Status
Not open for further replies.

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So says every Hawks supporter.

Hawks need decent talls. No point getting the ball with no one to kick it to.

Serious question. What was the last 1st rounder the Hawks used in the draft
Yeah we sure do need to address that area but i think most Hawk fans are confident that Mitch Lewis can be a key forward for the next decade but he can't do it alone. I have no idea if the Patton rumors are true or not but we are supposedly interested in him as well. The counter argument is no point having a key forward who can take a mark if we have no one getting him the ball and i think midfields have a bigger influence of a successful team than a key forward does.

Our last first rounders were Lovell and Burton in the 2015 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah we sure do need to address that area but i think most Hawk fans are confident that Mitch Lewis can be a key forward for the next decade but he can't do it alone. I have no idea if the Patton rumors are true or not but we are supposedly interested in him as well. The counter argument is no point having a key forward who can take a mark if we have no one getting him the ball and i think midfields have a bigger influence of a successful team than a key forward does.

Our last first rounders were Lovell and Burton in the 2015 draft.
So doesnt that restrict the Hawks trading out of the 1st round in 2019.

That would be no first round picks used in four years straight!

WWSD

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2009
Mill Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
So doesnt that restrict the Hawks trading out of the 1st round in 2019.

That would be no first round picks used in four years straight!
Hawthorn can trade it’s 2020 first round pick to another club for a 2019 first round pick. Though that’s unlikely to happen.

Orange Agent

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
You forgot Lobb.

Easily $2m freed up.
Griffen was likely the highest paid to go last year, and then add potentially Shaw and Deledio this year. We have the cash, wouldnt be surprised if we look to bring in a ruck in the trade period.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawthorn can trade it’s 2020 first round pick to another club for a 2019 first round pick. Though that’s unlikely to happen.
Pretty hard to trade an unknown pick for a known 2019 pick.

Have to be a discount due to risk. 2020 Hawks 1st may likely be say anywhere from pick 6 to pick 14.

Look how the pick swap between Carlton and the Crows is panning out.

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty hard to trade an unknown pick for a known 2019 pick.

Have to be a discount due to risk. 2020 Hawks 1st may likely be say anywhere from pick 6 to pick 14.

Look how the pick swap between Carlton and the Crows is panning out.
As far as i know we can trade out this years but would be forced to hold them going in to 2020, but it is really hard to follow because the AFL really is a joke and have butchered the whole thing. We also have a father son this year who may go in the late first round so we could possibly trade this years first and match a bid with a later pick and that would fill a first round pick selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
As far as i know we can trade out this years but would be forced to hold them going in to 2020, but it is really hard to follow because the AFL really is a joke and have butchered the whole thing. We also have a father son this year who may go in the late first round so we could possibly trade this years first and match a bid with a later pick and that would fill a first round pick selection.
Id bet that the other clubs would be reluctant to bid on him that early. FS always slide

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Think thats a good call from Coniglio but pretty much ends Patton's time at the GWS
He's probably not even Best 22 at this point anyway. Tomlinson would be a bit of a blow if cap pressures force him out though.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
******** You Troll
He's probably not even Best 22 at this point anyway. Tomlinson would be a bit of a blow if cap pressures force him out though.
I more meant that Patton is still contracted on good salary from what i remember and that would mean a salary dump scully style

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I more meant that Patton is still contracted on good salary from what i remember and that would mean a salary dump scully style
How much of a salary dump?

Are you suggesting the Hawks will pay 100% of the 2020 contract sum?

Think GWS will be lucky to be only paying half.

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
How much of a salary dump?

Are you suggesting the Hawks will pay 100% of the 2020 contract sum?

Think GWS will be lucky to be only paying half.
I bet some clubs will be desperate enough to pay the whole sum.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Whispers and a couple of footy heads I know seem very confident that Cogs will stay with GWS.

Reckon this gets done soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom