News Staying: Knight says GTFO Carlton you losers, signs one more year

What will we get for Riley?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think half the reason he hasn't come on is because he has been played as a forward and almost never given a run in the mids or off HB.

Good luck Reilly, Carlton would be a good fit, giving them more midfield depth

so spitballing, if it IS TRUE Riley wants a trade to Carlton, then a package deal including Eddie seems to be the obvious option. What would this equate to from our end?
That McGovern bloke would be a good replacement for JJ.

Played a great final early on and never kicked on after that (reminds me of someone else...) He has a hard edge but he seems like a limited footballer. If he's packaged with Betts, we'll probably get #41.

I'd rather 46+81 - as I said in my earlier post, we need a late pick to give Port for Frampton and this seems like the simplest approach.

Riley is a conundrum. Doesn't really ooze talent and frankly doesn't really have a genuine position either.

BUT and it's a big BUT - Has a crack. Seems to play with a little bit of heart and seems to always try and work hard.

These kind of players are handy to have around the club, especially one like ours. But will he play 15+ games at Adelaide in 2020? Unlikely.

I wouldn't judge him at all if he left, especially if he is being offered a 2-3 year deal with some job security.

Easy trade option too if you ask me.

ADELAIDE GET: Pick 41

CARLTON GET: Eddie Betts & Riley Knight

Done and done.

Played a great final early on and never kicked on after that (reminds me of someone else...) He has a hard edge but he seems like a limited footballer. If he's packaged with Betts, we'll probably get #41.

I think we would be OK with that, all things considered. It doesn’t look like a strong draft, and we’d prefer to use few picks given our lack of draft collateral.

What’s the good oil on Knight? Seemed a good set shot who looked like being a very good half forward early on, but has been relatively disappointing?

I’m sick of defending Riley. For years I’ve waited for him to deliver on his potential but perhaps his potential actually isn’t there. Third rounder and be done with it.
I just think we’ve seen his potential .... no development left in him, which puts him as a depth player .... and expendable thru a rebuild

I loved him early, but just hasn’t progressed .... in a good side he’s value... but in a struggling side he’s one that can’t change a teams performance and he’d fall away quickly in performance

That’s about his mark too

Could be the best for him and us but sigh, he's my son's fave player. Mostly for the work bloody hard, have a crack, bit of mongrel and making the most of your gifts through sheer effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That celebration he did after kicking a goal during a game I can’t remember that we ultimately lost made me feel sick. He lost me after that.

So Since Hart has replaced Teague...

Half our 2017 AFL best forward line look to be following him to Carlton - Gov, with Knight & Betts to join him.
CC left for Brisbane
JJ heading to another club.

Leaves us with Tex & Lynch.

Hasn't taken long to destroy a good thing...

Whilst still rumor, unfortunately, injuries really ruined Knight here.

That's the problem with being a defense-first small forward, inevitably you have a small run of poor form and that's all it takes to kill your career at a club, because whilst what you do is valuable, anyone with pace and aggression can do it. Mind you I'd still like to keep him if we were interested in tagging.

Half our 2017 AFL best forward line look to be following him to Carlton - Gov, with Knight & Betts to join him.
CC left for Brisbane

Tex is cooked too.

CC left for Brisbane

Yup, what happens when you build a structure that lived on a knife edge at the best of times, and the club falls apart.

From the amount of rumours of players (not only from AFC) going to Carlton, if every rumour becomes real then I predict Carlton will be at risk of going overboard with the salary cap...

Regarding Riley, I see him as a solid worker without any real point of difference. Perhaps his best job is a tagging role?

Back