Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see if he has spoken to any of his ex GWS team mates. A few have moved on big contracts and really struggled under the spotlight.

Boyd retired at 23.
Trelour nearly quit footy last year and said ripping both hammies at the same time was a blessing. Comments about the Pies and Tigers list have followed him for years.
Shiel would be feeling the heat with his kicking. It didn't get nearly as much media attention until this year. Anzac Day he has 22 kicks and 12 handballs and got smashed in the press for his poor turnovers - the next week he has 22 handballs and 11 kicks.

Big contracts come with a fair bit of heat - either perform or you will need really thick skin.

Interesting to see if he has spoken to any of his ex GWS team mates. A few have moved on big contracts and really struggled under the spotlight.

Boyd retired at 23.
Trelour nearly quit footy last year and said ripping both hammies at the same time was a blessing. Comments about the Pies and Tigers list have followed him for years.
Shiel would be feeling the heat with his kicking. It didn't get nearly as much media attention until this year. Anzac Day he has 22 kicks and 12 handballs and got smashed in the press for his poor turnovers - the next week he has 22 handballs and 11 kicks.

Big contracts come with a fair bit of heat - either perform or you will need really thick skin.
I'm sure it's been brought up.

Non biased Carlton opinion but let’s be real who does Gill think is gunna get more members us or GWS?

He wants Carlton to be back there with Coll, Rich, Geel etc.. (Victorian wise)

This is why I think we might have him and Gil has got wind of it.

Gil would like Carlton to rise again, most neutral footy fans wouldn't mind it, myself included (but dont rise up too far...) I don't think he would have an issue with Cogs going to Carlton, GWS will be suitably compensated anyway.

What he doesn't want is Cogs going to hawthorn, the optics would be bad for he and his brethren who value equalisation more than anything else. I mean, we aren't setting the world on fire and will miss finals, but the Hawks have had a lot of recent success and well, lets be honest, the bleating from a big section of the media and fans whenever a star is linked to Hawthorn backs me up.

I have no idea where Cognilio is going, I know nobody with influence. Im just giving my reading on Gil's comments.

Good luck next season with your new coach, whether you get Cogs or not.

This is why I think we might have him and Gil has got wind of it.

Gil would like Carlton to rise again, most neutral footy fans wouldn't mind it, myself included (but dont rise up too far...) I don't think he would have an issue with Cogs going to Carlton, GWS will be suitably compensated anyway.

What he doesn't want is Cogs going to hawthorn, the optics would be bad for he and his brethren who value equalisation more than anything else. I mean, we aren't setting the world on fire and will miss finals, but the Hawks have had a lot of recent success and well, lets be honest, the bleating from a big section of the media and fans whenever a star is linked to Hawthorn backs me up.

I have no idea where Cognilio is going, I know nobody with influence. Im just giving my reading on Gil's comments.

Good luck next season with your new coach, whether you get Cogs or not.
I sincerely doubt that the CEO would be across one players contract status .

And like you, I also have nfi whats gunna happen.

Boyd retired at 23.

They definitely chat, try and find out what it’s going to be like if they do take the plunge into the world’s largest fishbowl.

Not only what it’s like being under a microscope but also what your club and new colleagues do to deal with it.

It’s not like they’d be the first player at their club to ever cop it, they would have experience to draw on and have strategies in place.

It's nothing to do with Carlton...

It's a disaster for the AFL if Jaeger, Cogs and Whitfield all end up at Hawthorn.

The AFL want equalisation and the plan they hoped for was if these players left GC or GWS they would be spread across the teams, Not potentially the 3 best ending up at the club that won 3 flags in a row while they were developing.

It's a laughable situation, I reckon they would be panicking behind closed doors over it!

It's a disaster for the AFL if Jaeger, Cogs and Whitfield all end up at Hawthorn.

The AFL want equalisation and the plan they hoped for was if these players left GC or GWS they would be spread across the teams, Not potentially the 3 best ending up at the club that won 3 flags in a row while they were developing.

It's a laughable situation, I reckon they would be panicking behind closed doors over it!
You nailed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let them panic

Are they going to invent a "if you're a free agent, you are not allowed to go to Hawthorn" rule ? :p

Pretty much this...

Remember the s**t storm when JOM nominated Hawthorn after the three peat

Boyd retired at 23.

I think you’ll find he’s not a Gaff and certainly not a Shiel.

Reckon he is more of a chance in starting at GWS then he was 48 hours ago.

I wouldn't place much faith in Perth Radio, they had recently ran with the Worsfold to Carlton rumour after months of linking Ross Lyon to us..

Just hope he makes his mind up before the finals start, really don't want to put up with another no.th of speculation and innuendo

Meh, good luck to Hawthorn if they can pull it off. They did get screwed over by the pitiful compo for Buddy Franklin, I don't think the Hawks worry about upsetting The AFL, it's not like City Hall have given them any favours lately.
I am just happy Carlton is back in the conversation as a 'destination club'

Wait as someone in WA are we really taking what Brad Hardie said seriously? That’s like taking Kane Cornes seriously or putting two bowls in front of a dog and letting a dog tell you.

Not saying it’s not Hawthorn, not saying it’s Carlton, I don’t know. But I wouldn’t be banking anything Brad Hardie says or for that matter anything on 6PR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back