Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure. North strike me as a club that dont really give a **** about external opinions. Bit like Port in that regard.

When those opinions are from players deciding if they're to go to the club, they should give a *.

North also cares a lot about giving the impression they're on the up because that keeps fans and sponsors handing over the much needed $$$

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
When those opinions are from players deciding if they're to go to the club, they should give a ****.

North also cares a lot about giving the impression they're on the up because that keeps fans and sponsors handing over the much needed $$$
Fair points

I'm not sure it's their priority though. I think the players look past the frills but sponsorship would be an issue

Fair points

I'm not sure it's their priority though. I think the players look past the frills but sponsorship would be an issue

Players would look at a number of things of course, but that would include perception about if the club is looking at success and if the club is well run, and that's the sort of things that would come in here.

There is also the 'herd mentality' side of it..."If X, Y & Z said no, why would I say yes?".

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Procrastinator says it's on so its definitely not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This from a poster who insisted that Shiel was not leaving, was 100% happy at GWS & was unequivocally staying.....So mods, please shut this thread down now!

Yes....I'm sure we're all going to heed your words & treat them with the due respect they warrant.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
This from a poster who insisted that Shiel was not leaving, was 100% happy at GWS & was unequivocally staying.....So mods, please shut this thread down now!

Yes....I'm sure we're all going to heed your words & treat them with the due respect they warrant.

Half way through the year 100% I was thinking he would say as he had signed recently.

But then I also can take on new info (unlike some) and said he was most probably gone, once more info came on

You had him still at the hawks on the last day of trades.

Just keep creating threads for every star off contract and say they are going to the Hawks. Have to be right sooner or later eh?

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Half way through the year 100% I was thinking he would say as he had signed recently.

But then I also can take on new info (unlike some) and said he was most probably gone, once more info came on

You had him still at the hawks on the last day of trades.

Just keep creating threads for every star off contract and say they are going to the Hawks. Have to be right sooner or later eh?

A quick scan of the first 10 pages of that particular thread would quickly enlighten everyone as to the truth of the matter & the insincerity of your words.

Hawks pulled out once GWS insisted on 2 first round draft picks....It's that simple.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
A quick scan of the first 10 pages of that particular thread would quickly enlighten everyone as to the truth of the matter & the insincerity of your words.

Hawks pulled out once GWS insisted on 2 first round draft picks....It's that simple.
As I said.

In the beginning it didnt make sense with what we knew about the contract situation.

Once further details came to light I realised I was wrong and admitted to it.

Unlike children, adults can actually do that and admit when they were wrong.

Try it some time.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
As I said.

In the beginning it didnt make sense with what we knew about the contract situation.

Once further details came to light I realised I was wrong and admitted to it.

Unlike children, adults can actually do that and admit when they were wrong.

Try it some time.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Hard to see him at a team without 'West' in their name. Good luck Bulldogs, but he'll be a Giant or an Eagle. We've been keen on him since he was playing in the WAFL at 16.

GWS let Shiel go for a pretty good offer and gave Scully away for next to nothing. With Lobb going out and Smith, Wilson, Kennedy last year they've eased some salary cap pressure. They didn't do that for the hell of it. They've clearly prioritised Kelly and Coniglio as key players to retain. I'd be very surprised if GWS let Scully, Shiel, Lobb go under contract if they were expecting to lose Kelly and Coniglio.

We'll be pushing to sign Coniglio as a free agent but I would not be surprised at all to be sitting here this time next year with both he and Kelly as GWS players.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

You yourself made some outlandish claims not so long ago ...........

Lynch was driving an Audi in dingley wasnt he

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You yourself made some outlandish claims not so long ago ...........

Lynch was driving an Audi in dingley wasnt he

I never saw Lynch driving an Audi in Dingley, nor claimed that he did.

I intimated however, that it would look very becoming where he to do so.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I never saw Lynch driving an Audi in Dingley, nor claimed that he did.

