Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
How is it suss?

We got rid of an awful lot of cap last year.
Doesn't matter.

That's the only downside with constantly cycling through high picks and academy prospects. You get a lot of good players who can earn decent coin elsewhere.

I think the Giants cap will always be an issue. You started with huge concessions and post SOS, list management has been excellent. A chain of benefit still flowing from that period till today. That means a continuous squeeze. Honestly, your huge injury list is kind of what's been masking a squeeze for spots as well that would be keeping top end talent on the sidelines.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
3 guns right there.

Collingwood have Grundy, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams and Beams in their engine room.

Once upon a time Hawthorn had Franklin, Roughead, Breust, Gunston in their forward line. Mark Williams didn't quite overlap with all of them but that's 5 guys capable of kicking 50-60 goals almost in the same 22.

Going back further we had Jakovich, McKenna, Worsfold, McIntosh, Hart in our defence who were all AA at one time or another.

Looking at GWS' list I would reckon that at least half the main list of 39 players would be on <$300k. They have 6 draftees from 2018 and 5 from 2017. There's 11 players on minimum salary. From 2016 they have Taranto, Perryman, Cumming and Matt De Boer. From 2015 Hopper, Himmelberg, Flynn. IMO those 18 players would be eating up about $3m which gives you an average salary of $600k for the rest. Zac Williams, Finlayson, Corr, Buntine, Tomlinson, Haynes... just how much do people these guys are on?
Franklin, Roughead, Breust, Gunston and Rioli.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
******** You Troll
Yeah people do carry on a bit I agree. No arguing with the fact that Kelly, Coniglio and Whitfield are all elite, AA level players though. Just so, so, so good.
Toranto , Himmelberg,Hopper,Tomlinson,Greene,Cameron,Davis & Ward are all up there also with injuries getting to some but at their peak all could very easily be AA and dominate games

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Franklin, Roughead, Breust, Gunston and Rioli.
LOL how did I miss Rioli? Granted he wasn't a huge goal kicker but still a jet.

Toranto , Himmelberg,Hopper,Tomlinson,Greene,Cameron,Davis & Ward are all up there also with injuries getting to some but at their peak all could very easily be AA and dominate games
Davis, Ward and even Cameron to some degree would've been making bank early. Scully was on $6m over 6 years wasn't he to star with? Something like that. They had a whole list of kids and had to pay someone. Young players like Taranto, Hopper, Himmelberg etc. coming up will no doubt earn more than their draftee deals as they get older but GWS do have natural play turnover like everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Even if they lose Kelly they wouldn’t be able to afford cogs

Tim Kelly is still in the second year of his draft contract and on base wage only
Yes we would as we would be allocating at least 800k for Kelly next year so that becomes available if he goes and we will lose Smith SSelwood Henderson who are on big contracts and maybeTaylor and possibly Bews to go. Thats easily 1.3pa from the other outgoings without factoring in Kelly. That said i think Coniglio stays at GWS and i doubt he comes to Geelong but we can well and truly afford him.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
He has already done one hell of a build.

Don't think he would want to start again at another club.
Cripps, Coniligio, Walsh, Dow, SSP, Stocker plus this years draft is a pretty decent midfield. Carlton's talls also are reaching their 100 games in the next 2 seasons.

Blues would be pushing for 10th to 7th with Cogs in that side IMO.

The new coach is the big ??

Paul Roos...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom