife carer for almost 30 years, seeing all her colleagues and fellow carers posting the devastation Australia wide has been heart-wrenching. I really hope this at least shines a light on the selfless work these people do which is at their own expense mostly. The amount of hours that go into caring for injured wildlife is immense.

Thank you for your kind words, GremioPower....

P.S.: By the way, the smoke has arrived here in Uruguayana:
Bloody unbelievable isn't it. I read yesterday morning that the smoke had hit Chile ie 9,000 kms away.

Thanks for your thoughts GP.

The worst could still be to come for SA and Vic, and Tassie. If you look at the big bushfire disasters of the last 70 years in those states, they come in the first couple of weeks of February.

WA (and NT) either gets smashed by cyclones in the NW of the state or bushfires in the south in January and February.

Broome between 9am Monday an 9am Tuesday got 148 mm of rain and have had another 40+ mm since then thanks to Cyclone Blake.

GremioPower Western Australia has been burning along the highway between WA and SA. Eyre Highway linking the 2 states has been shut for 8 days since the 30 December. It is out in wild country so lives haven't been lost or homes haven't been burnt but people have been stranded in their cars and little towns, and supplies of basic staples are starting to run out.

This was from Monday night
Almost 340 people have been successfully evacuated from roadhouses on a remote Nullarbor highway after becoming stranded by bushfires that have closed down the border between Western Australia and South Australia.

Fires burning around the small Goldfields town of Norseman have closed the Eyre Highway — the only sealed route between WA and SA — for the past eight days.Nine separate fire fronts have destroyed more than 350,000 hectares and the area covered by the bushfire warning is bigger than the total land mass of the United Kingdom.

As fires continue to burn across the region, authorities today made use of a brief window of opportunity to move people from Caiguna along the highway to Norseman at the western end of the Nullarbor Plain, and then on to Esperance.

Some updates last night - now saying - destroying more than 500,000 hectares.

Last edited:
GremioPower Western Australia has been burning along the highway between WA and SA. Eyre Highway linking the 2 states has been shut for 8 days since the 30 December. It is out in wild country so lives haven't been lost or homes haven't been burnt but people have been stranded in their cars and little towns, and supplies of basic staples are starting to run out.

This was from Monday night
Almost 340 people have been successfully evacuated from roadhouses on a remote Nullarbor highway after becoming stranded by bushfires that have closed down the border between Western Australia and South Australia.

Fires burning around the small Goldfields town of Norseman have closed the Eyre Highway — the only sealed route between WA and SA — for the past eight days.Nine separate fire fronts have destroyed more than 350,000 hectares and the area covered by the bushfire warning is bigger than the total land mass of the United Kingdom.

As fires continue to burn across the region, authorities today made use of a brief window of opportunity to move people from Caiguna along the highway to Norseman at the western end of the Nullarbor Plain, and then on to Esperance.

Some updates last night.

Bad fires in the Stirling Ranges too - national park, not a lot of people live there, but popular for tourism, and as the article says, much plant and wildlife under threat:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back