I intimated however, that it would look very becoming where he to do so.

Would it be very 'Becoming' For Coniglio to drive a datsun ??

Perhaps we might be able to get him into a Jeep SRT - He'd look really cool driving that and would even have room for O'meara and friends ;)

Too bad Audi dumped the Hawks the R8 would have been a deal changer

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Debatable and depends a lot on the club they're going to. Lynch to Richmond (and many other examples) didn't require huge overs, but that's beside the point...You're saying how good it is to have that cap space, while clearly it's achieved very little....i.e. It's not all that good.
I mean... You're a Tigers supporter. You're clearly going to be biased in favour of saying it was a warm, fuzzy feeling Lynch got instead of you guys being top of the ladder at the time he made his decision.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Would it be very 'Becoming' For Coniglio to drive a datsun ??

Perhaps we might be able to get him into a Jeep SRT - He'd look really cool driving that and would even have room for O'meara and friends ;)

Too bad Audi dumped the Hawks the R8 would have been a deal changer

I'm not sure who it is that Datsun are sponsoring.....But it aint Hawthorn.

Your allusions would have far more piquancy if only you could get your basic facts right.

I mean... You're a Tigers supporter. You're clearly going to be biased in favour of saying it was a warm, fuzzy feeling Lynch got instead of you guys being top of the ladder at the time he made his decision.

Not at all. Being top of the ladder (or more particularly, have a solid shot at flags in coming years) would be a massive factor.

There is much more than that, but it'd certainly be a big one.

archiemoses

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hard to see him at a team without 'West' in their name. Good luck Bulldogs, but he'll be a Giant or an Eagle. We've been keen on him since he was playing in the WAFL at 16.

GWS let Shiel go for a pretty good offer and gave Scully away for next to nothing. With Lobb going out and Smith, Wilson, Kennedy last year they've eased some salary cap pressure. They didn't do that for the hell of it. They've clearly prioritised Kelly and Coniglio as key players to retain. I'd be very surprised if GWS let Scully, Shiel, Lobb go under contract if they were expecting to lose Kelly and Coniglio.

We'll be pushing to sign Coniglio as a free agent but I would not be surprised at all to be sitting here this time next year with both he and Kelly as GWS players.
Yep this, GWS have a plan and its to retain both Kelly and Coniglio. They were close to a flag and weakened their list. Losing Kelly and Conigs will set them back significantly. Can't see it happening.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If GWS line up Rd 1 2020 with Cogs and Kelly in their side it’ll be a miracle. Cogs to Hawks is the worst kept secret in football circles and Kelly was gone the day he signed that two year extension.
Both want a flag but know if it doesn’t happen this year they need to win one elsewhere.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
If GWS line up Rd 1 2020 with Cogs and Kelly in their side it’ll be a miracle. Cogs to Hawks is the worst kept secret in football circles and Kelly was gone the day he signed that two year extension.
Both want a flag but know if it doesn’t happen this year they need to win one elsewhere.
Dreaming at 10am, that's just lazy.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
It’s hard not to sleep like a baby when you don’t have the stresses of being a GWS fan.
On a serious note, surely you know deep inside your soul that you’re losing players next off season ?
What I know is we have players worth having. It's a good feeling.

I guess you have a point, supporting a successful team does have some stresses you just wouldn't get from knowing your position is hopeless in January.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What I know is we have players worth having. It's a good feeling.

I guess you have a point, supporting a successful teamdoes have some stresses you just wouldn't get from knowing your position is hopeless in January.

Lol having the most first round picks your on list hardly makes you successful. Enjoy the success though, you deserve it.

You’re spot on with your first comment, I’ll admit that. Plenty of players worth having on your list. Unfortunately for supporters of your successful club, those players are the ones who will most likely be goneski before their careers are over.
On a positive note you do have some young talent still in Taranto and Co.
What’s Tarantos story anyway ? He’s a Vic kid yeah ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back