Media Steamer of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 - TedDougChris
Header.PNG
the-importance-of-being-present-in-leadership.png

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. This is a sad, cautionary tale of what happens when a leader is anointed before they're ready. The match thread started swimmingly for this week's nominee. Introducing his presence with a standard greeting early on Tuesday ...

Greetings everyone !!

Things were going well. But I noticed TedDougChris' signature and made it the focal point of my line of banter, suggesting that the Roys, in fact, weren't the best posting unit in the league.

Catching up over the last few pages and it looks like I haven't missed much ... from the Roys.

This is interesting, as the Roy's captain TedDougChris runs with this as his sig ...

View attachment 956209

Best posting team in Sweet. Lol.

This has possessed me to create a little image montage of what I'd like to call ...

Things More Accurate Than TDC's Sig.

I'll kick us off, but feel free to join in gents :thumbsu:

5c6cbb95b353f82dc246fa67_S6-1.jpg

quote-abraham-lincoln-quote-internet-fake.jpg

View attachment 956227

Over to you folks with your images of things more accurate than Ted's sig :thumbsu:

Before the Roys stoic leader MarcusTegDougChrissusAurelius responded with vigour and zest ...

Sorry Santoz, I've been tied up with a few things... Let me take the time to reply. Some of these concepts will be difficult for you to grasp, but I'll try anyway....

During my time with the Roys, I have and we have - been lucky enough be winners.

(Winner - one that wins: such as. a : one that is successful especially through praiseworthy ability and hard work. b : a victor especially in games and sports. c : one that wins admiration).

I know, as an Essendon supporter and Baghdad player - you aren't used to this - you have to cheat. Like with this....

View attachment 956994

And with the Salary cap breach in 93, and the illegal image rights payments in 2000, calling the Police to investigate the Hawks in the 80's. But, things are on the up for you, see the link below....

So things are clearly on the improve for you..... Maybe these could help...

View attachment 957007

So - the Roys in recent years have twice, - in S27 and S28 - won the best overall posting side in the Sweet FA - which assesses a number of different measures to determine the overall winner. We dropped off last year as COVID hit - but that's a statistical outlier in recent times and we have bounced back this year. So, based upon recent statistical evidence - we are the best posting side. We are also the first side to introduce a best opposition poster award - the highly regarded Barrels award (don't get your hopes up here.....) which is awarded on a weekly basis.

So on the basis of our recent performance, our claim to be the best posting side stacks up. In the past 3 seasons, only one other side has won this - and they have won it half the number of times we have.... 10 other sides have missed out...

So, to review your post in detail - you seem to have done this... Lots of mouthing off - but failed in any meaningful way to connect with the target.

View attachment 957002

Let's now have a look at your signature....

Let's dig into the data a little bit more....

Coming in at #34 in the list - WaynesWorld19 - Ouch.... Your current captain is less relevant than WW19 - that's gotta sting....

Lets see if anyone is higher up on the list..... Can you guess who is there ???

I'll now randomly include some images of things with a higher IQ than you....

View attachment 957003

View attachment 957004

(at least it knows it's limitations)

View attachment 957005

I was honestly rapt that TedDougChris had taken up the challenge laid down to take the fight back up to us, the enemy, as all great leaders should. I was planning on using image montages over the next few days as a mini motif of the thread, but unfortunately, things went amiss ...

I didn't even ******* read that.
And you wonder why people think so poorly of the Bombers.... I'll leave you to it.

Nice banter....

Wonder why people think poorly of us? Hahaha. We know why they don't enjoy our company. We're uncompromising.

So TedDougChris writes a post that is long enough to get a publisher deal and rags up when we don't read it?

"Strong Leadership".
There are no leadership spills and no captain's have left. I agree it is strong. Go you ******* Roy Boys!
Mate many years ago in Victoria the Police decided to change the logo from POLICE to Police. They felt it was less confrontational and seemed less angry.

Your user name mates people feel ill at ease, I sense you should change it so that people can feel more at ease when you post.

To answer your question, TedDougChris is a weak leader.

Thanks, Tony xoxo.

