Opinion Stephen Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the odds of SOS making bids on the Campo boys next year.
If they're valued around where the Saints have picks, I'd say that there's every chance of it.
There's no place for sentiment in his role & I'd like to see more LM's being aggressive in that space rather than allowing rivals an almost free hit

They're not 'picks' though.
Cat B is completely separate to the draft. We only took Cottrell on after he did a pre-season as a try-out.
I'm with gbatman on this.

Anyone taken outside the first (let's say) two rounds of the ND could be called a late pick.

Whether that's a pick in the 50s, a rookie spot, an SSP, mid-season, Cat B, whatever.

If you want to get technical, we could call it 'Players selected from a alternative avenues other than the traditional early draft pick pool'.

Got quite a ring to it, don't ya think?!? :p

To be fair, I think he initially was a low key pick because he was a mate of Jack's.
Nup. Along with Mick Gibbons fought for an SSP spot. Watched him in a match sim session on the Sunny coast playing wing forward and he demanded an opportunity. (Took us a while to realise he is more forward than wing, seduced by his running capacity) He is nit quite savvy enough to predict ball movement and present to the right places on transition against quality wingers. He has a great knack of finding space in F50 to combine with his pressure work.

I'm with gbatman on this.

Anyone taken outside the first (let's say) two rounds of the ND could be called a late pick.

Whether that's a pick in the 50s, a rookie spot, an SSP, mid-season, Cat B, whatever.

If you want to get technical, we could call it 'Players selected from a alternative avenues other than the traditional early draft pick pool'.

Got quite a ring to it, don't ya think?!? :p
So that would be the PSFAAAOTTTED picks. Sounds interesting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back