Restricted Free Agent Stephen Coniglio

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ll take that as a compliment. BTW feel free to flag this comment like you did with my last one because your feelings got all hurt with all the so called name calling.
I have no idea what you are talking about. The only interactions we have had are you getting shitty that I kept calling you mate.

To be fair though, you seem to forget things midpost from your posting history so I am not surprised you can't remember usernames.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I have no idea what you are talking about. The only interactions we have had are you getting shitty that I kept calling you mate.

To be fair though, you seem to forget things midpost from your posting history so I am not surprised you can't remember usernames.
Whatever makes you feel good mate 👍🏽

briztoon

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Not the best source I admit, but Kim Hagdorn has got a few right recently. He reports:

"(Coniglio) has expressed interest in talking to Fremantle"

Interestingly, the report also contained this:
Haggers: He was overruled by the GWS Board of Management for the Captaincy
Basil: Why is that?
Haggers: Because they fear he might be going

He also stated "West Coast probably couldn't afford Steven Coniglio" and Hawks are "hot in pursuit of getting Steven Coniglio"

He's thrown the net pretty wide here, but it's March so not expecting much else at this stage.

No mention of Carlton.
When the very first rumours of Neale leaving Fremantle surfaced, one of the first people to "report" the rumour was Hagdorn. I distinctly remember every Fremantle fan on the Neale thread absolutely caning Hagdorn for making sh!t up and being about as reliable as a used car salesman.

And now we have a Fremantle fan quoting Hagdorn as a source, albeit with a caveat.

However, Fremantle's midfield certainly needs reinforcements for them to get close to the eight.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
When the very first rumours of Neale leaving Fremantle surfaced, one of the first people to "report" the rumour was Hagdorn. I distinctly remember every Fremantle fan on the Neale thread absolutely caning Hagdorn for making sh!t up and being about as reliable as a used car salesman.

And now we have a Fremantle fan quoting Hagdorn as a source, albeit with a caveat.

However, Fremantle's midfield certainly needs reinforcements for them to get close to the eight.
He definitely has had a few hits but also has his fair share of misses.

Cogs to Freo is something I'll only believe when Damo and Terry are discussing it in October.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
He definitely has had a few hits but also has his fair share of misses.

Cogs to Freo is something I'll only believe when Damo and Terry are discussing it in October.
Do you know if there is any truth to this rumour that was posted on this Facebook page? If true then gee wizz it’s a crappy time for it to be surfacing.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
No idea, sorry.
Seems like it’s being handled internally atm but these things don’t usually leak to this Facebook rumour pages for no reason. It’s things like this occurring why I don’t think Cogs will consider Freo. Without trying to sound demeaning with this sort of stuff combined with having Lyon as HC I wouldn’t blame anyone for not choosing Freo as a destination.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers

He was also the first to call Sam Mitchell to West Coast. Totally took everyone by surprise.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Seems like it’s being handled internally atm but these things don’t usually leak to this Facebook rumour pages for no reason. It’s things like this occurring why I don’t think Cogs will consider Freo. Without trying to sound demeaning with this sort of stuff combined with having Lyon as HC I wouldn’t blame anyone for not choosing Freo as a destination.
Except that Jesse Hogan, Rory Lobb, Rhys Conca, Traves Colyer, Nathan Wilson, Brandon Matera, Shane Kersten, Cam McCarthy, Bradley Hill and Joal Hamling did exactly that.

Facebook rumours would feature somewhere on the list of items a player looks for behind just about everything else.

I've said it before: Contract size, Contract length... daylight... 'go home'.... everything else.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thinly veiled I want him to come to Hawthorn and think belittling other clubs on the internet has some weighting in his decision post?

Not interested in this sort of posting, tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Thinly veiled I want him to come to Hawthorn and think belittling other clubs on the internet has some weighting in his decision post?

Not interested in this sort of posting, tbh.
I wasn’t belittling the FFC at all. My post was directed at Lyon and the last couple of incidents with staff that he’s been involved with. Players are not stupid and when they choose clubs to go to then good team culture is most definitely something that they will consider. I’m not going to pretend like I know everything about what goes on inside the FFC but it’s definitely not talked about like Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney. If you want to take that as me belittling the FFC well that’s not what I was intending. As I said in my original post, Lyon has had a couple of indescretions not just at Freo but also at Sydney and St Kilda and definitely does not have the best reputation as a coach players want to play for.

Last edited:
AFL Club
GWS
Are you seriously suggesting rumours dont start on the internet for no reason? Or just on Facebook?
Either way, LMAO

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Are you seriously suggesting rumours dont start on the internet for no reason? Or just on Facebook?
Either way, LMAO
Of coarse they do but when it gets into specific details like that then the thing you have to remember with those Facebook pages that someone who runs that page is legally liable for defamation if those rumours are not true. Yes we all know the internet is a horrible place but if you read my first post I was asking the Freo poster if he’d heard anything about the rumour because yeah I don’t believe everything I read on Facebook. Otherwise I would’ve said in post oh look what’s happening at the FFC again. The main reason I posted it was because of Lyon and his growing list of indescetions.

