Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn’t you offer a bet last year that Collingwood would win 2x flags before Carlton would get their first?

Is that still on? I’d be happy to have a crack.
FMD for some reason the blues are up and about!?...

Did I miss something or have I been living in an alt reality?

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton

Not more about the blues being up and about, I think our list/top 10 is in pretty good shape but we have plenty to work through. We will be a top 8 side in short time.

Moreso about Collingwood blowing 2 massive chances the past 2 years and with a bit of a list age inbalance and salary cap squeezes I think they missed their boat for a while. Nothing to me suggests they’ll be guaranteed flags before a lot the up and coming teams. Need to win them when you get there and unfortunately, they keep losing them.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne

It’s what you do when your teams bad.
you get optimistic in the off season. A change in personnel. You think you’re a chance.
then the season starts and you realise you’re not.

North and Essendon haven't contended for 15 years.

Adelaide on the next line after the Big 5.

North made a bunch of prelims not that long ago.
Essendon regularly make finals despite not winning them.

It's ok to just say you wanted to include your own team to make yourself feel better.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
North made a bunch of prelims not that long ago.
Essendon regularly make finals despite not winning them.

It's ok to just say you wanted to include your own team to make yourself feel better.
North made two Prelims 6/7 years ago from outside the top 4, and got belted in both of them.

Essendon haven't won a final in 15 plus years.

Not sure what your definition of contending is, but it's clearly different to mine.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Weitering and Jones are both better players than Astbury and Walsh gets a gig over Liam Baker.

The mythologising over this strong, but star-dependent Richmond team is amazing. Their bottom 10 are all very much replaceable.

Their true strength is in their system, and that covers getting the best out of some otherwise average players: Broad, Astbury, Baker, Soldo, Castagna et al.

Richmond won the flag. Rance played about five mins & Grimes / Broad are short for KPD...

Astbury is a gun.

Liam Jones lol

Richmonds 11th, 12th, 13th etc. players is better than some give them credit for, all australians like Houli

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Richmond won the flag. Rance played about five mins & Grimes / Broad are short for KPD...

Astbury is a gun.

Liam Jones lol

Richmonds 11th, 12th, 13th etc. players is better than some give them credit for, all australians like Houli

You need to get over it.

It’s a reflection on Richmond’s system, but it doesn’t elevate the players beyond being disciplined, consistent performers in a strong team.

I still haven’t heard any actual reasoning as to why Astbury is better than Weitering either. I’ve done this multiple times in this thread.

I think your 11-13 players are rated appropriately. It’s your next tier that are overrated, and I’d argue your top tier are actually underrated. Comfortably the best top end talent in the league.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
You need to get over it.

It’s a reflection on Richmond’s system, but it doesn’t elevate the players beyond being disciplined, consistent performers in a strong team.

I still haven’t heard any actual reasoning as to why Astbury is better than Weitering either. I’ve done this multiple times in this thread.

I think your 11-13 players are rated appropriately. It’s your next tier that are overrated, and I’d argue your top tier are actually underrated. Comfortably the best top end talent in the league.

Houli is around 10-15 and is an 2019 All Australian. think bout it

Richmonds 11, 12, 13 is clearly underrated by you cause you reckon Liam Jones would get a gig at Tigerland

Astbury is a key part of 'Richmonds system'. He not only was the only big defender but he is a gun.

being a former pick 1 doesnt get you any bonus points in real life

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Houli is around 10-15 and is an 2019 All Australian. think bout it

Richmonds 11, 12, 13 is clearly underrated by you cause you reckon Liam Jones would get a gig at Tigerland

Astbury is a key part of 'Richmonds system'. He not only was the only big defender but he is a gun.

being a former pick 1 doesnt get you any bonus points in real life

I’d argue Houli is comfortably in your top 10 players, especially given the quality of his finals series.

Astbury is not a gun. He is a good player currently in his prime, benefitting heavily by being surrounding by experienced and talented defenders in Grimes, Houli and Vlastuin (and ordinarily Rance) who have had years playing together to develop cohesion and bed down a solid structure.

Your last comment is erroneous. Weitering isn’t highly rated purely because he’s a number one pick - he’s adulated because his skilset is rarely found in a big bodied KPD. He has beautiful kicking skills, is composed and has the ability to impact and link up up the field. His overall footy IQ is elite. He has also taken over from Doc co-ordinating our defense.

I’ve covered these points throughout the thread, but pinging back that you disagree just doesnt add anything.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I’d argue Houli is comfortably in your top 10 players, especially given the quality of his finals series.

