IN: Neale, McCarthy, pick 47
OUT: pick 4, 22 and Martin

Freo
IN: Kelly, pick 4
OUT: Neale

Geelong
IN: Martin, pick 22
OUT: Kelly, McCarthy, pick 47

Brisbane would want more. Future picks might need to be involved.

Lions

Freo

Geelong

You mean Geelong would want more?...

Lions

Freo

Geelong

Haha yeah great trade... for everyone except Brisbane and Geelong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You mean Geelong would want more?...

Probably but McCarthy is worth nothing and pick 47 is worth little. So they get a gun ruckman and a a decent pick for a midfielder who wants out.

Lions

Freo

Geelong

We are not trading kelly for 22 when hes contracted wed get that for him next year so no point trading him now. Without a top 10 pick we wont trade kelly this year. If we could get our hands on a mid 30s pick we'd probably offer that plus mccarthy for martin but thats the best we would do.

We are not trading kelly for 22 when hes contracted wed get that for him next year so no point trading him now. Without a top 10 pick we wont trade kelly this year. If we could get our hands on a mid 30s pick we'd probably offer that plus mccarthy for martin but thats the best we would do.

Given Kelly would have genuine reasons for wanting out I don't think Geelong would be a bunch of campaigners about it and want a ridiculous pick.

Given Kelly would have genuine reasons for wanting out I don't think Geelong would be a bunch of campaigners about it and want a ridiculous pick.

We've already said he's not being traded this year barring us getting huge overs (ie freo offering pick 5). Itll be dealt with in 12 months.

We've already said he's not being traded this year barring us getting huge overs (ie freo offering pick 5). Itll be dealt with in 12 months.

Because clubs never soften their stance after a player actually requests a trade.

Hold him there against his will and he has a dud year and you'd be lucky to get pick 22.

Because clubs never soften their stance after a player actually requests a trade.

Hold him there against his will and he has a dud year and you'd be lucky to get pick 22.

Hes not going to have a dud year next year nor will he be traded for 22 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Cleary on SEN tonight saying the Cats are after Stef. Smoke? Probably a dart throwing/clickbait article is my take on it.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/14/report-geelong-targeting-brisbane-ruckman/

AFL.com.au journalist Mitch Cleary believes Geelong could go all-out in pursuit of an elite ruckman in the trade period to fix their struggles at the position.

In particular, Cleary said the Cats are looking at Brisbane's Stefan Martin.

He's barely worth pick 22 now. I wouldn't want to give up a top 15 pick for him.
In all fairness he is worth a mid range first rounder. You may not think that...but he is. Would love him brisbane. Very good player with potential to be great

In all fairness he is worth a mid range first rounder. You may not think that...but he is. Would love him brisbane. Very good player with potential to be great

You put forward a very strong argument.

Lions

Freo

Geelong

I think if I was to draw up a trade it would be:
Geelong: 5+47+Martin
Brisbane: Neale
Fremantle: 4+11+22 + Kelly

In terms of point value that puts it at:
Neale as 4+22 (equivalent to between pick 1 & 2) *Significantly more than Dangerfield
Kelly as 5+22-11 (equivalent to pick 10) *A bit less than Jaeger O'Meara
Martin as 22-47 (equivalent to pick 35) * A 2nd round pick

Geelong to also throw in Lincoln McCarthy & Wyle Buzza who aren't really worth much

I think if I was to draw up a trade it would be:
Geelong: 5+47+Martin
Brisbane: Neale
Fremantle: 4+11+22 + Kelly

In terms of point value that puts it at:
Neale as 4+22 (equivalent to between pick 1 & 2) *Significantly more than Dangerfield
Kelly as 5+22-11 (equivalent to pick 10) *A bit less than Jaeger O'Meara
Martin as 22-47 (equivalent to pick 35) * A 2nd round pick

Geelong to also throw in Lincoln McCarthy & Wyle Buzza who aren't really worth much

Geelong give 47 to themselves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back