News Staying: Knight says GTFO Carlton you losers, signs one more year

What will we get for Riley?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back the 2017 form...he set that aggressive tone back then especially against Selwood.

Just in and out of injury the last couple of years and playing the galluci, Douglas half forward role.

Hope he gets a 1 year deal to find something again.
I rate him. I think our systems last year killed a few of our younger players. I hope he resigns.

I’m a big fan (at his best) and I think he’s a difference maker/modern footballer (complete with head ducking and niggling)

I truly hope he recaptures that because I think he can add something unique.

I'll admit that I don't rate him at all. I think he'll be the next Matthew Wright list clogger if he's not already at that stage
He is a "dime a dozen" player..Could probably play a role with the new coach. But so could another player.

You know I am a bit of a Murphy fan. But I can see his trajectory being similar to Knight if he does not improve in the next two seasons. Knight a similar player at 20.

Cant have too many guys like that on the list. Would rather delist Knight and give more development time into Murphy.

If Murphy is similar to Knight at 24 delist him too..if not earlier.

If you are on a list before your 20th birthday and not an AFL regular at 24, unless a Ruckman, you should be delisted IMO. Better to give that spot to a kid and let the 24 dominate a State League.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No way.

Back Nicks in to get him back to his best.

Mate his best just isn’t that good. He’s an average role player and we have a number of players on our list who can play his role.

He once tagged Selwood and did okay and is living off that one game more than Scott Stevens did his “6 goals in a final”.

We wouldn’t miss him one bit if we delisted him, if he stays he just ends up competing with Jones, McHenry, McAdam, Stengle, Gallucci for the small forward roles and knowing our club would win because of “experience”.

Get a man hair cut, hit the gym and give everything you've got to become a proper hard arse tagger. Otherwise the dream is over.

Yes Knight is a average player now but it is ok to say play kids but who are they demanding to be given opportunity .
Gallucci and Poholke had chances and really not shown anything really .
I know some posters live in hope regular games will see them thrive but can only hope .
Love the ability and skills of McAdam but apart from good finals game form was spasmodic.
Then we have McHenry , Sholl and Butts that have bodies not close to being AFL ready.
So believe Knight might be handy in HF role if kids not ready or cover injuries.

He is a "dime a dozen" player..Could probably play a role with the new coach. But so could another player.

You know I am a bit of a Murphy fan. But I can see his trajectory being similar to Knight if he does not improve in the next two seasons. Knight a similar player at 20.

Cant have too many guys like that on the list. Would rather delist Knight and give more development time into Murphy.

If Murphy is similar to Knight at 24 delist him too..if not earlier.

If you are on a list before your 20th birthday and not an AFL regular at 24, unless a Ruckman, you should be delisted IMO. Better to give that spot to a kid and let the 24 dominate a State League.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dime a dozen is so appropriate.

You look across the league and you can probably name 15-20 players that are exactly like him and most taken with or traded for very late picks.

Dan Butler, Jason Castagna, Tom Atkins, Michael Gibbons, Josh Thomas, Callum Brown, Dean Kent, Zac Langdon, Sam Switkowski, Kayne Turner just to name a few

Yes Knight is a average player now but it is ok to say play kids but who are they demanding to be given opportunity .
I know some posters live in hope regular games will see them thrive but can only hope .
Love the ability and skills of McAdam but apart from good finals game form was spasmodic.
Then we have McHenry , Sholl and Butts that have bodies not close to being AFL ready.
So believe Knight might be handy in HF role if kids not ready or cover injuries.

Need to play Poholke in the guts proper to find if he really has it takes, none of this flimsy 'half forward' role that he was thrust into whenever he played last year. Likewise with Gallucci.

Gallucci and Poholke need more time in the midfield

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree on gooch . He needs to be supported. Not sold on poholke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McHenry is AFL midfield ready.

Deep down does anyone care whether Riley Knight is on our list next year or not? He will never be more than a handy fringe player. Offer him 1-year, perhaps. If he can get more years elsewhere, then good luck to him.
Guess it revolves around how draft numbers go after rookie updates etc what draft number we would receive .
If 80 + you might as well give another year to.

I'm ok with giving him one last crack. I know he's had plenty but maybe Nicks can trigger his beast mode. Wishful thinking I know. I've always wanted knight to do well and deliver on that potential. Takes me as one that's proud to to wear the tri-colours

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get a man hair cut, hit the gym and give everything you've got to become a proper hard arse tagger. Otherwise the dream is over.
BEcause there's a proven correlation between manliness of hairstyle and tagging ability?

(Cameron Ling says hi!)

He's been saved by the fact we've already turned a significant portion of the list over. Odds on that he will get a years extension (or maybe a trip to the rookie list) to see if his rumored attitude issues can be ironed out.

You'd expect a dead minimum wage contract for a year, two years max in this circumstance.

Needs to pull his finger out in a big way or he will be out of the system in no time.

Need to play Poholke in the guts proper to find if he really has it takes, none of this flimsy 'half forward' role that he was thrust into whenever he played last year. Likewise with Gallucci.

What's the likelihood we see Poholke get a crack in the middle with Greenie and CEY gone?

What's the likelihood we see Poholke get a crack in the middle with Greenie and CEY gone?

I reckon both he and Wilson will get a chance. Both had very good SANFL seasons where we almost made a granny. For whatever that is worth. Whether they can take their chance is another question.

Back