Restricted Free Agent Stephen Coniglio

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
I never saw Lynch driving an Audi in Dingley, nor claimed that he did.

I intimated however, that it would look very becoming where he to do so.
Would it be very 'Becoming' For Coniglio to drive a datsun ??

Perhaps we might be able to get him into a Jeep SRT - He'd look really cool driving that and would even have room for O'meara and friends ;)

Too bad Audi dumped the Hawks the R8 would have been a deal changer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Debatable and depends a lot on the club they're going to. Lynch to Richmond (and many other examples) didn't require huge overs, but that's beside the point...You're saying how good it is to have that cap space, while clearly it's achieved very little....i.e. It's not all that good.
I mean... You're a Tigers supporter. You're clearly going to be biased in favour of saying it was a warm, fuzzy feeling Lynch got instead of you guys being top of the ladder at the time he made his decision.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Would it be very 'Becoming' For Coniglio to drive a datsun ??

Perhaps we might be able to get him into a Jeep SRT - He'd look really cool driving that and would even have room for O'meara and friends ;)

Too bad Audi dumped the Hawks the R8 would have been a deal changer
I'm not sure who it is that Datsun are sponsoring.....But it aint Hawthorn.

Your allusions would have far more piquancy if only you could get your basic facts right.

telsor

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Habs
I mean... You're a Tigers supporter. You're clearly going to be biased in favour of saying it was a warm, fuzzy feeling Lynch got instead of you guys being top of the ladder at the time he made his decision.
Not at all. Being top of the ladder (or more particularly, have a solid shot at flags in coming years) would be a massive factor.

There is much more than that, but it'd certainly be a big one.

archiemoses

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hard to see him at a team without 'West' in their name. Good luck Bulldogs, but he'll be a Giant or an Eagle. We've been keen on him since he was playing in the WAFL at 16.

GWS let Shiel go for a pretty good offer and gave Scully away for next to nothing. With Lobb going out and Smith, Wilson, Kennedy last year they've eased some salary cap pressure. They didn't do that for the hell of it. They've clearly prioritised Kelly and Coniglio as key players to retain. I'd be very surprised if GWS let Scully, Shiel, Lobb go under contract if they were expecting to lose Kelly and Coniglio.

We'll be pushing to sign Coniglio as a free agent but I would not be surprised at all to be sitting here this time next year with both he and Kelly as GWS players.
Yep this, GWS have a plan and its to retain both Kelly and Coniglio. They were close to a flag and weakened their list. Losing Kelly and Conigs will set them back significantly. Can't see it happening.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Charlie Bucket

All Australian
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If GWS line up Rd 1 2020 with Cogs and Kelly in their side it’ll be a miracle. Cogs to Hawks is the worst kept secret in football circles and Kelly was gone the day he signed that two year extension.
Both want a flag but know if it doesn’t happen this year they need to win one elsewhere.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
If GWS line up Rd 1 2020 with Cogs and Kelly in their side it’ll be a miracle. Cogs to Hawks is the worst kept secret in football circles and Kelly was gone the day he signed that two year extension.
Both want a flag but know if it doesn’t happen this year they need to win one elsewhere.
Dreaming at 10am, that's just lazy.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
It’s hard not to sleep like a baby when you don’t have the stresses of being a GWS fan.
On a serious note, surely you know deep inside your soul that you’re losing players next off season ?
What I know is we have players worth having. It's a good feeling.

I guess you have a point, supporting a successful team does have some stresses you just wouldn't get from knowing your position is hopeless in January.

Charlie Bucket

All Australian
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I guess you have a point, supporting a successful teamdoes have some stresses you just wouldn't get from knowing your position is hopeless in January.
Lol having the most first round picks your on list hardly makes you successful. Enjoy the success though, you deserve it.

You’re spot on with your first comment, I’ll admit that. Plenty of players worth having on your list. Unfortunately for supporters of your successful club, those players are the ones who will most likely be goneski before their careers are over.
On a positive note you do have some young talent still in Taranto and Co.
What’s Tarantos story anyway ? He’s a Vic kid yeah ?

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll

I guess you have a point, supporting a successful team does have some stresses you just wouldn't get from knowing your position is hopeless in January.
With this comment are you suggesting GWS are a successful team ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
Wow really ?? GWS have not even played in a grand final yet and dont have any thing in the trophy cabinet
but they are successful - You sound like a Collingwood supporter
Yet is a misleading term. We have to get a pass for not winning anything prior to our existence.

