Stephen Dank has 11 days to hand over papers about supplement program to former Sharks players

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
Front cover of yesterdays telegraph. A interesting turn of events but not unexpected

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-legal-action/story-fni0cx12-1226810393408

SPORTS scientist Stephen Dank has 11 days to hand over any documents detailing the secrets of his supplement program to two former Cronulla Sharks players who are considering launching legal action against him.
The Sunday Telegraph can reveal ex-Sharks Isaac Gordon and Josh Cordoba are in the preliminary stages of deciding whether to add Dank as a defendant in a lawsuit potentially worth millions of dollars concerning the alleged ill-effects of his supplement program implemented at the club during the 2011 season.
The two players are already taking the Sharks to court for negligence and may now take aim at Dank.

The development is significant because Dank has resisted all interview requests by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and has threatened court action to ensure he never has to.
The information could be revealed if Dank is called as a witness and legally compelled to answer questions. But it remains to be seen if he will appeal against the court order

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-legal-action/story-fni0cx12-1226810393408

good to see that some facts might start coming out. bodes a bit better for the future and the players can actually find out what they were injected with. Could be a death blow for Cronulla if legal action is sucessful and they dont have their medical indemnity insurance in order.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
well it could be the time were about to learn if mr dank has ACC indemnity on his evidence.
if not gates flood open

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
well it could be the time were about to learn if mr dank has ACC indemnity on his evidence.
if not gates flood open

Don't see what the ACC has got to do with it at all. The information in question is not ACC investigative discovery and it's not coming from the ACC.

Surely we don't believe that everything the ACC knows suddenly becomes a national secret, and nobody else is permitted to discover it for themselves?

Don't think so.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Don't see what the ACC has got to do with it at all. The information in question is not ACC investigative discovery and it's not coming from the ACC.

Surely we don't believe that everything the ACC knows suddenly becomes a national secret, and nobody else is permitted to discover it for themselves?

Don't think so.

will his ",ive given my evidence to the ACC and you have to ask them"
the ACC has no authority over common law
but it has the right to protect a closed witness statement{114th time}
interesting to see if civil court will get whats required
ps.i didnt make the rules and didnt profess what would happen

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders

They are not (for the 114 time) asking for his ACC witness statement. And you are again NOT answering the question. The question was do the ACC all of a sudden have private use only to every bit of evidence in the world they collect and once they have it nobody can find it for THEMSELVES?

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
They are not (for the 114 time) asking for his ACC witness statement. And you are again NOT answering the question. The question was do the ACC all of a sudden have private use only to every bit of evidence in the world they collect and once they have it nobody can find it for THEMSELVES?

no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
So therefor based on that answer, the ACC cannot do anything to stop the NRL guys (and if the Court allows/orders) having Dank supply the documents as requested. And by extension so could ASADA find a way to achieve this.

yes
if and only if his documents are not secreted in the ACC

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
This civil case is bad news for ASADA, now the truth will come out.
Then ASADA will be forced to do something.

Obviously Dank has something on them, they are petrified of him, so it will be interesting.

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Makes no mind to me if you say it 1014 times. And if you're going to talk down, next time try being right.

Nobody's asking for his freakin ACC witness statement, closed open or slightly ajar. Nobody's asking for fruit of the ACC investigation.

The ACC is not relevant to this summons.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
You just said they can log Cyberspace; they can't have logged all his documents.

no i did not
if DANK has had evidence{115 time}heard at ACC,
when he goes to another court or appears at another authority and they ask for him to answer a question or produce a document
he[dank] can answer "this document has been logged{already heard] by the ACC
ask them{for the 117 time}
that court or authority will have to ask the ACC [for the 49th time]permission for that evidence if required
the ACC[for the 128th time]dont have to hand over that information to any authority in the COMMONWEALTH
please tell me you understand this

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
no
but dank has the right to say i cant answer that question,that document has been logged with the ACC

I fail too see how medical records will be unable to be released,these are the players own records of treatment that they are entitled too, if the ACC has the power to refuse to hand over medical records that belong to the individuals the ACC have way to much pull

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I fail too see how medical records will be unable to be released,these are the players own records of treatment that they are entitled too, if the ACC has the power to refuse to hand over medical records that belong to the individuals the ACC have way to much pull

yep
as i said at the start,,the smirk on his face makes me think that he has given secreted evidence and knows he is now close {but not untouchable}to making it out with no penalty

no i did not
when he goes to another court or appears at another authority and they ask for him to answer a question or produce a document
that court or authority will have to ask the ACC [for the 49th time]permission for that evidence if required
the ACC[for the 128th time]dont have to hand over that information to any authority in the COMMONWEALTH

So what you are trying to tell us, if I understand what you are saying, that dank does not have to talk to ANYONE ever again about this issue because he's already told everything to the ACC? Is that what you are saying?

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
no i did not

I understand two things of all your statements.

1. You sentence structure and grammar do not have the same level of intellect that you are trying so very hard to portray with your condescending answers.

2. Do you understand that any digital document saved to server, emailed, saved to a portable device etc. Means multiple copies. Even IF the ACC have taken the originals and stored them in the ACC Fort Knox Evidence Room for them to never ever see the light of day. Because by your own admission (you being the expert on all things covert ACC) the ACC does not have control over "Cyberspace". Any investigation could gather these copies that they have found and or court ordered. Unless Dank only ever saved to a laptop not hook up to any server and never shared any files (digital or hard copy) their a copies all over the joint.

Unless of course you are going to now tell me that the ACC also get exclusive creative content rights to all of their collected evidence as well.

Please tell me you understand this. I would hate to have to repeat myself and have you answer a different question that I didn't ask again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back