Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
He went out to the market, the market said no and we are his safety net.

Meh.

Would be nice to see him respark his career after a solid start, but I reckon he has plateaued.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Happy enough with this, looked like being a real handy player early on but stagnated the last couple of years, new coach, new system, new game plan could see him live up to his early promise.
Given how our side has been destroyed the past 2 years, no harm giving him a year under a new coach & system to see if he can recapture form... particularly if the new coach values defensive action. Also, unlike some, he hasn't complained when dropped & is a team man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jumboprince

FLACCID MEMBER
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yahl Cricket Club
He found out that he can check out any time he likes but he can never leave.

Seriously though, needs to get his shit together and work out what he wants from an AFL career and make it happen.

It isn't up to us, it is up to him.

Murray2503

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surprised he was resigned. Hopefully under Nicks he becomes a better player. His loss of pace and skills is the major worry. Feel he will play less than 5 games and will be delisted end of year.

ftmch

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Very happy with this. If he doesn't produce anything under a new coach / gameplan that seemingly will complement his strengths, then by all means move him on.

Play him as our dedicated stopper and watch him thrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
With us now (all of a sudden) having a every inexperienced list, holding onto a 54-gamer made sense. Never been a fan, but I hope he can improve under the new coach.

Idontpullout

All Australian
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Nicks doesn’t play a tagger after seeing its success at GWS in a star studded midfield, we’ve chosen the wrong coach.

Even when we’ve played a tagger we’ve played a soft tag. Knight should be giving the preseason to show he can be our tagger. He’s not going to make it as a pure mid or forward, this is his chance.
Think this will happen. I heard at the end of the season that Pyke told him in the exit interview that he would get delisted and to find a new club.
I've got no reason to doubt the person that told me that so all he signs point to nicks finding something for him.

Top Bottom