Moved Thread Stephen Dank go away (Footy Show announces Dank is going to court to get his ban overturned)

Remove this Banner Ad

Read my post again. I said GF week first. That includes both sides. Then mentioned Richmond (who Barrett hates) and therefore it ruins their week. It sounds funny if I posted he targeted Richmond to ruin Adelaide's week or even Adelaide's and Richmond's week...

You did say it, probably not much of a jinx, but maybe it is

jodo27

All Australian
Jul 29, 2003
Mentone
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Can't hurt Essendon but may hurt the afl and ASADA / WADA. I would rally like that integrity snake Clothier in court but how would you ge the truth?

astro1212

Cancelled
May 7, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Who in their right mind would hire him? You might as well build a spare room in your changerooms for ASADA to move into.

Well since medical rooms tend to be moved offsite under his association, there will always be that unused room that the hiring team could sublease to ASADA.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Can't hurt Essendon but may hurt the afl and ASADA / WADA. I would rally like that integrity snake Clothier in court but how would you ge the truth?
It can't hurt Essendon as the players have already served their ban but it may hurt their reputations if what they were actually given came out. It may also ruin Essendon's name just that little bit more.
This is the main reason the players haven't taken Dank to court for assault. They just want it to all go away.

Having said that, he still won't say the truth so they're probably safe.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems like he's been booked in for court / tribunal appearances a dozen times.

He never actually shows up, it's just some kind of weird tactic he seems to use for... who knows why
Probably his lawyer just waiting until he gets the right judge he thinks will give him the outcome he wants, every lawyer uses this tactic.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have no issue with it.

This won't be over until the truth comes out. I've always said that.

Until the lying scumbags down at Essendon fess up and come clean, this will never go away.

No matter how hard the AFL try to make it disappear.

Good luck to him.

This train of thought would be valid if it wasn't for him constantly refusing to give any information.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
It can't hurt Essendon as the players have already served their ban but it may hurt their reputations if what they were actually given came out. It may also ruin Essendon's name just that little bit more.
This is the main reason the players haven't taken Dank to court for assault. They just want it to all go away.

Having said that, he still won't say the truth so they're probably safe.

This was already mentioned, and it makes no sense.
He's trying to clear his name so he can work again.
Would he then take the stand and confess to giving Essendon players banned substances?

Then again, anything's possible. Danks a lunatic.

This train of thought would be valid if it wasn't for him constantly refusing to give any information.
"I've got the evidence."

"Can you show us?"

"I will soon."

"When?"

"Just you wait."

"But when will you show the evidence?"

"When the time is right."

DERIBERATE

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds, Bohemians
Seems like he's been booked in for court / tribunal appearances a dozen times.

He never actually shows up, it's just some kind of weird tactic he seems to use for... who knows why
Difference between showing up to someone else's suit and your own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 thoughts come to mind.

1) He actually has an offer from an NRL club...why would you bother if it was unlikely anyone would hire you?
or
2) This is just a ploy to get (more) hush money out of the AFL.

2 seems more likely (and less likely to ever come out in the open)

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
I have no issue with it.

This won't be over until the truth comes out. I've always said that.

Until the lying scumbags down at Essendon fess up and come clean, this will never go away.

No matter how hard the AFL try to make it disappear.

Good luck to him.

Essendon has fessed up, it has been Dank that has refused to back up his claims that nothing wrong was done.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
I think it's so cute how Essendon posters keep posting that the club and the players don't know what the bad man Dank gave them.
The players didn't at the time. They probably do now but I'm not sure about that. My info is that he was doing what he liked especially between October 2011 till January 2012.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have all had this bloke.. he never stops.. we dont want our season ruined again.

EDIT: Dank announces he is trying to get his ban overturned.
Or:

on footy show Barrett reported hes going to court in nsw to get his ban overturned

wants to work in the nrl

The NSW Supreme Court compelled him to turn over all of his documents related to his time working with Cronulla. He advised the court he had nothing.

I cannot imagine he can somehow prove himself innocent given he has already had the opportunity through the Supreme Court.

And this isnt even getting in to the fact that he had a number of avenues of appeal at the time he was found guilty, and chose not to bother with them.

BTW: which NRL club would go anywhere near him? You would just be opening yourself up to round the clock ASADA testing, and a player missing even one test would be seen as evidence of doping.

Sounds like a load of crap, which makes sense given the source is Barrett.

The NSW Supreme Court compelled him to turn over all of his documents related to his time working with Cronulla. He advised the court he had nothing.

I cannot imagine he can somehow prove himself innocent given he has already had the opportunity through the Supreme Court.

And this isnt even getting in to the fact that he had a number of avenues of appeal at the time he was found guilty, and chose not to bother with them.

BTW: which NRL club would go anywhere near him? You would just be opening yourself up to round the clock ASADA testing, and a player missing even one test would be seen as evidence of doping.

Sounds like a load of crap, which makes sense given the source is Barrett.

To be fair, nrl clubs aren't exactly known for being smart

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
We have all had this bloke.. he never stops.. we dont want our season ruined again.

EDIT: Dank announces he is trying to get his ban overturned.
Or:

on footy show Barrett reported hes going to court in nsw to get his ban overturned

wants to work in the nrl
So what? It's his whole career and livelihood in jeopardy. What would you do in his situation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back