Player Watch Steele Sidebottom

To make the 200 win even sweeter, it was against the team his whole family followed before he was drafted.
He even said “I wasn’t a big Magpie Fan” in the post game interview.
No Steele you weren’t, but you are now and that’s all that matters.
Sorry Black and White but even though I know what your avatar is, it looks too much like the crows strip.
I have reported you.;)

I'm hoping Steele becomes the clubs games record holder in a few years. He's well on track. He looks like he could play well into his 30s.
We need a few more 300+ gamers.
Pendles on track as well.

Has taken the lead in the Gary Ayres medal votes

COLLINGWOOD v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
10 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
8 Brayden Maynard (COLL)
4 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
3 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
3 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
2 Adam Treloar (COLL)

GARY AYRES AWARD LEADERBOARD
15 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
10 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
10 Jack Viney (MELB)
10 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
9 Toby Greene (GWS
9 Tom McDonald (MELB)
9 Sam Weideman (MELB)
8 Phi Davis (GWS)
8 James Harmes (MELB)
8 Brayden Maynard (COLL)
7 Dustin Martin (RICH)
7 Jack Redden (WCE)
7 Callan Ward (GWS)
6 Jack Gunston (HAW)
6 Neville Jetta (MELB)
5 Taylor Adams (COLL)
5 Max Gawn (MELB)
5 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
4 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
4 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)

Champ.
Soul of the side.
I have Daics, Bucks, Rocca and now Sidey taking pride of place in the Pie eyed Hall of Fame, Footy Viewing and Drinking lounge

He has to be 1 of the Best All-Time Finals Player as he always seems to be BOG or Close to it in Finals
Best I have ever seen in finals since 1973.

Steele is getting better with age.

He has composure and his foot skills seem to have gone up this season and I think he's taken a trick or two from Pendles with creating space for himself.

Sidebottom now deserves to be in the same bracket as guys like Dangerfield and Martin. I think he's had a better season than both, more consistent and his play in the finals has been amazing.

Steele is now our best player and a top 10 player in the AFL.

Amazing efforts in all finals games so far. No doubt he will be tagged next week after last nights game.

I confess it. When he made the AA team I was a little perplexed. I always felt from my vantage point he got cheap possies and just fooled around chipping it back and forth on his left, or kicking rain makers inside 50.

But the numbers don't lie. 41 touches in a preliminary final, which Swanny didn't do across his career, and in fact neither did Bucks either, is immense. He nearly won a Normie in 2011 and would of had we won it.

Maybe he just needs to snag a few more sausages, but lock him in for redemption on Saturday, Eddie.

I think he probably has reached Pendle,s levels now,the gap has really closed and we are really lucky to have both but Steele really been the man for us this finals series.
It is just fantastic we do not have to rely on Pendle,s all the time now with great support From Adams and Grundy.

Back