We've completed our seventh year and played in finals the last 3. We've won a final every year we've made the 8.

We do need flags but there's been 18 teams in the comp every year we've played in it Simple maths to calculate a 1 i 18 years probability.

We dont have a tradition of failure and many clubs have longer droughts than ours.

So yeah, absolutely successful.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
It's pretty amazing that out of all the clubs only GWS and maybe GCS are the ones with salary cap issues

If one didn't know better you would think there is a heap of invisible systematic cheating bubbling away under the scrupulously clean books of the established clubs

I understand success and location play a part but it's absolute garbage that clubs that are continually losing players are under pressure where the established clubs aren't but are bringing those players in by the truckload

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It isnt hard to understand that any new expansion club would need to pay overs to retain players.

Established clubs with established credentials are more attractive when players come out of contract. So the club needs to pay over to retain them.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow really ?? GWS have not even played in a grand final yet and dont have any thing in the trophy cabinet
but they are successful - You sound like a Collingwood supporter
GWS has been successful for an expansion club in regards to win loss and making finals.

They have done a lot right but still obviously have a way to go in many areas.

I would give them a B+.

Gold Coast I would give a D-

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
Yet is a misleading term. We have to get a pass for not winning anything prior to our existence.

We've completed our seventh year and played in finals the last 3. We've won a final every year we've made the 8.

We do need flags but there's been 18 teams in the comp every year we've played in it Simple maths to calculate a 1 i 18 years probability.

We dont have a tradition of failure and many clubs have longer droughts than ours.

So yeah, absolutely successful.
Both the Doggies & Tigers were on their knee's when GWS joined the league with unseen before help with draft picks & Players that were at your disposal
understandable that it would take 4-5 years before these kids were mature enough to stand up but the talent that is on your list GWS playing in a GF was the least that would have been expected and most football experts had you guys winning 3 flags in your first 10 years.

"Graeme ‘Gubby’ Allan, Greater Western Sydney football manager, has predicted the AFL’s newest franchise will win a premiership by 2015"

This will be the Giants 8th year and with the amount of 17 year old players that were granted prior to the draft that included the likes of
Tomlinson,Shiel,Treloar,Wilson,Cameron + another 7 players that dont need to be mentioned as well as the Zone selections and the players that were allowed to come at no cost like Davis,Scully,Ward plus more and all the 1st round draft pick that were given.

The Giants should have won atleast 1 and most think 2 premierships in the first 10 years

To me thats not a successful team considering they still have not played in a GF let alone win a flag.

In my opinion the GWS have probably another 5-7 years to take advantage of the start they were given before the playing field levels out and
if the cabinet is still empty then forget about being successful it would have to be classified as being a miserable failure

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
Both the Doggies & Tigers were on their knee's when GWS joined the league with unseen before help with draft picks & Players that were at your disposal
understandable that it would take 4-5 years before these kids were mature enough to stand up but the talent that is on your list GWS playing in a GF was the least that would have been expected and most football experts had you guys winning 3 flags in your first 10 years.

"Graeme ‘Gubby’ Allan, Greater Western Sydney football manager, has predicted the AFL’s newest franchise will win a premiership by 2015"

This will be the Giants 8th year and with the amount of 17 year old players that were granted prior to the draft that included the likes of
Tomlinson,Shiel,Treloar,Wilson,Cameron + another 7 players that dont need to be mentioned as well as the Zone selections and the players that were allowed to come at no cost like Davis,Scully,Ward plus more and all the 1st round draft pick that were given.

The Giants should have won atleast 1 and most think 2 premierships in the first 10 years

To me thats not a successful team considering they still have not played in a GF let alone win a flag.

In my opinion the GWS have probably another 5-7 years to take advantage of the start they were given before the playing field levels out and
if the cabinet is still empty then forget about being successful it would have to be classified as being a miserable failure
Codswallop.

On their knees? You're funny.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Wonder how the injury to Mitchell may effect Cogs mindset on going to the Hawks and also how it effects the Hawks.

With Mitchell out for a year they will need Cogs even more so.
I doubt it has any effect whatsoever, given that both of em won't be available to play for us till 2020.

Crisis creates opportunity, as we saw with the Eagles last year, with Nic-Nat & Gaff....Or as As John Kennedy Snr would say...."We'll go with what we've got."

Top Bottom