Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HBF

Flying Scotsman
Sep 24, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Why exactly is he being shown the door?
I think it might be a case of a mutual decision, where it benefits both parties.
Before Liddle & Lloyd came on board, SOS was pretty much able to do what he wanted with this list, but his wings have been clipped a little since these two appointments.

Also, with two of his sons on the list, and a possible third at the end of next year his conflict of interest just might become to great.

Fruit

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
"a key architect in their resurgence "

Resurgence???? They came 16th!
Bang. I am amazed that everyone talks about Carlton as if they are going to Be the next big thing. 15 teams finished above them and underneath them Gold Coast don’t count at the moment so they were better than only one other serious team.

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
On the ladder only. We have loads more young talent than in 2016 and are poised to continue improving. In 2016 we had no signs of improving, hence the gutting of the list.
That's a personal opinion. I'd say Carlton have slightly more young talent in the way of Walsh, but that's about it. There's a difference between having young players and good young players.

jezzajay

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Giants, Lakers
Please don't call me an idiot. This is not the place for personal attacks.
Yet you(and many others) personally attack SOS (amongst others) through out this and other threads. And he is not even here to defend himself, you are yet you carry on like a baby when someone calls you out! Pathetic.

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
That's a personal opinion. I'd say Carlton have slightly more young talent in the way of Walsh, but that's about it. There's a difference between having young players and good young players.
Just to clarify what you're saying - Do you believe Walsh is the only good young player on the list?

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yet you(and many others) personally attack SOS (amongst others) through out this and other threads. And he is not even here to defend himself, you are yet you carry on like a baby when someone calls you out! Pathetic.
Are you a family member of his?

Having goes at players, coaches and officials is a bit different to attacking a poster.

Pretty sure it's even in the boards rules.

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
I've called him a clown a couple of times and said he's been terrible at Carlton as well as the Giants and provided countless examples of such ineptitude in his role. That's it. Nothing more. If calling Stephen Silvagni a 'clown' is a personal attack in your mind, then I'm more than happy to abstain from doing it from now on.

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Elite young talent, yes.

Pre SOS, there were at least Docherty and Cripps. Silvagni has arguably been worse than Hughes.
Ok, I get what you mean.

I'd argue Curnow, McKay and Weitering are elite young talent. I'd also put Setterfield and SPS in there as well, but I can see the argument against them. Then on top of them Walsh, like you already said. There's at least 4, potentially 6, A grade talents.

Looking back to pre-2016 there is only Cripps and Doc, then nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LoungeLizard

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
So because he attacks SOS on a footy thread, that gives you the right to attack him, it seems there are double standards here.

I remember saying the same thing you did and got a day off, but you're still here, hmmm

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Bootsma, Yarran, Lucas, Menzel, Boekhorst, Watson, Cripps is Hughes’ first round haul.

SOS is going to have to torch a heap of first rounders to get close to that steaming pile (minus Cripps).

SickQwon

Premiership Player
Suspended
Dec 7, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
That's a disgusting comment. Pull your head in.
It's okay, we all know you don't actually have a brain injury and are just trolling. But pretending to be stupid for a reaction gets old pretty quick. It's probably why you get thread-banned so often.

TonaldDrump

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
My local second hand car salesman would do a better job negotiating trades than SOS. Can't believe SOS wouldn't give up pick 9 (in a week draft) for Papley who has kicked more goals than any Carlton player this year.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
My local second hand car salesman would do a better job negotiating trades than SOS. Can't believe SOS wouldn't give up pick 9 (in a week draft) for Papley who has kicked more goals than any Carlton player this year.
Ah.......he did.

jezzajay

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Giants, Lakers
Shows how little you know.

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
This is either a really bad troll or you really have no idea what you're talking about.

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
My favourite SOS trade of all time was when he turned Tom Bell and a 2nd round pick into the first rounder that netted us Charlie Curnow.

The McKay trade not far off.

WilloTree

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
If I'm reading this right, it seems to me Silvagni and Little have very different opinions on the direction of the club. It probably wasn't one thing, but a number of issues leading up to the decision. Certainly this trade period seems to have strained the relationship to breaking point.

Never nice when a club legend is shown the door.

Top Bottom