Restricted Free Agent Stephen Coniglio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't dislike the talk of his impending free agency at all cause there's a high chance he'll come to Hawthorn. I just don't agree with the straw man logic that because he has signed a 4 year deal on GWS affiliated multicultural program. If anything its things like this being reported and the one most recently where your head honchos have said to Cogs and Kelly name you price whist opening the cheque book. All I hear is panic with the sharks in the water.

Anyways FWIW I do think its a high chance he stays but if he does leave then I think its definitely to the HFC.
Lol. You are all over the shop mate.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Or he's asked if he wants to support this program and he says na I can't I'm leaving in 12 months.

So I don't think it's as strong a sign as you suggest.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
What do you mean your not supposed to show people your hand when your playing poker

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Lol. You are all over the shop mate.
The first part 'cause there's a high chance he'll come to Hawthorn' was more so on what has been reported. The second part 'FWIW I do think its a high chance he stays' was more to do with my gut feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or what you like to think has been reported? There is nothing to suggest that there is a high chance that he will go to Hawthorn.
I think there’s only one person who knows, his initials are SC... pretty funny Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon fans arguing over where he’s going to go and the season hasn’t even started.
A handful of months ago supporters of these clubs were ~adamant~ they KNEW where Dylan Shiel was going, so arrogant and cocky about their ‘inside information’ and it amounted to feck all. Everyone stop saying there’s a high chance of Coniglio doing anything, (except maybe staying put) you all look stupid

the rooboy

Team Captain
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hardly considering he has always been our multicultural ambassador.

And I don't see how a "report" saying we are opening our cheque book is any sign of panic when any club is probably doing the same for him and Kelly.

So you hate straw man logic...
Ok so you might as well stay out of here until he signs a contract with us or until trade week as all of this is just discussion and conjecture.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I’m pretty sure it’s not open cheque book but terms and conditions for both players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the rooboy

Team Captain
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think there’s only one person who knows, his initials are SC... pretty funny Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon fans arguing over where he’s going to go and the season hasn’t even started.
A handful of months ago supporters of these clubs were ~adamant~ they KNEW where Dylan Shiel was going, so arrogant and cocky about their ‘inside information’ and it amounted to feck all. Everyone stop saying there’s a high chance of Coniglio doing anything, (except maybe staying put) you all look stupid
Yeah try be like us North Melbourne supporters level headed and never go the early crow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JayJay_S

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
First of all I never claimed to have any inside information of where Cogs is going. I was just debating with 2 GWS posters that the fact that Cogs’ name is affiliated with a GWS multicultural program doesn’t have any bearing that he’ll be staying there.

Now FWIW this is in fact a Stephen Cogniglio Free Agency thread where we are entitled to debate where he will end up otherwise the thread wouldn’t be called that. If people want to spread false information well that’s up to them but that’s never been my go and if you see my posts above my gut feel was that he’ll stay with GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General Giant

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
First of all I never claimed to have any inside information of where Cogs is going. I was just debating with 2 GWS posters that the fact that Cogs’ name is affiliated with a GWS multicultural program doesn’t have any bearing that he’ll be staying there.

Now FWIW this is in fact a Stephen Cogniglio Free Agency thread where we are entitled to debate where he will end up otherwise the thread wouldn’t be called that. If people want to spread false information well that’s up to them but that’s never been my go and if you see my posts above my gut feel was that he’ll stay with GWS.
Whose spreading false information?

AFL Club
Hawthorn

I wasn’t having a dig at you or anyone in particular mate just reading through the thread reminded me a lot of the Shiel saga and I’d like to think people might have learnt a thing or two regarding making statements based on what other posters say (and the media alsofor that matter )

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I wouldnt get cocky there.

Wish him all the best and hope he gets back, but nothing is guaranteed.

We have our own injury concerns with Patton fingers crossed.

It's got nothing to do with being cocky but more so to do with your medicos saying he's got next to no hope of ever playing again. What does it say about your medicos if / when he makes an early return this season?

General Giant

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
It's got nothing to do with being cocky but more so to do with your medicos saying he's got next to no hope of ever playing again. What does it say about your medicos if / when he makes an early return this season?
Doesn't say anything really.
Next to no hope (which I haven't heard them say) is not no hope.

It's also cleared up even more cap space to allow the retention of players.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Doesn't say anything really.
Next to no hope (which I haven't heard them say) is not no hope.

It's also cleared up even more cap space to allow the retention of players.

And what happens when the players they want to retain don't re-up? (i.e. Cogs and Kelly)

Having more money doesn't mean JS. Just ask any North fan.

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
I’m loving hearing about these daily ITK rumours. My ITK has told me that there is one club he “would love to play for” and that the particular club has been making a lot of moves to “find the money”. AFAIK he is very much staying put but is “open to moving” as this particular club has spent his whole career wooing him

Top Bottom