Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
We didn't just lose 2 players.

Probably have a couple retire this year as well.

You guys did alright hanging onto players through your GF years.
I'm sure If the culture is there any club can do it.

Is Tomlinson a chance to leave, That will free up some more coin. Patton?

GWS will manage to keep who they want I think, Money won't be the issue IMO.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
So says every Hawks supporter.

Hawks need decent talls. No point getting the ball with no one to kick it to.

Serious question. What was the last 1st rounder the Hawks used in the draft
Yeah we sure do need to address that area but i think most Hawk fans are confident that Mitch Lewis can be a key forward for the next decade but he can't do it alone. I have no idea if the Patton rumors are true or not but we are supposedly interested in him as well. The counter argument is no point having a key forward who can take a mark if we have no one getting him the ball and i think midfields have a bigger influence of a successful team than a key forward does.

Our last first rounders were Lovell and Burton in the 2015 draft.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah we sure do need to address that area but i think most Hawk fans are confident that Mitch Lewis can be a key forward for the next decade but he can't do it alone. I have no idea if the Patton rumors are true or not but we are supposedly interested in him as well. The counter argument is no point having a key forward who can take a mark if we have no one getting him the ball and i think midfields have a bigger influence of a successful team than a key forward does.

Our last first rounders were Lovell and Burton in the 2015 draft.

So doesnt that restrict the Hawks trading out of the 1st round in 2019.

That would be no first round picks used in four years straight!

So doesnt that restrict the Hawks trading out of the 1st round in 2019.

That would be no first round picks used in four years straight!

Hawthorn can trade it’s 2020 first round pick to another club for a 2019 first round pick. Though that’s unlikely to happen.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawthorn can trade it’s 2020 first round pick to another club for a 2019 first round pick. Though that’s unlikely to happen.

Pretty hard to trade an unknown pick for a known 2019 pick.

Have to be a discount due to risk. 2020 Hawks 1st may likely be say anywhere from pick 6 to pick 14.

Look how the pick swap between Carlton and the Crows is panning out.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Pretty hard to trade an unknown pick for a known 2019 pick.

Have to be a discount due to risk. 2020 Hawks 1st may likely be say anywhere from pick 6 to pick 14.

Look how the pick swap between Carlton and the Crows is panning out.
As far as i know we can trade out this years but would be forced to hold them going in to 2020, but it is really hard to follow because the AFL really is a joke and have butchered the whole thing. We also have a father son this year who may go in the late first round so we could possibly trade this years first and match a bid with a later pick and that would fill a first round pick selection.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
As far as i know we can trade out this years but would be forced to hold them going in to 2020, but it is really hard to follow because the AFL really is a joke and have butchered the whole thing. We also have a father son this year who may go in the late first round so we could possibly trade this years first and match a bid with a later pick and that would fill a first round pick selection.
Id bet that the other clubs would be reluctant to bid on him that early. FS always slide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back