Astbury is not a gun. He is a good player currently in his prime, benefitting heavily by being surrounding by experienced and talented defenders in Grimes, Houli and Vlastuin (and ordinarily Rance) who have had years playing together to develop cohesion and bed down a solid structure.

Your last comment is erroneous. Weitering isn’t highly rated purely because he’s a number one pick - he’s adulated because his skilset is rarely found in a big bodied KPD. He has beautiful kicking skills, is composed and has the ability to impact and link up up the field. His overall footy IQ is elite. He has also taken over from Doc co-ordinating our defense.

I’ve covered these points throughout the thread, but pinging back that you disagree just doesnt add anything.

before we carry on could you please say who is 11/12/13 in your rankings

B: Grimes 🏆🏆 Rance 🏆 Broad 🏆🏆
HB: Houli 🏆🏆 Astbury 🏆🏆 Vlastuin 🏆🏆
C: Caddy 🏆🏆 Prestia 🏆🏆 Lambert 🏆🏆
HF: Edwards 🏆🏆 Riewoldt 🏆🏆 Pickett 🏆
F: Rioli 🏆🏆 Lynch 🏆 Castagna 🏆🏆
FOLL: Nank 🏆🏆 Cotchin (C) 🏆🏆 Martin 🏆🏆
INT: Graham 🏆 Bolton 🏆 Stack Soldo 🏆

EMG: Short 🏆 Baker 🏆 KMac 🏆 Higgins

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not more about the blues being up and about, I think our list/top 10 is in pretty good shape but we have plenty to work through. We will be a top 8 side in short time.

Moreso about Collingwood blowing 2 massive chances the past 2 years and with a bit of a list age inbalance and salary cap squeezes I think they missed their boat for a while. Nothing to me suggests they’ll be guaranteed flags before a lot the up and coming teams. Need to win them when you get there and unfortunately, they keep losing them.
Is this thread about Collingwood now?

OK, fair enough we do lose them a lot, but we also get there a lot, you have to to lose them.

Carlton on the other hand, don't and haven't looked like getting there for a long, long time.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Is this thread about Collingwood now?

OK, fair enough we do lose them a lot, but we also get there a lot, you have to to lose them.

Carlton on the other hand, don't and haven't looked like getting there for a long, long time.
Neither did Geelong pre-07, nor hawthorn pre-08, or Richmond pre-2017. In 2010 Collingwood won a flag with one of the youngest lists in history whilst Richmond sat on the bottom in a 30 year drought. Since then Richmond have won 2 flags and Collingwood 0. s**t changes in this comp, to suggest your club will win 2 flags before club x because they are at least 20 years off is one of the dumbest things you could say.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Neither did Geelong pre-07, nor hawthorn pre-08, or Richmond pre-2017. In 2010 Collingwood won a flag with one of the youngest lists in history whilst Richmond sat on the bottom in a 30 year drought. Since then Richmond have won 2 flags and Collingwood 0. s**t changes in this comp, to suggest your club will win 2 flags before club x because they are at least 20 years off is one of the dumbest things you could say.
You may want to check on that bold bit.

Not saying zero chance, but as you say they're hard to win. Given Carlton haven't made top 4 for 20 years, it's not too much of a stretch to predict they won't win a flag in the next 20 seasons.

Since 2000, 9 of the 18 teams in the comp have won a flag, so based on those stats alone a specific team is a 50% chance to win one in the next 20 years.

And I'll back the teams that have proven they can regularly contend in the modern era to continue to do so - Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and of course Collingwood.
I remember some other predictions of yours.
Round about August this year I think.
something,something collingwood and GWS, something,something Richmond aren’t a realistic chance, something,something.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton win a flag before the pies do.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I remember some other predictions of yours.
Round about August this year I think.
something,something collingwood and GWS, something,something Richmond aren’t a realistic chance, something,something.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton win a flag before the pies do.
It was a great effort by Richmond, but they did have to win their last 9 games of the home and away season just to make the top 4, which was why at this stage they were $17 for the flag.

No emotion in my predictions, simple probability.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Carlton delists this year:

Tom Bugg (retired), Alex Fasolo (retired), Jarrod Pickett (retired), Dale Thomas (retired), Jarrod Garlett (delisted), Matthew Lobbe (delisted), Patrick Kerr (delisted), Angus Schumacher (delisted), Kym Lebois (delisted), Andrew Phillips (Essendon), Josh Deluca (delisted)

All bar Dale Thomas picked up by SOS. 75 quality games from the rest.

Back