News Staying: Knight says GTFO Carlton you losers, signs one more year

What will we get for Riley?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy enough with this, looked like being a real handy player early on but stagnated the last couple of years, new coach, new system, new game plan could see him live up to his early promise.
Given how our side has been destroyed the past 2 years, no harm giving him a year under a new coach & system to see if he can recapture form... particularly if the new coach values defensive action. Also, unlike some, he hasn't complained when dropped & is a team man.

Surprised he was resigned. Hopefully under Nicks he becomes a better player. His loss of pace and skills is the major worry. Feel he will play less than 5 games and will be delisted end of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With us now (all of a sudden) having a every inexperienced list, holding onto a 54-gamer made sense. Never been a fan, but I hope he can improve under the new coach.

If Nicks doesn’t play a tagger after seeing its success at GWS in a star studded midfield, we’ve chosen the wrong coach.

Even when we’ve played a tagger we’ve played a soft tag. Knight should be giving the preseason to show he can be our tagger. He’s not going to make it as a pure mid or forward, this is his chance.
Think this will happen. I heard at the end of the season that Pyke told him in the exit interview that he would get delisted and to find a new club.
I've got no reason to doubt the person that told me that so all he signs point to nicks finding something for him.

Back