Opinion Stephen Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Something just seems out of place in all this.
Obviously there is plenty we don't know but the more I think about it, the less likely it seems to me that Liddle has simply gone rogue.

Where's any talk of the Lloyd here? Isn't he The Head of Football?
Has he not been in the job for long enough to question SOS and passed off his concerns to Liddle?

Best guess is that Liddle is up to something and not afraid to put himself in the firing line to get 'the job done' in his and the CFC's interest.....or at least what he sees and believes to be the best interests.

Too many missing links in the stories for them to be as simple as they may seem to be on face value.

If you don’t appreciate their info then maybe just scroll on. It’s not worth hounding them or getting angsty about.
I don't hound ITK posters. Don't appreciate the implication. Poor form there to imply that.
I appreciate the genuine ones that show substance over time.
This is not a rumour thread too.

itk people are pretty much stuck between a rock and a place that lacks any pliability...........

The ITK posters really shouldn't be blamed at all for any of this 💩 that has hit the fan, I am far more concerned about who leaked this SOS/Liddle stuff to the media and others.

Of course it's possible that nitwits like Tom Browne read this forum and did their own digging, but I tend to subscribe to that old adage about Loose Lips and Sinking Ships and all that (and that is not on the ITK poster's at all, rather than the inside sources that have chosen to blab about our dirty laundry)

In other words, don't shoot the Messenger !!!

it was made clear SOS didn’t want to recruit Betts and most here were more than happy for SOS to be overruled by Teague, Lloyd and Liddle.

But all hell breaks lose when it comes out the CEO toured Ellis (shouldn’t have) despite SOS and co refusing to up their offer and telling him to get stuffed.

Recruiting Betts is by far the bigger issue, but hey, we love Eddie so it’s all good and we just appointed Teague so he gets a free pass.

Do people not see their own bias at work here and how overblown this has become?

The main bias I am seeing littered throughout the Carlton forum is your own.

It's tiresome, and a minority position to boot. Give it a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention our TPP which from all reports was diabolical and is now in a good place where we can actually chase some big names without any paper bags under the table.

Personally Newnes on a base wage is a much better list option than Ellis on 550,000 all day long and that in itself is why SOS is in charge of list management because plain and simple he knows how to manage the list and knows the complex workings of our TPP.

I thought Newnes had been offered 2 years by the Saints so hardly likely that he's on a base wage.

You’ve made several potshots about the trustworthiness of ITK posters recently.
The only potshots is you to me at this point.
I have queries, not potshots.
Not sure why you need to attack me. with that type of slur.
Give it a rest please. Think you are better than that.

Perhaps the ITK posters can’t answer your questions. They give us the information they feel comfortable sharing at the time.
I respect that, however, some itk's have played the role of fire starter in this instance - the labelling of key players as morons etc by those purported to know the inner workings of the club is a bad look for all involved.

No

There is a massive difference between being ‘over ruled’ and ‘not being involved’. You just continue to not get it.

That’s if you believe everything written in a dodgy newspaper.
I don’t believe this stuff happens by accident and if SOS wasn’t involved, I still believe he knew, even though the HS said he didn’t.

SOS being overuled and not having the ultimate say on who comes in, which includes Betts, is the crux of the problem.

So maybe you don’t get it as much as you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back