Opinion Stephen Silvagni

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah I don't think Jack Martin is coming now (I think the Suns will be that petty to redraft him in the PSD) but I don't think SOS should be made a sacrifical lamb for that deal not materalizing.

But as HARKER and other have alluded to, this angst regarding Silvagni has been brewing for months, it's not a healthy workplace if the rumours are true that the head recruiting boss and CEO have been butting heads.

I just would hope for honest transparency from the club and board and Loguidace when SOS's inevitable departure happens, we are not mugs, we would like as honest (as possible) explanination for the decison for SOS to walk.

Wouldn't be happy with the usual PR Spin (It's been mutually agreed by both parties that Person X moves on to greener pastures etc)

Can live with SOS leaving, but as a long term paying member and supporter, I would like to be informed in a general sense as to why a club legend of the club is leaving in (somewhat) controversial circumstances.

Even if they said that SOS had a falling out/clash of personality and philosophy with another influential figure at the club (don't have to name Liddle either), I would be content with that.

Would just like us (the members/supporters) to get honest clarification over this situation, all this innuendo right now probably isn't helping us try grow our membership numbers.

I would say I am not angry, just disappointed at how this is playing out, but I am pretty angry at how this has been leaked out to the media, only weeks away before the National Draft.

When was the last time we saw something like this happen at a club like Richmond, West Coast, Sydney or Geelong ?

It's not so much SOS leaving that bothers me now, it's more the sloppy way it is being leaked and played out in the media, and the fallout and rumours that go with it.

As far as I am concerned, this is the first black mark against Mark Loguidace and the current board's regime, whom up until this point, i have been highly supportive of (i greatly appreciate our club's campaign against family/domestic violence and being so supportive of our women's team)

We can (AND MUST) do better as a professional football club going forwards, maybe I am overreacting a bit, but I lived through the toxic Elliott/Collins/Smorgon regimes as a supporter, and i never want to see the type of back stabbing and political **** fights that happened on their regimes at our great and historical club ever again.

Apologies for the lengthy post, but I felt the need to get that off my chest. I am pretty passionate about this footy club ! #BoundByBlue 🔵🔵🔵

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think this year's AGM will be interesting.

I don't.

Like 98% of all Clubs AGM's, the positions will be stitched up, the speeches dull, the people who piss n moan n whinge all year will be nowhere to be seen, and the evening will be dull as dishwater.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This just all seems so weird.

Only about 8 weeks ago we had ITKs and plenty of people posting how we were absolutely flying off field.

Now it looks like were back to bullshit infighting and people stepping outside of their left and right of arc...

Very disappointing to hear. Very important few years coming up. Need everyone on the same page and pulling in the same direction.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy

Only about 8 weeks ago we had ITKs and plenty of people posting how we were absolutely flying off field.
Shows the supposed number of real ITKs is a lot smaller than many were believing and even the few genuine ones, knew less than what they thought they knew given some of the postings yesterday.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Now it looks like were back to bullshit infighting and people stepping outside of their left and right of arc...

Very disappointing to hear. Very important few years coming up. Need everyone on the same page and pulling in the same direction.

It's annoying how this all started not so long after the trade period and our perceived failure.

If we snagged Martin and Papley, would we still be having this discussion right now ?

What concerns me is that we may have factions inside the club, and someone on the inside obviously did leak this SOS leaving news to the media. As I said in my above rant, I don't think SOS leaving is the biggest problem/negative here, its just the impression of not learning from past mistakes of infighting at the club, and sensitive infomation being leaked.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
You’ve got a real bee in your bonnet about this ey
I do given the lack of follow up on questions and the damage I see it doing to my club lately.
I really care for my club and it is disturbing the lack of substance being talked about and so much vagueness and speculation being propagated.
I expect more from people that follow the same club and would hope care for it to same extent.

I vote thylacine60 to be the new pres. He's been around a while and in this new role will be able to see us get to 17..

sometime
if I wasn't so busy I'd be struggling to fault this.........

Just let them out of dungeon and free your time up.
C'mon man. We need you.
a fair way to go in rehab still - I'll know they have been sorted out after our first loss - if it happens - next season..........

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
I do given the lack of follow up on questions and the damage I see it doing to my club lately.
I really care for my club and it is disturbing the lack of substance being talked about and so much vagueness and speculation being propagated.
I expect more from people that follow the same club and would hope care for it to same extent.
Perhaps the ITK posters can’t answer your questions. They give us the information they feel comfortable sharing at the time.

Back