Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Image result for riley knight carlton
I don't want to be here anymore!

Strong rumour Riley Knight has requested a transfer to Carlton, lure of working with David Teague again.

Doesn't have a deal for next year.

He never came on like we hoped, superfluous to our needs now. If he can't make the side currently, he should try elsewhere, he might have more personal (and team) success.

Calling it early, Riley's gone as well. That gets us to ten list changes.

No, it's not official, where's the fun in that?

Godallblighty

Premiership Player
May 17, 2010
Hanging Rock
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's a lot to like about Riley - runs hard, is tougher than he looks and is a reliable kick for goal. Did not get nearly enough of the ball last couple of years though and barely had an impact. Is that about his standard? Or has he not been used terribly well? Lot of players have looked worse than they are since 2017. I'm in two minds about him going.

mickfaxis

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's a lot to like about Riley - runs hard, is tougher than he looks and is a reliable kick for goal. Did not get nearly enough of the ball last couple of years though and barely had an impact. Is that about his standard? Or has he not been used terribly well? Lot of players have looked worse than they are since 2017. I'm in two minds about him going.

The post-Teague era...just a really great time for the club.

Looked like he was going to be something in 2015 but never materialised. Bit like the bow and arrow flog over at Port, needed to worry more about getting a kick than thinking up dickbrain goal celebrations. No great loss if it does happen.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
so spitballing, if it IS TRUE Riley wants a trade to Carlton, then a package deal including Eddie seems to be the obvious option. What would this equate to from our end?

I don't really see much need for a package deal.

Carlton have got 9, which they'll be needing as a starting point for Jack Martin and/or Tom Papley. Presumably their future first will also get tied up in those trades, and they're both way beyond what either / both of our players are worth anyway.

After that they've got 41 and 46 (which is actually our 3rd round pick). I reckon 46 would be about right for Knight.

After that they've got got 69 and 81. Either of those would be about right for Eddie. Let's say 81, and it doesn't really matter anyway because whichever pick we get for Eddie we'll just flick it on to Port for Frampton.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't really see much need for a package deal.

Carlton have got 9, which they'll be needing as a starting point for Jack Martin and/or Tom Papley. Presumably their future first will also get tied up in those trades, and they're both way beyond what either / both of our players are worth anyway.

After that they've got 41 and 46 (which is actually our 3rd round pick). I reckon 46 would be about right for Knight.

After that they've got got 69 and 81. Either of those would be about right for Eddie. Let's say 81, and it doesn't really matter anyway because whichever pick we get for Eddie we'll just flick it on to Port for Frampton.
yeah - seems about right. Getting a 3rd round pick will be good because I think that we will get some additional 2nd rounders for Keath and Greenwood then we have nothing until pick 100. I know there is a lot of optimism at securing a number of draft picks but we have to remember that the strike rate is unknown and that every single kid we pick bar maybe the lad at pick 3 4 is unlikely to have much impact next year AND our SANFL side is going to be very very inexperienced and development there might become harder without the senior bodies. All I am saying is that it may take longer than we think for a rebuild to take effect and we have to hope that Haggis nails the picks we get this year

Oct 8, 2004
Woodside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eagles(SANFL)
I always thought Knight was a decent player for the low draft pick he was. The type that adds depth to a team. Had a bit of a hard edge, usually kicked his goals. Could have a run in the midfield if needed, on the wing or up forward. Thought he was very good in the Prelim win over Geelong.

Package up with Betts and get pick 41 from them.

Back