I'll give credit where it's due. For TedDougChris to type the following, through two eyes full of tears and on a slippery keyboard, seems a momentous effort for a leader lacking any sort of testicular fortitude, stomach or spine ...

No, a weak leader (and follower) is someone - who, in conjunction with their team mates decides to break the site rules, try to mimic/imitate other posters, pretends to be them by changing their avatar to match another poster, tries to stalk other people around the site, quoting posts not on this board, mass disliking every post and quoting likes and dislikes that they make - remember doing this last year Tony ??? When it takes 4 or 5 of you to try and challenge and take someone on - on an internet forum - it speaks volume to your character, leadership and frankly - backbone.

It's frustrating when, after one of your players makes an attempt to have fun, and we respond - you don't have the intellect or capacity to treat it as fun and join in. This is meant to be about banter - but you guys seem to make it personal and want to target individuals.

The hypocritical nature of the Bombers - where they claim to play hard - but cannot take it back - is one of the big things that turns people off this place. But you and ABV and other just keep on with your targeted attacks on me - even in the recruitment match threads in between seasons.

I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere - I've just got better things to do than talk to people who cant or wont banter back.

And that was it. He was gone. He posted the team sheet on Thursday and was gone.

He left the rookies of the club BLUEALLTHRU, RobR, Supersuns and Dingster to carry them.

He posted a whole 18 times for the week.

Leadership :$

Trophy - Round 7.jpg

View attachment 960634

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. This is a sad, cautionary tale of what happens when a leader is anointed before they're ready. The match thread started swimmingly for this week's nominee. Introducing his presence with a standard greeting early on Tuesday ...

Things were going well. But I noticed TedDougChris' signature and made it the focal point of my line of banter, suggesting that the Roys, in fact, weren't the best posting unit in the league.

Before the Roys stoic leader MarcusTegDougChrissusAurelius responded with vigour and zest ...

I was honestly rapt that TedDougChris had taken up the challenge laid down to take the fight back up to us, the enemy, as all great leaders should. I was planning on using image montages over the next few days as a mini motif of the thread, but unfortunately, things went amiss ...

Wonder why people think poorly of us? Hahaha. We know why they don't enjoy our company. We're uncompromising.

I'll give credit where it's due. For TedDougChris to type the following, through two eyes full of tears and on a slippery keyboard, seems a momentous effort for a leader lacking any sort of testicular fortitude, stomach or spine ...

And that was it. He was gone. He posted the team sheet on Thursday and was gone.

He left the rookies of the club BLUEALLTHRU, RobR, Supersuns and Dingster to carry them.

View attachment 960679

He genuinely earned it this weak...I mean week.LOL.

View attachment 960634

View attachment 960679
He also dropped himself from the team this week. Talk about throwing all his toys out of the cot!

Week 8 - Headless
Header.PNG

The Mount Buller Deons this week.

No, that's not a typo.

Not the Demons. The Deons.

They were the Deons, because they lacked a little character.

I've been in the league since Season 7 and for as long as I've known them they've been a formidable posting unit. Last year I had a terrific time going up against the Mountian Men plus their female servants. Not this week. Heavens no. They were s**t.

EcstaticFilthyBittern-size_restricted.gif

That's not to say they were Wonders listless. They were admirably represented though by Callums_Guns, moginie, manangatang and Yakker. But the full force of what they could produce as a solid and unified team was being saved for another day I'm assuming. But why? Where were their leaders when the match thread was on?

Match threads are the lifeblood of the SFA. Yes, the media is sometimes good. Sometimes it's interesting, such as this fine piece of work. But match threads are where the throwdowns occur. Rivalries built up over many years of banter and recorded in the annals of SFA history.

We're all here for the us versus them. It certainly isn't to learn or improve ourselves as people or posts that actually make sit back, take stock and think.

We're all here to tell the enemy to go * themselves.

Well, we could if they actually showed up.

The list of accolades this week's winner has to his name is endless. Now there's one more award to add to his glowing CV. Headless, the staunch and stoic Buller-ite posted a whole 2 times this week in our thread.

Twice.

That's the same number rookie years I've had, the same number of times Antonio BlueVein's had a thread that takes off or the same number of times Metalcrusher did Grade 3.

He opened with this early in the week ...

