Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow really ?? GWS have not even played in a grand final yet and dont have any thing in the trophy cabinet
but they are successful - You sound like a Collingwood supporter
Yet is a misleading term. We have to get a pass for not winning anything prior to our existence.

We've completed our seventh year and played in finals the last 3. We've won a final every year we've made the 8.

We do need flags but there's been 18 teams in the comp every year we've played in it Simple maths to calculate a 1 i 18 years probability.

We dont have a tradition of failure and many clubs have longer droughts than ours.

So yeah, absolutely successful.

It's pretty amazing that out of all the clubs only GWS and maybe GCS are the ones with salary cap issues

If one didn't know better you would think there is a heap of invisible systematic cheating bubbling away under the scrupulously clean books of the established clubs

I understand success and location play a part but it's absolute garbage that clubs that are continually losing players are under pressure where the established clubs aren't but are bringing those players in by the truckload

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It isnt hard to understand that any new expansion club would need to pay overs to retain players.

Established clubs with established credentials are more attractive when players come out of contract. So the club needs to pay over to retain them.

Wow really ?? GWS have not even played in a grand final yet and dont have any thing in the trophy cabinet
but they are successful - You sound like a Collingwood supporter

GWS has been successful for an expansion club in regards to win loss and making finals.

They have done a lot right but still obviously have a way to go in many areas.

I would give them a B+.

Gold Coast I would give a D-

Yet is a misleading term. We have to get a pass for not winning anything prior to our existence.

We've completed our seventh year and played in finals the last 3. We've won a final every year we've made the 8.

We do need flags but there's been 18 teams in the comp every year we've played in it Simple maths to calculate a 1 i 18 years probability.

We dont have a tradition of failure and many clubs have longer droughts than ours.

So yeah, absolutely successful.
Both the Doggies & Tigers were on their knee's when GWS joined the league with unseen before help with draft picks & Players that were at your disposal
understandable that it would take 4-5 years before these kids were mature enough to stand up but the talent that is on your list GWS playing in a GF was the least that would have been expected and most football experts had you guys winning 3 flags in your first 10 years.

"Graeme ‘Gubby’ Allan, Greater Western Sydney football manager, has predicted the AFL’s newest franchise will win a premiership by 2015"

This will be the Giants 8th year and with the amount of 17 year old players that were granted prior to the draft that included the likes of
Tomlinson,Shiel,Treloar,Wilson,Cameron + another 7 players that dont need to be mentioned as well as the Zone selections and the players that were allowed to come at no cost like Davis,Scully,Ward plus more and all the 1st round draft pick that were given.

The Giants should have won atleast 1 and most think 2 premierships in the first 10 years

To me thats not a successful team considering they still have not played in a GF let alone win a flag.

In my opinion the GWS have probably another 5-7 years to take advantage of the start they were given before the playing field levels out and
if the cabinet is still empty then forget about being successful it would have to be classified as being a miserable failure

Both the Doggies & Tigers were on their knee's when GWS joined the league with unseen before help with draft picks & Players that were at your disposal
understandable that it would take 4-5 years before these kids were mature enough to stand up but the talent that is on your list GWS playing in a GF was the least that would have been expected and most football experts had you guys winning 3 flags in your first 10 years.

"Graeme ‘Gubby’ Allan, Greater Western Sydney football manager, has predicted the AFL’s newest franchise will win a premiership by 2015"

This will be the Giants 8th year and with the amount of 17 year old players that were granted prior to the draft that included the likes of
Tomlinson,Shiel,Treloar,Wilson,Cameron + another 7 players that dont need to be mentioned as well as the Zone selections and the players that were allowed to come at no cost like Davis,Scully,Ward plus more and all the 1st round draft pick that were given.

The Giants should have won atleast 1 and most think 2 premierships in the first 10 years

To me thats not a successful team considering they still have not played in a GF let alone win a flag.

In my opinion the GWS have probably another 5-7 years to take advantage of the start they were given before the playing field levels out and
if the cabinet is still empty then forget about being successful it would have to be classified as being a miserable failure
Codswallop.

On their knees? You're funny.

Wonder how the injury to Mitchell may effect Cogs mindset on going to the Hawks and also how it effects the Hawks.

With Mitchell out for a year they will need Cogs even more so.

I doubt it has any effect whatsoever, given that both of em won't be available to play for us till 2020.

Crisis creates opportunity, as we saw with the Eagles last year, with Nic-Nat & Gaff....Or as As John Kennedy Snr would say...."We'll go with what we've got."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have been a great success in being a first-rate feeder-club for the rest of the competition.
I guess some peoples version of success is very different to everybody els

Reminds me of school days when the fat kid didnt win but still got a ribbon that had 2nd/3rd/4th and he was so proud

But to me success is when you win the thing, Would we classify St Kilda as being successful during their years of making finals

I dont

Sure.

And: Adams, Smith, Treloar, Shiel, Scully, Boyd, Hoskin-Elliott, Wilson, McCarthy, Bruce, Steele, Kennedy, Marchbank, Plowman….To name but a few.
No no

List them all in our " mass exodus" again. I need a good laugh and I forgot to print it and put it on the fridge last time.

I guess some peoples version of success is very different to everybody els

Reminds me of school days when the fat kid didnt win but still got a ribbon that had 2nd/3rd/4th and he was so proud

But to me success is when you win the thing, Would we classify St Kilda as being successful during their years of making finals

I dont

Winning a flag is not the only messure of success.

It is the ultimate aim sure but there is more levels of success than just that.

How many years between flags wqs it for Richmond? 37?

It isnt hard to understand that any new expansion club would need to pay overs to retain players.

Established clubs with established credentials are more attractive when players come out of contract. So the club needs to pay over to retain them.

Thanks for clearing that up for me , I would never have picked that up myself without your help

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to see him at a team without 'West' in their name. Good luck Bulldogs, but he'll be a Giant or an Eagle. We've been keen on him since he was playing in the WAFL at 16.

GWS let Shiel go for a pretty good offer and gave Scully away for next to nothing. With Lobb going out and Smith, Wilson, Kennedy last year they've eased some salary cap pressure. They didn't do that for the hell of it. They've clearly prioritised Kelly and Coniglio as key players to retain. I'd be very surprised if GWS let Scully, Shiel, Lobb go under contract if they were expecting to lose Kelly and Coniglio.

We'll be pushing to sign Coniglio as a free agent but I would not be surprised at all to be sitting here this time next year with both he and Kelly as GWS players.
Everyone seems to hype up the Kelly prospect, but hadn't heard any links to Cogs. Is it really that strong?

GWS surely don't give up 3 best 22 players for less overall than they could have got if they are willing to give up Coniglio and Kelly without a fight...

Cogs being a RFA will make it interesting. GWS will come prepared to offer a lot, some Vic club will be paying through the nose to get him if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back