Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Childish? Look at you go big man!

Neale and McCarthy?
Shiel and Dev Smith?

It happens, who cares what motivates a player to move, I can't see the point in getting the hump about it.

Every player has different reasons for choosing a club. For me, If it was a choice of an extra 1m 1.5 mil over a contract period or playing with my mate i would take the cash every day of the week.

What makes everyone think he is staying? Surely he's gone if he hasn't signed by now
You can usually tell what someone is doing by supporter optimism. Both Carlton and Hawthorn fans seem super optimistic, whereas GWS fans are at best hopeful.

It sounds like he's saying two things to two different clubs, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can usually tell what someone is doing by supporter optimism. Both Carlton and Hawthorn fans seem super optimistic, whereas GWS fans are at best hopeful.

It sounds like he's saying two things to two different clubs, though.
Are you sure? It's crickets on the Hawks board and Carlton haven't heard anything from the Coniglio camp. I say GWS should be feeling the most optimistic.

Are you sure? It's crickets on the Hawks board and Carlton haven't heard anything from the Coniglio camp. I say GWS should be feeling the most optimistic.
Well I guess it shows I'm mostly just looking at this thread for my opinions. I mostly avoid reading club boards that aren't the Sydney one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon people 'hearing it's 50/50' need to be critical of their sources.

More than likely, the source is someone who has heard, third hand, the official line..."Not sure...weighing up my future...big decision...just want to let my football do the talking...etc etc"

Whichever way he goes, he's more likely to have decided months ago

I reckon people 'hearing it's 50/50' need to be critical of their sources.

More than likely, the source is someone who has heard, third hand, the official line..."Not sure...weighing up my future...big decision...just want to let my football do the talking...etc etc"

Whichever way he goes, he's more likely to have decided months ago
99% has made his decision to leave but we will all sit here twiddling thumbs until GWS get knocked out.

Assuming the dogs/pies do the right thing this week and the dogs do another demo job on them in week 1 of the finals probably 10th-12th September we will finally hear what he is doing.

99% has made his decision to leave but we will all sit here twiddling thumbs until GWS get knocked out.

Assuming the dogs/pies do the right thing this week and the dogs do another demo job on them in week 1 of the finals probably 10th-12th September we will finally hear what he is doing.

Maybe he'll play funny buggers and not announce it until the end of the free agency/trade period :p

Maybe he'll play funny buggers and not announce it until the end of the free agency/trade period :p
We don't need another shiel please, GWS pushing for that answer should see it come sooner rather then later.

Food for thought though, if it is hawthorn GWS should 100% have the ability to match and force a trade to get more then the pick 13 ish FA compo.

Has there ever been a situation where a player has gone to a club because his friend plays there? It's seems like a rather childish reason to make such an important decision

JOM and Cogs aren’t just ‘friends’, have you seen their instagram? basically with each other every second photo... they are inseparable, to an extent where Cogs literally flew up to GC to watch JOM return from injury in the NEAFL despite the fact he had a game that weekend. I have no doubt in my mind Cogs would want to play alongside his best mate, and if he joins Hawthorn, JOM would be a key factor to his decision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JOM and Cogs aren’t just ‘friends’, have you seen their instagram? basically with each other every second photo... they are inseparable, to an extent where Cogs literally flew up to GC to watch JOM return from injury in the NEAFL despite the fact he had a game that weekend. I have no doubt in my mind Cogs would want to play alongside his best mate, and if he joins Hawthorn, JOM would be a key factor to his decision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He'll probably live with JOM if he moves to VIC.

Honestly i wouldn't even want to see my best mate at home, work and then at social outings...would *ing get sick of him.

He can play at Carlton and still see JOM every day...you guys make it sound like he can't spare a single moment without JOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back