IMO the Demons are superior etc.

Cheers.

Before finally offering this up this weekend ...

I haven't boycotted the thread mate. I've just had probably the worst week of my life and have struggled to get involved.

I will definitely add it to my CV, though - if space permits. Which it probably wouldn't.

He was tagged into the possibility of receiving this prestigious yet undervalued award after putting in a less than ordinary performance with his posting, hence him acknowledging he'd happily accept the Steamer.

The opening sentence though about the worst week of his life I don't really buy into. I don't buy into it because of the thread he created last Sunday ...

That and the fact that over the week he'd contributed to it this many times as of writing this thread ...

Headless' Thread.PNG

He ditched his teammates to push his own agenda elsewhere. Talk about unity.

Perhaps the better term for Headless is unit. The single enitity.

It's all about him.

Congrats Headless. Have your biography writer add one more detail to the accomplishments section. It sure as s**t won't be Admin :thumbsu:

Trophy - Round 8.jpg

Last edited:
Clearly. :thumbsu: Appreciate the support. :thumbsu:

You've been about on the board this week and been in seemingly good spirits outside of the match thread post so I'm honestly glad for you that having this place has supported you through a challenging time :thumbsu:

Last edited:
View attachment 966300

The Mount Buller Deons this week.

No, that's not a typo.

Not the Demons. The Deons.

They were the Deons, because they lacked a little character.

I've been in the league since Season 7 and for as long as I've known them they've been a formidable posting unit. Last year I had a terrific time going up against the Mountian Men plus their female servants. Not this week. Heavens no. They were sh*t.

EcstaticFilthyBittern-size_restricted.gif

That's not to say they were Wonders listless. They were admirably represented though by Callums_Guns, moginie, manangatang and Yakker. But the full force of what they could produce as a solid and unified team was being saved for another day I'm assuming. But why? Where were their leaders when the match thread was on?

Match threads are the lifeblood of the SFA. Yes, the media is sometimes good. Sometimes it's interesting, such as this fine piece of work. But match threads are where the throwdowns occur. Rivalries built up over many years of banter and recorded in the annals of SFA history.

We're all here for the us versus them. It certainly isn't to learn or improve ourselves as people or posts that actually make sit back, take stock and think.

We're all here to tell the enemy to go fu** themselves.

Well, we could if they actually showed up.

The list of accolades this week's winner has to his name is endless. Now there's one more award to add to his glowing CV. Headless, the staunch and stoic Buller-ite posted a whole 2 times this week in our thread.

Twice.

That's the same number rookie years I've had, the same number of times Antonio BlueVein's had a thread that takes off or the same number of times Metalcrusher did Grade 3.

He opened with this early in the week ...

Before finally offering this up this weekend ...

He was tagged into the possibility of receiving this prestigious yet undervalued award after putting in a less that ordinary performance with his posting, hence him acknowledging he'd happily accept the award.

The opening sentence though about the worst week of his life I don't really buy into. I don't buy into it because of the thread he created last Sunday ...

That and the fact that over the week he'd contributed to it this many times as of writing this thread ...

View attachment 966368

He ditched his teammates to push his own agenda elsewhere. Talk about unity.

Perhaps the better term for Headless is unit. The single enitity.

It's all about him.

Congrats Headless. Have your biography writer add one more detail to the accomplishments section. It sure as sh*t won't be Admin :thumbsu:

View attachment 966376
Mate well researched and quite frankly a ******* dog effort to further an agenda and not help ya mates in the trenches. Disgusting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate well researched and quite frankly a ******* dog effort to further an agenda and not help ya mates in the trenches. Disgusting

Mate, for some people there's no I in team but there is in Mei :thumbsu:

Mid Season Review
Mid Season Header.PNG

Steamer-Intro-v2.gif

Hi again Steamer fans. Santoz here with a timely mid-season review of the posters unfortunate enough to have earned themselves the title of Steamer of the Week. The Roll of Dishonour so far is as follows:

Honour Roll - Round 8.jpg

We can clearly see that the Roll of Dishonour is made up of some of the worst talent we have in the SFA, but there are a few surprises mixed through the results from posters that should know and do better.

