Should Carlton receive a priority pick?

• Yes

Votes: 70 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 296 80.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

First you try and get him replaced, then you give him a new contract but he leaves after a few months. Not to mention whatever the hell happened with Luke Williams. + you have club powerbrokers grandstanding and putting further unnecessary pressure on the recruiting department.

Recruiting is a high pressure job but it takes many years for results to play out. Why would anyone want to join Carlton when they set the benchmark for impatience, dysfunction and the quick fix. All you see with the departure of guys Rogers and Williams is a continuity that has sent Carlton to the sewer for the last decade or so. That is a lack of support for anyone who doesn't deliver instant results. It's a complete circus down there

Would be happy to argue with you but there are several very valid points there in respect to the way we've handled our recruiters.

Quite simply the whole process has been a manipulated shambles, in sorry to say.

Would be happy to argue with you but there are several very valid points there in respect to the way we've handled our recruiters.

Quite simply the whole process has been a manipulated shambles, in sorry to say.
The tragedy is that I think the recent drafting has been pretty sound, especially the Cripps pick which I thought showed a lot of intelligence.

Clearly you have an agenda to peddle so its not worth discussing this with you.

However, if you consider Carlton to be a "circus" then don't forget to cast an eye over the Barnum & Bailey bigtop at the Lexus Centre too.
Well you did ask me to elaborate.

Clearly you have an agenda to peddle that involves me having an agenda to peddle, so perhaps it's best if we leave it at that ;)

The tragedy is that I think the recent drafting has been pretty sound, especially the Cripps pick which I thought showed a lot of intelligence.

What people don't see is the ground work, good will and trust established through his tenure.
People see a suit and some fancy words and media buys into it.
Working your arse off and having a quality plan intact doesn't matter as much it seems.

Hang on, you've been harping on about all these young players at Carlton and now you're saying a change was needed and so was a new list manager.

So which is it? Either your picks have been s**t or Rogers got the shaft with this "restructuring".

Don't try put words in my mouth

Rogers was really only in his position for 2 years, if had it my way I'd love Rogers to remain to assist SOS, after all certain responsibility like recruiting shouldn't just lay apon 1 person

Rogers in his time recruiting young talented players who I hope develop into future stars. I dont think Rogers got shafted at all, I think the intention was to have solid recruiting team around SOS

Last edited:
Don't try put words in my mouth

Rogers was really only in his position for 2 years, if had it my way I'd love Rogers to remain to assist SOS, after all certain responsibility like recruiting shouldn't just lay apon 1 person

Rogers in his time recruiting young talented players who I hope develop into future stars. I dont think Rogers got shafted at all, I think the intention was to have solid recruiting team around SOS

With all due respect - you're just making up stuff.

Of corse he was shafted, you tried to shaft him with the Wright move ......back tracked and then delivered the SOS shafting.

If you believe the intention was to have a solid recruiting team around SOS, well that's just going swimmingly.

With all due respect - you're just making up stuff.

Of corse he was shafted, you tried to shaft him with the Wright move ......back tracked and then delivered the SOS shafting.

If you believe the intention was to have a solid recruiting team around SOS, well that's just going swimmingly.

Look I don't have all the answers I can only give my opinion, when Presidents change and CEO's move on im sure all departments, not just recruiting gets reviewed

What's the problem trying to strengthen the recruiting? Is bringing SOS to the club a negative? From what i here Blues wanted a stronger recruiting team. I have nothing against Rogers, ultimately he decided to part ways and wish him all the best

Look I don't have all the answers I can only give my opinion, when Presidents change and CEO's move on im sure all departments, not just recruiting gets reviewed

What's the problem trying to strengthen the recruiting? Is bringing SOS to the club a negative? From what i here Blues wanted a stronger recruiting team. I have nothing against Rogers, ultimately he decided to part ways and wish him all the best
Losing Rogers does not make our recruiting team stronger at all. If that's what they were aiming for they've failed miserably.

Losing Rogers does not make our recruiting team stronger at all. If that's what they were aiming for they've failed miserably.

Please refer to previous comments

I said prior, that bringing in SOS working along side Rogers is what I wanted and I believe the club intended. Sos isn't the most experienced recruiter I'll admit so good to have someone like Rogers by his side

Hope was able to clarify that

Surely it's time for him to get a gig at another club?

Over the last 2 years, Hawthorn have been the best team by a mile, and on top of that, both Adam Simpson and Luke Beveridge have been pulled out of the Hawthorn Coaching ranks and have been hugely successful so far.

Bearing this in mind, shouldn't the assistants at Hawthorn be in far bigger demand than guys like Lloyd and Dew? Bolton in particular has experience as a senior coach and is undefeated in his time at the helm; surely he's the one Carlton should be strongly considering?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bearing this in mind, shouldn't the assistants at Hawthorn be in far bigger demand than guys like Lloyd and Dew? Bolton in particular has experience as a senior coach and is undefeated in his time at the helm; surely he's the one Carlton should be strongly considering?

Didn't you just answer this yourself? Beveridge and Simpson already plucked.

It's pretty widely recognised the majority of Assistant-to-Senior-Coach appointments have been part of a Premiership coaching panel - has been for many year now.

Surely it's time for him to get a gig at another club?

Over the last 2 years, Hawthorn have been the best team by a mile, and on top of that, both Adam Simpson and Luke Beveridge have been pulled out of the Hawthorn Coaching ranks and have been hugely successful so far.

Don't forget Leon Cameron, who is taking GWS on to better things.

Back