Traded Stefan Martin (2012-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like brendan fraser.

I think it's worthwhile mentioning that he looks like Brendan Fraser's glory days...

4aaad4f1b92c3b7d3d04dd8d79787398.jpg

...and before he became a meme.

*myshitup.jpg

NAB Challenge: What We Learned

If Sunday’s game showed us anything, it’s that Stefan Martin is more than capable of owning the sole ruck position in 2016. The 29-year-old amassed 24 disposals and 32 hit-outs against Greater Western Sydney’s Shane Mumford in the final NAB Challenge match at Metricon Stadium yesterday.

Steven May bump: Justin Leppitsch sounds alarm on head-high hits

BRISBANE ruckman Stefan Martin is suffering from headaches and will have more scans tomorrow after being poleaxed by Gold Coast’s Steven May.

The Lions said last night May (sic) was on his feet and celebrating after the game and had no face or neck injuries.

But he will be monitored closely for concussion after being knocked out by May’s shirt-front in the second-quarter of a fiery QClash.

Lions coach Justin Leppitsch will also be watching the match review panel closely when it assesses the bump.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-04-17/update-stef-martin

Stefan Martin will have scans today and tomorrow to determine the extent of injuries sustained in an incident with Gold Coast SUNS players Steven May.

The 29-year-old ruckman was flattened in the final minutes of the first half and stretchered off.

Martin failed a concussion test last night and has slight bruising and swelling to his face this morning.

He stayed with lions Player Welfare Manager Craig Lambert and his family last night.

Brisbane Lions Football Manager Matthew Francis said the Club will take a conservative approach to the ruckman's treatment and return to training.

"Stef's health is paramount and we wouldn't want to rush his return," he said.

"As a Club we've seen the terrible consquences of concussion in recent months and so will certainly take a cautious approach."

Lions fans were encouraged when Martin returned from the change rooms to watch the final quarter from the Club's bench.

May was report by umpires over the incident.

Hope it's nothing too bad - some swelling would be expected from a hit like that and scans were always going to be ran. Concerned to hear he failed the concussion test though - although its not the easiest test in the world to do even when fully functioning.

No offence to you MacMum but I'm going to side with the decision of a medical professional rather than a concerned mother.

If it was some kind of accident at home and someone was knocked out in a pretty severe way, you wouldn't bother ringing an ambulance or take said person to hospital ER to be checked as a precaution?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was some kind of accident at home and someone was knocked out in a pretty severe way, you wouldn't bother ringing an ambulance or take said person to hospital ER to be checked as a precaution?

You would because you don't have access to any medical professionals or doctors at home. A football match is entirely different as you have a club doctor who is qualified to make an initial assessment as to whether someone requires emergency treatment. Clearly he didn't need it and the world keeps spinning.

And I would not bother ringing the ambulance, I'd drive to ER as I have a major hospital about 10 minutes away from my home. Ambulance would be last resort, rural-area induced circumstance. That would be because I would have no idea what to do or how to assess such an injury.

If it was some kind of accident at home and someone was knocked out in a pretty severe way and there was a doctor right there who examined them and said they were ok, you wouldn't bother ringing an ambulance or take said person to hospital ER to be checked by a doctor probably less qualified as a precaution?

That's a more representative scenario.

It's ok to change a persons post is it? I see, I must remember that. Learn things every day.

...back to topic. Hospitals have scans etc. That is what I felt should've been done last night...taken to hospital for scans. Is now being done 24+hrs later.

Just as well he is ok.

Yes he was and did. I wasn't aware a post could be changed by someone else.......not sure I like that they can.

..but hey, life goes on. We live and learn.

Yes he was and did. I wasn't aware a post could be changed by someone else.......not sure I like that they can.

..but hey, life goes on. We live and learn. And phil is a purple monkey dishwasher.

All you have to do is add text within the quoted area like this.

I'm not really sure that purple monkey dishwasher remark was necessary...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back