The thread of serial_thrilla below got me thinking about how well each recipient of the Steamer responded after receiving this under appreciated award of honesty?

What got me thinking was of the impact this award has on the individual? Does it drive them to pursue excellence? Is it a motivator to improve in small increments? Or is it a career killer, being such an ill wanted achievement those that cop the infamous trophy struggle to recover and begin, or simply continue, their decline into SFA nothingness?

This afternoon and evening I'll endeavour to share with you the gravitas of this little acknowledged or appreciated award :thumbsu:

Hi again Steamer fans. Santoz here with a timely mid-season review of the posters unfortunate enough to have earned themselves the title of Steamer of the Week. The Roll of Dishonour so far is as follows:

View attachment 967920

We can clearly see that the Roll of Dishonour is made up of some of the worst talent we have in the SFA, but there are a few surprises mixed through the results from posters that should know and do better.

The thread of serial_thrilla below got me thinking about how well each recipient of the Steamer responded after receiving this under appreciated award of honesty?

What got me thinking was of the impact this award has on the individual? Does it drive them to pursue excellence? Is it a motivator to improve in small increments? Or is it a career killer, being such an ill wanted achievement those that cop the infamous trophy struggle to recover and begin, or simply continue, their decline into SFA nothingness?

This afternoon and evening I'll endeavour to share with you the gravitas of this little acknowledged or appreciated award :thumbsu:

It is a tough job giving constructive feedback especially when all you are trying to do is help people improve. Genuine case of shooting the messenger and lashing out at the only person trying to help them. ******* god bless you Santoz

Review of Rounds 1 - 4
Mid Season Header.PNG
And so begins the review of the first few rounds :thumbsu:

Round 1: Sterge Sterge.PNG
Sterge stats.PNG

Posting Average Pre Bombers (inclusive): 67 (from 1 match)
Posting Average Post Bombers: 7.85 (from 7)

Verdict: In decline. Poor ol Sterge hasn't responded well to receiving the Steamer of the Week. I'm sorry to say this Furies poster is well and truly in decline. Having to post alongside Ned_Flanders, Elton Johns Wig & Norma Lee Ava is hardly inspiring though so the motivation for Sterge to improve is going to have to come from within.

Round 2: The Jesus The Jesus.PNG
Jesus stats.PNG

Posting Average Pre Bombers (inclusive): 21 (from 2 matches)
Posting Average Post Bombers: 9.66 (from 6)

Verdict: In decline. Receiving the Steamer has clearly rattled this once beez quality poster. It's sad to say it, but the rot has set in and he hasn't responded well. I hope the likes of Loonerty and co can help rehabilitate The Jesus back to his posting best. Perhaps before rehabilitation can occur with this one Chipmunk & Agent93 need to go the defibrillation route.

Round 3: Blaze Storm Blaze Storm.PNG

Blaze Storm stats.PNG

Posting Average Pre Bombers (inclusive): 98.33 (from 3 matches)
Posting Average Post Bombers: 24.6 (from 5)

Verdict: In decline. Perhaps the largest hit to occur on posting numbers is demonstrated here with Blaze Storm. She just hasn't bounced back well from this reward of posting honesty and it's up to the likes of AceAndy & Strigoi to pick the pieces and clean up the mess or risk carrying another poster in serious career decline to go alongside A Swallow, Knifey Spoony & Cold Sober.

Round 4: NaturalDisaster NaturalDisaster.PNG
ND stats.PNG

Posting Average Pre Bombers (inclusive): 99.25 (from 4 matches)
Posting Average Post Bombers: 58.25 (from 4)

Verdict: In decline. This one surprised me as I thought NaturalDisaster was made of sterner stuff than this. It seems he isn't. ND has effectively halved his output after 'winning' the Steamer and the figures don't seem to be correcting themselves. This makes an already hard job of crafting fun match threads for quality posters such as Tonga Bob & TheInjuryFactory even harder as they're effectively carrying another poster on the way out. Perhaps Doctor Colossus could step up and fill the quality void. Perhaps not.

Well there it is. The first 4 rounds down and I must say the trend seems to be that the Steamer of the Week is a career killer! Will this continue though with our next four award of posting honesty recipients? Stay tuned SFA :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back