Steering the Ship - the next 4 games (watch for jagged reefs ahead)

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawks @ MCG (home away from home)
Dockers @ Optus (away at home)
Pies @ Optus (home sweet home)
Melbourne @ TIO (Alice. Alice, who the f*** is Alice?)

We should be heading into each of these games as favourites and I would take 3-1. The pessimist in me sees each of these games as real banana peel potential however.

Discuss.

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
It's an interesting next cluster.

Hawks - I foresee us with an advantage over the Hawks. They're not looking great, but never rub them out. If they're on, they're still a competitive side. Plus we have to travel.

Dockers - this is a team I actually perceive as a threat to us. We generally do well in Derbys. However, I think if we can shut down Walters, we'll win the game. Dockers forward line is sparse without Walters.

Pies - we have a psych. advant. over them. However, they're playing good football as always and are one of our toughest rivals who can beats us thoroughly if we aren't battle stations ready. I think we'll win in a close game.

Melbourne - this is the game I fear the most. Not because the Demons are all that, but because traditionally we don't play well at no-where grounds and we'll have to travel a ways. That being said, the Demons as we've seen from our previous game this year can be a danger to us. I just hope we show up on the day and play like we did against Ess. Then I perceive that we'll have the upper hand.

I'll finally be moving back to Perth in August with the fiancee after living in Ukraine for 4 goddamn years: gotta get me some primo seats to watch a game for my first ever game at Optus.. can't ******* wait.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
What I said in the +/- thread.

A genuinely intriguing four week ahead of us.
What an interesting part of the draw we enter. Hawthorn and Fremantle are probably the two most unpredictable teams this year. In terms of inconsistency we aren't far behind either team, so god knows what could happen in these next two matches.

Collingwood we've had the wood over in recent games and they haven't beat us in Perth for a decade so on recent history we should have them covered but you could never rock up for a GF replay expecting to win.

Melbourne have easily been the biggest underachievers of 2019, but they could turn up at a moments notice and start playing like it's 2018 all over again. Genuinely anything could happen over the next month.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon we'll win all four, the team is going to be scary good with nic nat and barrass back in.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
We've beaten all those teams in recent past-
Hawks without Gov...Barrass in? (injured today in WAFL)
But the Derby might be a concern after the last one- we've improved since then as they arguably have, but we're almost at full strength by then.
The Dees looked good against Freo who were three down on the bench, they might jump us at Alice (smaller oval?)
The Pies worry me, they might finally get one back on us, but no Stephenson helps.
Otherwise, going on The Bombers game, our new defensive moves and the "Mozzie Fleet",
we should go 4-0!

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
It’s 4-0

Hawks are a bog average team with very few match winners. The MCG is up there with AO as our home away from home

Freo without Pearce, Hogan, Lobb, SHill or Tabenar! That leaves the Frockers relying on McCarthy. Never an easy game but this is ours for the taking.

Pies but this time with NicNat who makes a crucial difference against Grundy. I see this game as a genuine arm wrestle for the race to finish second but we have never lost to them at Optus.

Dees - the power of Max last time nearly broke us so half a Fijian against him should be enough to bring home our 5th win in a row.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Pies but this time with NicNat who makes a crucial difference against Grundy. I see this game as a genuine arm wrestle for the race to finish second but we have never lost to them at Optus.

Dees - the power of Max last time nearly broke us so half a Fijian against him should be enough to bring home our 5th win in a row.
LOL, true. 1 from 1.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He's Baaaaack...!!! (images courtesy WCE Facebook)

64758079_10156565762192224_3134485150008606720_n.jpg
64633557_10156565762082224_8038636803248357376_n.jpg

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we can go 4-0 but realistically we will probably go 3-1.
But i really want to hear what Figure09 has to say though...

Back