Player Watch Steele Sidebottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Sides..............

Two way gut running pro, runs his opponents into the ground actually, (yeah I'm talkin bout all duck no dinner Langdon, our Langdon was better btw) exquisitely skilled on both sides of his body, cool and calm in traffic and contest.

One of the sharpest minds that crosses the white line.

Reminds of some other bloke with similar attributes, can't put my finger on it, another Pies legend apparently, some basketball bloke.

You rang?

Cue oppos crying in 2042 when we snag another #1 prospect with the father-son rule!
Won’t be the same rules in 2042.
And when Naicos goes back to back to back to back in the Brownlow the oppo’s will DEMAND change.

Showed the other night he’s human.
Some calling for Ed Allan to replace him, (may do so over time?).
Jack Bytel allegedly has a good tank, perhaps he’s the one when it’s deemed appropriate.
PS: I was kinda hoping our whole midfield had a virus and that would explain it.

At the age where you can drop off a cliff, some players keep going a little too long, a fear Steele and Scott should have pulled the pin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just three games ago, he kicked a match winner.

What the hell happened in the off season!
Announces Last Call GIF

Done.

And if he recovers form and has a good stretch of form from here..

It’s a temporary lift. He’s a great player who is now 33

And the pies are 0-3…

Time to rotate the squad more. Time for tomorrow
He covered the most ground tonight of any player out there. 16 kilometres. His body is fine. He made some poor decisions and made some bad skill errors as did Beau, Nick, Jordy Degoey and Tommy Mitchell. It's always the older players who are branded over the hill after a bad game when younger players have far worse games but escape scrutiny simply because they are young.

We worry when Sidey can't cover the ground and can't win the ball. Neither of these areas of his game are an issue. It is simply a bad patch which any footballer can go through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back