Scandal Stephen Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of the time when i was a kid asking carlton players for the autograph at the MCG (mid 90's). They were all in the race in the southern stand watching the reserves. You'd yell out 'hey braddles, can you sign my book' and he'd come over and sign. Repeat for other players. Then you'd ask diesel and he wouldnt come over at all.

Until the MCG attendant on the boundary near us said 'he wont come over, he's a prick' - diesel looks over at this guy then comes and signs the autographs 🤣

(this attendant was there every week, had a beard and was a grumpy old bastard - he'd threaten you if you ran on to early before the 2nd siren)
I yelled out to Micky McGuane at the footy once if he had a pen so I could get his autograph. He just said “Nah”. What a knob.

Not sure why it's unprofessional to be seeking the best possible deal for his employer.

He's old school and a tough negotiator for sure. But I wouldn't say unprofessional and what we know of the Dow negotiations doesn't really prove otherwise.

Petulant and can hold a serious grudge, sure.

If we don’t get what we are after, honestly just let him go through the PSD. If what’s on offer is literally useless there’s no such thing as ‘goodwill’ in this scenario. We aren’t asking for much. I’m sure he would get to them but let them sweat on it for a while.

This trade period once and for all proves that Stephen Silvagni is both unprofessional and a s**t bloke.

Carlton ask for a future 3rd rounder for Dow which is very reasonable. Just get it done. Move on.

Silvagni makes it personal because he wants to feel like he "wins" against Carlton because he's holding some personal grudge.

Confirmed he's a dickhead and unprofessional.

Saints fans should be pissed off Lyon hired his mate.

Lyon, Lethlean, SOS, Hayes, Harvey,. Dal Santo, Goddard.

All a bit inbred isn't it.
you read that tripe and believed it.

This trade period once and for all proves that Stephen Silvagni is both unprofessional and a s**t bloke.

Carlton ask for a future 3rd rounder for Dow which is very reasonable. Just get it done. Move on.

Silvagni makes it personal because he wants to feel like he "wins" against Carlton because he's holding some personal grudge.

yes we are absolutely devastated our list manager is trying to get the best outcome for our club. fmd, the s**t you write some times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get caught up in a chinwag with Bolts
Don't wear shorts in winter
Never open up a bar tab for KB
Don't expect SOS to score a game of cricket
Reverse psychology will secure Diesel's autograph

Who says BF isn't educational?
10/10, would recommend to a friend 👍

If the Dogs hadn't have traded out F1, then it's an easy 3 way trade, Coffield - Dow -F3. But that wasn't allowed.
Saints had already traded F2. They would ruin their future draft hand if they gave up F3 as well.
Instead, SOS orchestrated a seemingly complex deal that meant everyone got what they wanted, even though the Saints ended up paying slightly more.
The opposite of unprofessional.

SOS must spend so much time speaking with journalists, because they treat him like this drafting and trading god whereas history shows him to be pretty s**t.

Re trading and List Management - had some massive wins.

Turned Lachie Henderson into H McKay
Turned Tom Bell into Charlie Curnow
Got Carlton’s TPP back in order - and dragged the club’s playing list from being a complete schemozzle to a proper list management plan.

Just what Saints need now.

Drafting - agree - he has a patchy record for sure.

Also amusing that he trades for his own failures. Kinda cute in a way xoxo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back