Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to being the CEO's brother, he was also up until recently a business partner of a one Stephen Coniglio:

Cool. Hey guys tell me if this sounds like a familiar fanbase

“Carlton fans get so excited over one rumour. It’s ages away no one knows anything.”

Same person

“The brother’s CEO said it’s not Carlton so it must be right.”

Cool. Hey guys tell me if this sounds like a familiar fanbase

“Carlton fans get so excited over one rumour. It’s ages away no one knows anything.”

Same person

“The brother’s CEO said it’s not Carlton so it must be right.”
"A person who is quite close with Cognilio said it's not Carlton". How about that?

I get the feeling Cogs himself could come out and say "I'm not going to Carlton" and Carlton fans would still sit here and say "I trust our ITKs, they're never wrong, Barass70 is always right". Whatever helps you sleep guys.

"A person who is quite close with Cognilio said it's not Carlton". How about that?
A person who is a Carlton insider in barrass70 has said no such thing. He was the one who said Teague will be announced Thursday early in the week. Also said on the Tuesday Daisy won’t be offered a contract. Last year never thought we had Shiel. I’m backing a guy who actually knows stuff than the “brother of the ceo of footy”

I get the feeling Cogs himself could come out and say "I'm not going to Carlton" and Carlton fans would still sit here and say "I trust our ITKs, they're never wrong, Barass70 is always right". Whatever helps you sleep guys.
Actually just said that. That made me laugh cause unlike other comments that one is true lol

If that Carlton offer is true they might have dodged a bullet with Cogs knocking it back.

You can't pay a guy that much when he's not even your best player and not have your list fall apart if you ever become a contender.

I mean I’m probably taking it too much to heart. We will see what happens. I’m doing the very thing I was bagging people for in arguing over one player. Gonna stop now

If we are being honest it probably has mate. Let’s just accept it
Who cares?! Let’s forget Cognili. Ok he’s a good player but he is not the difference between failure and get a premiership. Coz if it did GWS would be premiers by now or this year. And we all know how that has worked out.
And when Hawthorn got O’Meara lots of people thought that he, and Mitchell, would put them back at the top of the ladder.
Well where is Hawthorn today?
These so called star players are overrated. Just like Clarkson. Sure the clubs he has coached have had success and he has made a big contribution to that but, take him out of those equations, and Hawthorn would probably have won them all.
Be careful about being carried away by The Messiah Complex.
With apologies to Monty Python: He’s not the Messiah. If you’re lucky he’s just a very naughty boy”.
The only successful naughty boy is Alistair Clarkson!
Forget O’Meara, Lynch and Cognilio!

If anyone thinks any club would leak what they are willing to pay a player or divulge details of contract to media then surely you have rocks in your head.

I don’t think the player they are chasing player would appreciate that one bit. Would do
More harm than good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares?! Let’s forget Cognili. Ok he’s a good player but he is not the difference between failure and get a premiership. Coz if it did GWS would be premiers by now or this year. And we all know how that has worked out.
And when Hawthorn got O’Meara lots of people thought that he, and Mitchell, would put them back at the top of the ladder.
Well where is Hawthorn today?
These so called star players are overrated. Just like Clarkson. Sure the clubs he has coached have had success and he has made a big contribution to that but, take him out of those equations, and Hawthorn would probably have won them all.
Be careful about being carried away by The Messiah Complex.
With apologies to Monty Python: He’s not the Messiah. If you’re lucky he’s just a very naughty boy”.
The only successful naughty boy is Alistair Clarkson!
Forget O’Meara, Lynch and Cognilio!

I came to this thread for the drivel, and it has delivered. Bravo.

Mate. You can have Cognilio. He is not going to make anywhere the difference to our respective teams that our teams supporters think he is going to have.
The rest of my post was designed to plead for reason over emotion.

Mate. You can have Cognilio. He is not going to make anywhere the difference to our respective teams that our teams supporters think he is going to have.
The rest of my post was designed to plead for reason over emotion.
Clarkson being overrated is “reason over emotion”?
Ha ha. Heard it all now.

You are a Hawthorn supporter. So let’s test my view this way. Sydney thought that by luring Buddy Franklin from Hawthorn they would win a premiership. That necessarily meant that they thought that they would weaken Hawthorn so as to significantly diminish its chances of winning a premiership.
Well how did that work out?
The so called diminished Hawthorn won 1 or 2 premierships without Buddy. And Sydney won no premierships with Buddy.
So let’s forget about The Messiah Complex!

You are a Hawthorn supporter. So let’s test my view this way. Sydney thought that by luring Buddy Franklin from Hawthorn they would win a premiership. That necessarily meant that they thought that they would weaken Hawthorn so as to significantly diminish its chances of winning a premiership.
Well how did that work out?
The so called diminished Hawthorn won 1 or 2 premierships without Buddy. And Sydney won no premierships with Buddy.
So let’s forget about The Messiah Complex!

I was referring to the Clarkson, Jaeger and Mitchell comments.

Though I agree regarding the messiah signings, recent history says they don't work - Judd, GAJ and Franklin attest to that.

You really think that? Interesting.

saw the hamish comment and had a quick glance at the carlton board.
reactions are so over the top cray cray.
yo-yo emotions every time a new comment is made in the media. ffs, nobody knows anything for sure.

As a former blueboy im asking u to save urselves from all this drama. stop begging itks every hr for updates, stop listening to every word some random just posted.

Chillax peeps. u'll know when ull know.
Mix signals will do that. On Monday, something obviously happened at the club. Positive indication from the ITK posters, particularly the holy grail of all posters. Following this, reports of there being a "strong belief" that the blues have landed Coniglio by the media, clearly by no coincidence.

Then suddenly we hearing Coniglio told them no? I'm not sure Carlton would've got the reaction they did if the reception was negative.

If you offer a guy $2m for a season and he says no it would be quite devastating. Hypothetically speaking.

Not really. I hardly think the 2 mil a season figure is accurate either, obviously the contract would be heavily front loaded.

We have been through a lot worse blows at Carlton in the past 18 years than if we potentially miss out on Cogs.

Not really. I hardly think the 2 mil a season figure is accurate either, obviously the contract would be heavily front loaded.

We have been through a lot worse blows at Carlton in the past 18 years than if we potentially miss out on Cogs.
But last year it was the private jet.
This year it's the rumour of a $2m sweetcake offer.

If you're doing all that and not landing the big fish there's something fundamentally wrong with the approach. Or the club.

Lots of talk in the media this week and interesting to see how it plays out and I still have my deadline for him to sign to be the bye before finals but i am now not confident he will re-sign and it will set the club back but it will enable the club to have the SC to recruit a decent ruck and retain some depth players as opposed to the last few years and also hopefully it means the club is able to re-sign Cameron, Whitfield and Williams next year
i think he is still undecided and good luck to him wherever he ends up

But last year it was the private jet.
This year it's the rumour of a $2m sweetcake offer.

If you're doing all that and not landing the big fish there's something fundamentally wrong with the approach. Or the club.
North do it, Saints do it, Blues do it. Eventually it will pay off for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back