Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wow Kelly has gone from arguably the best player in the comp to arguably the best mid at GWS

Ok then

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha don't get it either. Kelly is an absolute superstar and one of the best in the comp, think he's only going to get better as well. When Kelly is on he is fantastic to watch. Would love him to come to north but if not will still be a massive fan of him. Going to be an interesting year if he doesn't re sign, refuse to get my hopes up again though :p

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Are you saying that JayZ’s big call means nothing?
I'll say it.

There was nothing in the report that any reasonable person would not already expect.

Gun player/s playing for interstate club out of contract at end of season. Of course every club will ask the player/s managers if said player is out of contract. FFS the Lions have asked Coniglio's manager the question.

JayC's big call means nothing because he never mentioned which Victorian clubs. So if one of the players does move, he can crow, "I told you so months ago", when all he's actually done is make an educated guess without any actual proof or tying himself to player X moving to club Y.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I'll say it.

There was nothing in the report that any reasonable person would not already expect.

Gun player/s playing for interstate club out of contract at end of season. Of course every club will ask the player/s managers if said player is out of contract. FFS the Lions have asked Coniglio's manager the question.

JayC's big call means nothing because he never mentioned which Victorian clubs. So if one of the players does move, he can crow, "I told you so months ago", when all he's actually done is make an educated guess without any actual proof or tying himself to player X moving to club Y.

F**k me drunk, I didn't know that the Brisbane Lions still had fans. There you go eh :moustache:

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Are you saying that your big call about JayZ's big call was not genuine.

tenor.gif

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
The whole joke here is that GWS don't need him anyway. They bat that deep with elite talent, then top up with more as the guns leave. Hence the dishing off Scully as a cap dump. Their list depth is phenomenal. It's scary.

Not really.

B: Nick Haynes - Phil Davis - Heath Shaw
HB: Lachie Whitfield - Aidan Corr - Zach Williams
C: Stephen Coniglio - Callan Ward - Tom Sheridan
HF: Tim Taranto - Jeremy Cameron - Toby Greene
F: Zac Langdon - Jonathon Patton - Harrison Himmelberg
R: Dawson Simpson - Jacob Hopper - Josh Kelly
I: Brett Deledio - Matt De Boer - Adam Tomlinson - Adam Kennedy
E: Sam Reid - Jeremy Finlayson - Matthew Buntine - Harry Perryman

Shane Mumford
Daniel Lloyd
Dylan Buckley
Isaac Cumming
Aiden Bonnar
Brent Daniels
Nicholas Shipley
Sam Taylor

Then 11 other players (none of whom were top 10 draft picks) with 0 AFL games between them.

Their "elite depth" is an out-dated myth, if it ever existed, beyond "they had a bunch of former high draft picks who were injured or not getting senior games, so they had elite players in reserve".

TBH, their depth looks rather mediocre and largely unproven at the minute. If injuries hit at the rate they have for the Giants in the past few years, then they could be in a spot of bother.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Apparently it's 3 options ATM, go home to WA and play for Freo, Stay at GWS or head to Victoria and play for Hawthorn.
Not really.

Shane Mumford
Daniel Lloyd
Dylan Buckley
Isaac Cumming
Aiden Bonnar
Brent Daniels
Nicholas Shipley
Sam Taylor

Then 11 other players (none of whom were top 10 draft picks) with 0 AFL games between them.

Their "elite depth" is an out-dated myth, if it ever existed, beyond "they had a bunch of former high draft picks who were injured or not getting senior games, so they had elite players in reserve".

TBH, their depth looks rather mediocre and largely unproven at the minute. If injuries hit at the rate they have for the Giants in the past few years, then they could be in a spot of bother.
Our list was never what nuffies made it out to be. That's not the clubs doing. We've never had more than 2 players make the AA squad. Our depth was pretty impressive in 2016 but we still had a confessional list size and cap that year.

You're wrong in thinking it's going backwards though. The players we've traded have yielded young talent back. We nailed the 2017 draft with a pretty poor hand that included Langdon, Daniels, Bonar and Taylor. They could easily all be best 22 this year.

Like all clubs injuries test our depth, we'll have to wait and see this year.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Our list was never what nuffies made it out to be. That's not the clubs doing. We've never had more than 2 players make the AA squad. Our depth was pretty impressive in 2016 but we still had a confessional list size and cap that year.

You're wrong in thinking it's going backwards though. The players we've traded have yielded young talent back. We nailed the 2017 draft with a pretty poor hand that included Langdon, Daniels, Bonar and Taylor. They could easily all be best 22 this year.

Like all clubs injuries test our depth, we'll have to wait and see this year.

I'm not saying it's "going backwards", but there's certainly nothing "scary" about the depth, or the squad overall.

I really think it's turning out to be the sweet spot of exactly what the AFL intended - a good, contending team 5-10 years from start-up, but not the dominating juggernaut that some idiots anticipated/feared.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I'm not saying it's "going backwards", but there's certainly nothing "scary" about the depth, or the squad overall.

I really think it's turning out to be the sweet spot of exactly what the AFL intended - a good, contending team 5-10 years from start-up, but not the dominating juggernaut that some idiots anticipated/feared.
You did query our capacity to cope with injuries this year, which is really no different to the previous two years. In 2016 we actually didn't have a lot of injuries, when we did have extra depth.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the thrust of your post though.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not really.

Shane Mumford
Daniel Lloyd
Dylan Buckley
Isaac Cumming
Aiden Bonnar
Brent Daniels
Nicholas Shipley
Sam Taylor

It’s still an elite list. Top 4 on paper.

It’s more the midfield depth I was referring to. You’ve got blokes like Taranato on a half forward line. He’d be starting mid in most sides.

If they lost Cogs, it’s another first round pick that would also come in.

Don’t forget draftees like Caldwell from last year that already look ready to go.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I’m assuming it was done with his permission - if he was looking to walk out at the end of the year, why would he put his name to a 4 year $400,000 program in Western Sydney?

Hmmmmm....

More than 3000 multicultural students across 20 schools in Western Sydney will get closer to the GIANTS than ever before thanks to a new community program named after two of the club’s stars.
The Stephen Coniglio-Amanda Farrugia Community Program is made possible thanks to a $400,000 commitment over four years from the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Considering half the garbage from people trying to link him to whichever club they follow.

This is much more relevant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This program has about as much relevance as JOM and Cogs being thunder buddies for life. Cogs being Italian and raised with old school Italian values is something that he feels very strongly about wether it’s in NSW, VIC or WA. BTW I’m pretty sure the latgest population of Italian expats reside in VIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back