Current STEALTHING - Do you even know what it is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stealthing is the non-consensual removal of a condom during sex. Yesterday, the ACT became the first Australian state to make it criminal.

A survey has found one in three women had been stealthed!

A Monash University study of more than 2,000 people in 2018 found that, of those surveyed, one in three women and one in five men who had had sex with men had been stealthed.

CEO of YWCA Canberra, Frances Crimmins, said the organisation was "delighted" with the change in legislation.

Ms Crimmins said in a small survey conducted by the YWCA of 57 16-24-year-old Canberrans, only a "slight majority" of young people had an awareness of what stealthing was.

"There was a similar level of confusion when it came to young people knowing whether it was a crime or not," she said.

Ms Crimmins said that the law reforms needed to be supported by ongoing education around consent.

Yep, it's right out there. I had no idea.

I'm quite convinced a lot of people in society have no concept of STIs being a thing.

They think "oh she won't get pregnant" and that's about the extent of their risk assessment.

Also there's a total lack of correlation between attractiveness and risk of STIs, which I'm also convinced people dumb enough to not consider STIs would also think is a thing.

"Oh she's hot so she doesn't have chlamydia"

No fren, it doesn't work that way.

It had happened to me before, in a sort of way

It just fell off during coitus. Luckily I noticed in time

I'm quite convinced a lot of people in society have no concept of STIs being a thing.

They think "oh she won't get pregnant" and that's about the extent of their risk assessment.

Also there's a total lack of correlation between attractiveness and risk of STIs, which I'm also convinced people dumb enough to not consider STIs would also think is a thing.

"Oh she's hot so she doesn't have chlamydia"

No fren, it doesn't work that way.

I think you've found why stealthing happens.

They get in the moment and the part of their brain that assesses risk completely shuts off. In that moment, pregnancy and STIs are no longer a thing. All they care about is making it feel as good as possible for them. Absolutely selfish selfish mindset because (at least with pregnancy) they're not the ones who have to deal with the fall out.

It really grinds my gears the number of men who will say stuff like "I hate condoms cause it ruins my pleasure/I can't feel anything." So? Supermarket and chemist shelves are stocked with dozens of varieties of condoms - sizes, materials, thicknesses. Online you can find even more variety. There's really no excuse other than laziness for not being able to find condoms to try that might work for you.

Cause I think getting a disease that stays with you for life or having to pay for and help raise a human being for a few minutes of pleasure is gonna ruin it a lot more than a thin bit of plastic over your willy

I think you've found why stealthing happens.

They get in the moment and the part of their brain that assesses risk completely shuts off. In that moment, pregnancy and STIs are no longer a thing. All they care about is making it feel as good as possible for them. Absolutely selfish selfish mindset because (at least with pregnancy) they're not the ones who have to deal with the fall out.

It really grinds my gears the number of men who will say stuff like "I hate condoms cause it ruins my pleasure/I can't feel anything." So? Supermarket and chemist shelves are stocked with dozens of varieties of condoms - sizes, materials, thicknesses. Online you can find even more variety. There's really no excuse other than laziness for not being able to find condoms to try that might work for you.

Cause I think getting a disease that stays with you for life or having to pay for and help raise a human being for a few minutes of pleasure is gonna ruin it a lot more than a thin bit of plastic over your willy

Fact: It doesn't feel as good with a condom.

Fact: Because it doesn't feel as good with a condom you can last longer.

Fact: It still feels REALLY good with a condom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back