Scandal Stephen Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair if someone is a knob (as is the case with Newman) then everything they do is a bit knobbish.

He could walk down the street and he would look like a knob.

Bigfooty equivalent of chicken and the egg.

What came first? The being a knob or the shorts in winter? šŸ˜†šŸ˜

True story - my son was playing against Jack Silvagni in junior cricket. SOS turns up 30 minutes after the game has started & as he walks past the scorers he is reminded by a father in his team that he is rostered on to score.

SOS Replies - mate I canā€™t - donā€™t know how.

Dad responds - no worries sit down & we will show you itā€™s not that difficult.

SOS - nah mate I donā€™t think so & walks away & sits with 2 other dads on the other side of the ground laughing away!

Meanwhile Jo is in the deck chair miles away from anyone else on the phone for 3 hours - I just want to be alone!

My other son also played soccer with Sam Newmanā€™s son - in the middle of Winter he would stand on the opposite side of the pitch all alone with his shorts on - look at me - but I just want to be alone!

3 Knobs!
Just to be clear the shorts werenā€™t the problem (though bloody cold @8.30am on a Saturday as the wind and the rain provided that typical bracing Melbourne climate) but they did assist with the look at me vibe.

Would have liked to have discussed it with the great man but unlike the gaggle of 6 parents hugging their take away coffee old Sam preferred his own company 80 metres away on his lonesome. Price of fame I suppose!

I wear shorts sometimes in winter and Iā€™m definitely a knob. Confirmed

I also wear shorts sometimes in winter and am also a knob. Once you start to break it down Thereā€™s something in this theory I reckon.

Once when I was 3 or 4, before a game at Princes Park where SOS was out injured, he and Jo happened to walk out from the old door at the back leading to the rooms underneath the Gardiner Stand and past me and dad during the reserves.

Legit only about 5 other people, all adults around so him stopping to sign something for me wouldnā€™t have led to a stampede of him getting bothered, so dad said, go on ask him to sign your autograph book. I walked up and he just blanked me and kept walking.

Anyway, Jo went absolutely mental at him and made him come back and sign it and made him apologise lol. As they were walking off she was berating him for ā€˜always being such a rude campaignerā€™

Once when I was 3 or 4, before a game at Princes Park where SOS was out injured, he and Jo happened to walk out from the old door at the back leading to the rooms underneath the Gardiner Stand and past me and dad during the reserves.

Legit only about 5 other people, all adults around so him stopping to sign something for me wouldnā€™t have led to a stampede of him getting bothered, so dad said, go on ask him to sign your autograph book. I walked up and he just blanked me and kept walking.

Anyway, Jo went absolutely mental at him and made him come back and sign it and made him apologise lol. As they were walking off she was berating him for ā€˜always being such a rude campaignerā€™
Jo is an absolute gem that is for sure, must be a balancing force for him.

Aside from the obvious, she seems a lovely person. I watch the Bullants week in week out in the VFL, and the season Ben was playing there she was always there and happy to engage with people in the crowd coming up to chat all day. Looked exhausting tbh. Total contrast to Steve when he was there. Yin and Yang type stuff.

No comment on SOS from me, but regards to Jo, I work in the disability sector and some years back she was hosting some fundraising event that I attended with some clients. Afterwards she came around and introduced herself to the clients I was with. Some were pretty 'unusual' in the way they looked and acted but she shook hands and got up close and asked each of them how they were and went and got some water for one of the guys that needed a drink.

I have no idea whether or not she was paid for that gig but it does not matter. She was top-shelf and put a smile on a number of faces - including mine. Barely thought of her beforehand, but since then I have held her in high regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To not go into the rooms for your son's milestone game even though all the people involved are no longer at the club, is some low level, petty crap.

Sounds like not only do the past administrators of the club think he is a dick, so do many of his ex teammates.

Being a list manager of another club is a pretty good reason not to.

But also, and I am NOT saying this is the case with SOS and Carlton, responses to trauma are very common to include avoiding ANY link to the original trauma. What may seem weird to you is very important to that person so it's a bit judgey to assume it's petty crap in any circumstance.

Being a list manager of another club is a pretty good reason not to.

But also, and I am NOT saying this is the case with SOS and Carlton, responses to trauma are very common to include avoiding ANY link to the original trauma. What may seem weird to you is very important to that person so it's a bit judgey to assume it's petty crap in any circumstance.
It's basically a thread where the original poster is inviting comment and judgement on whether Silvagni appears to be a knob.

To me, he appears to be a knob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back