Player Watch Steele Sidebottom

Remove this Banner Ad

On ya Steele. Only half way mark of his career?

On a Sidey note, we've had quite a few players get just over 250 games then never make 300 through varying reasons.

Here's hoping Steele is our first 350 or even 400 game player.

Pendles is our next 300 man (for a long time i thought it would be Trav), but just don't see 350 in him.

Hoping I'm wrong on Scott.

On ya Steele. Only half way mark of his career?

On a Sidey note, we've had quite a few players get just over 250 games then never make 300 through varying reasons.

Here's hoping Steele is our first 350 or even 400 game player.

Pendles is our next 300 man (for a long time i thought it would be Trav), but just don't see 350 in him.

Hoping I'm wrong on Scott.

Shattered Bucks and Swan never made it to 300. They weren't far off too.

He is a great player. Why did he only get picked at pick 10 despite having kicked 10 goals in the tac cup final.
He went at 11. The talent in the draft was elite and clubs were looking more at Key position players at the time and players with pace.

Steeles not that quick but he had X factor all over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played good today.

200 ticked off

200 to come

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I'll do a higher quality one later when I have the hd footage but for now this'll have to do!

That clip is just quintessentially Steele Sidebottom. I'm sure he saw the open square and realised he was in range if he could get to 50. As soon as his player jumped Rusty just shimmy's past and slots the 50m goal on his "non-preferred" ! And then he just smiles!
Great game Rusty the sealer in the last quarter wasn't bad as well!

A nice memory I have of Steele is from 2009, it was a Saturday afternoon & we'd destroyed Carlton the night before (54 points ). Life was pretty bloody good, as it always is when we beat those pricks. I was out with my girlfriend at the time and decided to pop into a pub in Williamstown to have a cheeky pot or two.

I walk into the sports bar and Steele, Beamsy & a couple of other players were there, having a quiet beer, playing pool and having a bit of a punt. I left them alone & sat across the other side of the bar and watched whatever footy match was on TV in the pub.

When I was at the bar ordering another beer, 18 yo Steele walks over to me and says hello. I was immediately blown away and had no idea whatsoever why he would say hello to me, but then realised I was wearing my 2009 members' hat, which was slightly embarrassing haha.

We had the briefest of chats, but what I do remember is him asking me "did you like last night?" with a huge grin on his face.

I could tell at the time that he genuinely loved his footy and has developed over time from a young knockabout kid to a real leader within the club. He was able to kick 2 goals, (including 'that' goal) & have 27 in a win against Essendon in his 200th - awesome stuff. Looking forward to the next 150 games. :thumbsu:

We've managed a W in his 50, 100, 150, and now 200 milestone games. We need him to have more milestone games.

bXWOMyf.gif

I love and cherish this man. He & Pendles absolutely deserve another flag, so make it happen lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back