Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh good God please dont let him come back.

He's done great work for you guys!

(since he moved to Carlton and started overpaying for your rejects)

Hot Breakfast chief footy reporter Tom Browne had some mail on Stephen Silvagni’s future at Carlton this morning.

“Stephen Silvagni, SOS, a key architect in their resurgence, he’s been their (Carlton’s) list manager during this period where there’s pretty optimistic views on their list, in one regard I guess he’s done the hard yards,” Browne said.

“I think within the next month is highly likely now he’ll step away from the club… at the moment Cain Liddle, who’s the CEO, a very competent CEO, has been restructuring the football department with some of his own key appointments.

“There’s now a view that if SOS was to leave the club as list manager Cain Liddle would appoint an alternative list manager.

“The club say that is not the case.”

Browne said that some of the changes made at Carlton in recent times have taken some power away from Silvagni.

“SOS is one of the most powerful people at Carlton, at least he was up until 12 months ago,” he said.

“But over the last 12 months there’s been a football manager appointed, Brad Lloyd, there’s also been a different list manager, Mick Agresta, appointed, and there’s a view that some of the power’s gone away from SOS, but there’s also some key power brokers that still support SOS.”

Browne also had some mail on Silvagni’s potential replacement.

“I think they’re interested in Sydney’s recruiting manager if it came to that… Kinnear Beatson,” he said.

“Which Carlton deny at this stage.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope if they do separate Carlton follow the proven path of appointing another Old Boy. It's done Adelaide wonders,a nd Carlton is in a very good place after bringing back SOS.

SO do a search and the major focus needs to be on whether they are a well respected previous CFC player, and whether they have connections to the board and CFC management. It'll be hard to replace SOS, but I'm sure the Blues can find some else that will buy clubs recycled players and do such well thought through trades.

2 wins in 2018 -7 wins 2019, that's a resurgence, but i suppose counting past two was a bit hard for you.
Correct. Since 2016 Carlton have gone 7 wins, 6 wins, 2 wins, 7 wins. By the numbers 2018 was the anomaly.

The results speak for themselves, unless they aren’t great, and then it’s the past coach or head recruiters fault.

2 wins in 2018 -7 wins 2019, that's a resurgence, but i suppose counting past two was a bit hard for you.

I can look beyond 2 years, but I suppose that's a bit hard for you.

You'd have to be pretty daft to think our list right now is basically the same as the list in 2016. The wins might be the same but the list in 2016 was going nowhere fast whereas now we look poised to finally take some steps forward.
Of course it's not the same, and it won't be the same next year or the year after.

But it's in the same position it was in in 2016.

Of course it's not the same, and it won't be the same next year or the year after.

But it's in the same position it was in in 2016.
The same ladder position and that's probably the only thing you can say is the same between the 2. The club openly said it will need to go backwards to go forwards, and now we actually look like we are going forwards. We definitely didn't in 16'

The same ladder position and that's probably the only thing you can say is the same between the 2. The club openly said it will need to go backwards to go forwards, and now we actually look like we are going forwards. We definitely didn't in 16'
But you did go forwards in 2016, 2015 was 4 wins wasn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back