Player Watch Steele Sidebottom

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know we probably over estimate our own players,but i have no doubt Sidey was one of the main reasons we won today.

He was also brilliant last week (coming off a long lay off) and brilliant against the Lions in round 1.

I dont know his stats this year (help please) but i think he is now in our top 3 most important players. Overtaken swanny?

On a sidenote, i was so stoked when i heard us take Sidey in the draft and i may be a tad biased towards him.

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven't lost a game he has played in this year. Lost 2 of the 3 he didn't play in last year when he was suspended. Could well be our most important player!
No way he is our most important player while Pendles can still pull on the boots.

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am not sure what most opposition fans think of Sidey.

Maybe i should put this on the main board.

upnsmoke

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Sidebottom has always looked like he has the most talent on the Pies since 2010... in the preceding years he has been excellent but has had a stagnation the last 2 years...but lately he has stepped it up and proving he is a top 15 talent in the league.
Just oozing with class, high IQ, great hand and foot skills, very poised.

If he played with urgency every game and a little bit more strength and bravado... he could be a top 5 AFL player. He is so talented and gifted.

rose jam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We'd have 2 more wins in the bag if he wasn't injured, Richmond and Adelaide. Yes Adelaide. Although people think we got pasted by them all that happened was that we couldn't move the ball out of the backline which is a dimension he gives us.

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sidebottom is great, not just for his on field stats he gets around everybody and I just cant imagine him playing in any other colours other than the black and white. He has a good footy brain and just knows where to go in traffic.

Nope, he was already elite last season.;)

But yeah, he is clearly an elite AFL midfielder now, no doubts about it.

To think we basically won 4 games without him, not bad.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, many times over, and has been for a long time. His thumb injury cruelled out first 7 games.

Would not have lost the Tigers game if he was in.

He is a gun.......always in the right place can't teach that!

Back