Last edited:
AFL Club
GWS
Of coarse they do but when it gets into specific details like that then the thing you have to remember with those Facebook pages that someone who runs that page is legally liable for defamation if those rumours are not true. Yes we all know the internet is a horrible place but if you read my first post I was asking the Freo poster if he’d heard anything about the rumour because yeah I don’t believe everything I read on Facebook. Otherwise I would’ve said in post oh look what’s happening at the FFC again. The main reason I posted it was because of Lyon and his growing list of indescetions.
All I can say is a Freo poster has already listed three players we didn,'t want to lose who've chosen to go there in recent years.

I think Cogs will re-sign shortly anyway, but history diesn'tsuggest Lyon is a turn off.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
All I can say is a Freo poster has already listed three players we didn,'t want to lose who've chosen to go there in recent years.

I think Cogs will re-sign shortly anyway, but history diesn'tsuggest Lyon is a turn off.
So when he doesn’t do so like you think, then what? You move the goal posts to well he’d be silly not to hold out until season’s end?

It would’ve been more realistic if you worded your post as ‘I hope he resigns soon’.

Look I know the whole Cogs and Kelly contract situation is a sore spot for you and mist GWS fans but you don’t have to get your panties in a bunch when posters link him to other clubs. If you feel so strongly that he’ll resign soon then why are you getting so temperamental about it?

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Also the

Also the 3 guys he named who by no means game changers... McCarthy (mummy’s boy), Hogan (father was terminally ill) and Wilson really have nothing to do with Cogs except the go home factor which by all reports he has never experienced.

AFL Club
GWS
So when he doesn’t do so like you think, then what? You move the goal posts to well he’d be silly not to hold out until season’s end?

It would’ve been more realistic if you worded your post as ‘I hope he resigns soon’.

Look I know the whole Cogs and Kelly contract situation is a sore spot for you and mist GWS fans but you don’t have to get your panties in a bunch when posters link him to other clubs. If you feel so strongly that he’ll resign soon then why are you getting so temperamental about it?
When you start telling me what I think, I know you're delusional. I expect Cogs to re-sign and it would be dishonest today anything else, it's that simple.

Reality is what it's, not what you want it to be.

I have no problem with other clubs being interested, it's what happens when a very good player is OOC and in this case reaches FA.

The WA clubs have some reason to think he's gettable , and I think they remember the 16yo who played WAFL.

AFL Club
GWS
Also the

Also the 3 guys he named who by no means game changers... McCarthy (mummy’s boy), Hogan (father was terminally ill) and Wilson really have nothing to do with Cogs except the go home factor which by all reports he has never experienced.
It's actually Lobb, McCarthy and Wilson. They all wanted to return to WA. Lobb and Wilson were mature guys not teenagers.

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

When you start telling me what I think, I know you're delusional. I expect Cogs to re-sign and it would be dishonest today anything else, it's that simple.

Reality is what it's, not what you want it to be.

I have no problem with other clubs being interested, it's what happens when a very good player is OOC and in this case reaches FA.

The WA clubs have some reason to think he's gettable , and I think they remember the 16yo who played WAFL.
You were telling me what you think so don’t get it twisted. Your obviously worried about the Hawks lurking so much that you’d rather him sign with Freo or West Coast. It’s your prerogative to feel that way but it just makes me feel more confident that we’ll get him. I’ll be waiting patiently for the negotiations to be put off until the end of the season.

AFL Club
GWS
You were telling me what you think so don’t get it twisted. Your obviously worried about the Hawks lurking so much that you’d rather him sign with Freo or West Coast. It’s your prerogative to feel that way but it just makes me feel more confident that we’ll get him. I’ll be waiting patiently for the negotiations to be put off until the end of the season.
images (10).jpeg

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wasn’t belittling the FFC at all. My post was directed at Lyon and the last couple of incidents with staff that he’s been involved with. Players are not stupid and when they choose clubs to go to then good team culture is most definitely something that they will consider. I’m not going to pretend like I know everything about what goes on inside the FFC but it’s definitely not talked about like Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney. If you want to take that as me belittling the FFC well that’s not what I was intending. As I said in my original post, Lyon has had a couple of indescretions not just at Freo but also at Sydney and St Kilda and definitely does not have the best reputation as a coach players want to play for.
My evidence that it is not an issue is the 10 or so players (including several high profile ones) that have move to us in the last few years.

What is yours? Big Footy main board?

You are trying to convince yourself that we are no chance to make you feel better about Hawthorn's prospects. That's fine, but don't dress it up to be anything else and don't include me in any of it.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
You guys only have 1 high profile player that I know of and he hasn’t been the same since he tried to hurt Sam Mitchell’s knee with his shin
The current list contains 4 All Australians. Know many low profile All Australians?

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling now.

Top Bottom