Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top four midfield maybe.

But no way do the Hawks have a top four defense or forward line.

You need two out of three sections of the ground to be top quality to contend.
Everybody including yourself said the same thing about Eagles midfield after 2017 season instead of Hawthorn forward and defense . We are not expert in predicting the future so let's not pretend we do. You also predicted Eagles won't make the top 8 before the 2018 season start.

Everybody including yourself said the same thing about Eagles midfield after 2017 season instead of Hawthorn forward and defense . We are not expert in predicting the future so let's not pretend we do. You also predicted Eagles won't make the top 8 before the 2018 season start.

What you are ignoring is the Eagles had a top four defense and attack with a adequate midfield plus a lot of finals experience including a recent gf loss.

Thats not a prediction.

I recall predicting the Eagles would be mid table possibly llower part of the top 8. They out performed my modest prediction.:)

Clubs can surprise but they need a certain amount of quality, experience and a bit of luck. Hawks lack enough quality and they will be losing a massive amount of experience in the next two seasons.

You dont agree?

Top four midfield maybe.

But no way do the Hawks have a top four defense or forward line.

You need two out of three sections of the ground to be top quality to contend.

only have 2 all australians from last year

plus wingard who is also an all australian

tidy up the forward 50 entries and who said it isnt a top 4 forward line

If Coniglio wants home and success, then it’s West Coast.

If Conigilio wants home and money, then it’s Fremantle.

If Conigilo is loyal and wants success, then it’s GWS.

All three teams are higher on the ladder than the Hawks.

Three of the teams are more home than Victoria.

Money wise it’s Fremantle, maybe Hawthorn, then West Coast and then GWS.

Plus, I think there are better options than the Hawks in Victoria ie Geelong, and Richmond.

Plus, I think there are better options than the Hawks in Victoria ie Geelong, and Richmond.
Has 2 significant business interest plus very close mates in Melbourne. If Patton is done, as reported, then there is another best mate at the Hawks.

If he's chosen to leave, we're in it up to our eyeballs.

Collingwood continually attracted talent whilst being a bottom 8 team with the main one being Treloar.

Prestia to Richmond the year they were terrible and finished bottom 8.

Mitch McGovern went to a rabble in Carlton

So many things go in to a players decision to move (if he does) and it is way too simplistic to think that a bunch of strangers that have never met him would be able to know what he wants. Going home may mean jack s**t to him, Jaeger was from WA but never really had a strong pull to go home.

Collingwood continually attracted talent whilst being a bottom 8 team with the main one being Treloar.

Prestia to Richmond the year they were terrible and finished bottom 8.

Mitch McGovern went to a rabble in Carlton

So many things go in to a players decision to move (if he does) and it is way too simplistic to think that a bunch of strangers that have never met him would be able to know what he wants. Going home may mean jack **** to him, Jaeger was from WA but never really had a strong pull to go home.

But according to you tou do know better?

No one is claiming they know just discussing factors in play.

If I was changing clubs I would want fair coin, a decent team to play with,a quality club and coach. And a decent chance at success.

Will Clarkson be there in 2-3 years? The current President seems to want a change.

How does the Hawks list rank against other teams in play?

But according to you tou do know better?

No one is claiming they know just discussing factors in play.

If I was changing clubs I would want fair coin, a decent team to play with,a quality club and coach. And a decent chance at success.

Will Clarkson be there in 2-3 years? The current President seems to want a change.

How does the Hawks list rank against other teams in play?
No I never claimed to know better....

I threw around possibilities, others talked as if he won’t come as a matter of fact.

With what you said you would want we can offer the money, we are a strong well run club and have the best coach in the AFL. The only thing we need to convince him of by that criteria is the direction of the list.

Can you show me where Jeff has indicated since coming back to the club that he wants a change of coach? As Clarko re-signed this pre season I would say it’s pretty safe to say Clarko isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

No I never claimed to know better....

I threw around possibilities, others talked as if he won’t come as a matter of fact.

With what you said you would want we can offer the money, we are a strong well run club and have the best coach in the AFL. The only thing we need to convince him of by that criteria is the direction of the list.

Can you show me where Jeff has indicated since coming back to the club that he wants a change of coach? As Clarko re-signed this pre season I would say it’s pretty safe to say Clarko isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

Kennett is on record on not having the same people in charge for more than I recall 7 years.

I'll chase a recent article up when I get back on my laptop.

If anything the President needs to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennett is on record on not having the same people in charge for more than I recall 7 years.

He is not kennett, I think the best thing for cog is stayed at GWS.

Footy wise staying is as good a decision as any.

Outside footy it really depends on a number of factors. He'll be a top 5 paid player at any club and will be looked after post footy. Can't see him joining St Kilda or North or something because they can pay $200k more than the next best offer etc.

Maybe but he re-signed Clarko until the end of 2022 just last off season. He clearly wants to keep him around.

There's also the fact that Carlton and St Kilda are offering $1.4 million a year, that's more than what Hawthorn will give.

There's also the fact that Carlton and St Kilda are offering $1.4 million a year, that's more than what Hawthorn will give.
He's not interested in the monster deals. Know for a fact that he's not interested in the Saints offer, which is more than the figure you quoted per year.

Really? Coniglio has told you this?

IMO offers from clubs he doesn't want to play for are white noise. Not like he can get $3m a year somewhere, there's a limit. The salary cap is so rubbery he'll make money outside it anyway. GWS and suitors all know the pay bracket he belongs in. I still reckon he'll re-sign.

IMO offers from clubs he doesn't want to play for are white noise. Not like he can get $3m a year somewhere, there's a limit. The salary cap is so rubbery he'll make money outside it anyway. GWS and suitors all know the pay bracket he belongs in. I still reckon he'll re-sign.
Yeah even the media articles saying "x is gonna make him a multi-millionaire" suggest he's close to re-signing. With that said, thought he'd do it this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back