Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh look another one crawls out from under the rock, sticking up for an idiotic mate.

I said nothing about figures, not sure why you think otherwise.
No but you din't even comment on what Fadge was actually talking about did you?

Ok, he got a bit wrong, but "your mate" got it wrong far worse.

So if one is a troll, then what is the other?

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
What have I said that’s a troll? Just because you don’t like my opinion doesn’t mean it’s a troll.
Carlton has not got one elite player, you said this morning. Now we all no Patrick Cripps was All Australian, you either got it wrong or you were trolling. Anyway i've said my bit and you should be celebrating a Premiership instead of worrying about a team that finished 16.

No but you din't even comment on what Fadge was actually talking about did you?

Ok, he got a bit wrong, but "your mate" got it wrong far worse.

So if one is a troll, then what is the other?

So you're now telling me that because one did it, the other should be able to also? What are you - 10 years old?

Grow up.

Fadge is a pathetic troll, and it is a little sad you seem to look up to him and follow his lead. I am not surprised you've also wandered in here. Like a fly to s**t.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you're now telling me that because one did it, the other should be able to also? What are you - 10 years old?

Grow up.

Fadge is a pathetic troll, and it is a little sad you seem to look up to him and follow his lead. I am not surprised you've also wandered in here. Like a fly to s**t.
That's the way mate, get called out on something and resort to calling someone a child.

That's grade 3 stuff right there, and you call me a 10 year old.

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Yep, no idea despite consistently being spot on about Carlton's prospects over the past 10 years, whilst you deluded fools continually talk up your chances each and every off season.

Good luck in your quest to clock up 8 wins or so next season. That would be a sensational year for you guys.

Thought 6 of the last 11 for us was "sensational". Happy to take anything...lol. Hoping for an "even" season with 11. Have to target things like that now.

That's the way mate, get called out on something and resort to calling someone a child.

That's grade 3 stuff right there, and you call me a 10 year old.

Call me out for something? What exactly did you call me out for?

I simply laughed at an inaccuracy and even more so at the inability of some to admit when they are wrong and an embarrassment.

Just stop mate. I admire the camaraderie amongst trolls but as usual you've come into something way over your head. Bay 13 misses you.

Jimbojay

Debutant
Feb 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I've corrected my couple of mistakes. Are you going to correct your post about the comparative player retention percentages at Carlton and Collingwood, or are you happy just to keep going along and making shite up to support your argument?

As I said previously you cannot look purely at player retention % and to do so is just foolish. If 65% of the players brought in since 2015 were to be retained, it would pretty much equate to a completely full list. If you had a clue about how the rebuild was going (which you don't) you would understand that heaps of short term pieces were brought in for virtually nothing in the hope they could offer something, but if not no big loss. The Plowman trade literally perfectly demonstrates this. The fact Sumner, Lamb and Phillips didn't offer a whole lot is virtually irrelevant.

And if you bothered to look at the 28 players who are retained you would actually see that over half of them are best 22 locks for the foreseeable future and not even close to reaching their potential

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Call me out for something? What exactly did you call me out for?

I simply laughed at an inaccuracy and even more so at the inability of some to admit when they are wrong and an embarrassment.

Just stop mate. I admire the camaraderie amongst trolls but as usual you've come into something way over your head. Bay 13 misses you.
Hahahaha, that's the go to word isn't it, "troll"?

You picked a piece of his post and thought that will do.

What about the rest?

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
After all this time you think I'd really bother trying to reason with a troll?

Now you're really being silly.
Of course mate, anyone who says anything about Carlton you don't like is a troll.

I will tell you what, Fadge was a lot closer to being right than your mate was, but you just decided to take the bit that was wrong.

That's more of a troll than what Fadge did.

Hahahaha, that's the go to word isn't it, "troll"?

You picked a piece of his post and thought that will do.

What about the rest?

Literally everything he writes is a troll, particularly when it comes to Carlton. And that's a topic he pretty much posts about exclusively. Pathetic, really.

As is your attempt to stick up for him. Admirable, but pathetic all the same.

Of course mate, anyone who says anything about Carlton you don't like is a troll.

Wrong.

You make your own reputation around here and Fadge's is one of a troll. It is literally all he does.

And for some reason you're intent on following suit. Surprised you don't have anything better to do, but each to their own, I guess.

There's only one thing worse than a troll, and that is one who objects to being called out for it. If you're going to shitpost, at least own it.

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Five of those wins were against St Kilda (14th), Adelaide (11th), Gold Coast (18th), Sydney (15th) and Fremantle (13th), who you could argue at that stage of the season all had nothing to play for.

Brisbane were also exposed as frauds in finals. Belted at home by Richmond and also lost at home to a GWS side who are notoriously bad at traveling. They also had an incredibly soft draw. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re mid table next season as I think that’s more indicative of their quality. Absolutely no chance are they a top four side. Their forward line is very ordinary.

Where do you actually expect to finish next season? What is a pass mark for Carlton? I keep reading about improvement, but can you please give me a specific ladder finish that you would consider a reasonable goal?

When you're close to the bottom those are decent enough wins at that point. Happy enough to play those sides twice and theoretically get 12 wins.

Brisbane though won 16 (?), finished 2nd so they are not frauds. They lost both their games to the grand finalists, remembering Richmond were easily the best side and GWS went on to beat Collingwood AWAY, in the PF (you said they were bad travellers). Think you're trying spin an argument there. Carlton weren't exactly uncompetitive in losses to West Coast, Richmond, and the Dogs either.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wrong.

You make your own reputation around here and Fadge's is one of a troll. It is literally all he does.

And for some reason you're intent on following suit. Surprised you don't have anything better to do, but each to their own, I guess.

There's only one thing worse than a troll, and that is one who objects to being called out for it. If you're going to shitpost, at least own it.
Mate i have responded to all your posts, i haven't picked a piece and gone with that.

A s**t post is when some one picks a piece and tries to go whack.

You tried and failed, because the rest of his post was spot on.

Sash Cat

Debutant
Nov 27, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Carlton has not got one elite player, you said this morning. Now we all no Patrick Cripps was All Australian, you either got it wrong or you were trolling. Anyway i've said my bit and you should be celebrating a Premiership instead of worrying about a team that finished 16.
What? I said Patrick Cripps is elite and he is your one elite player. Docherty was but I’m skeptical after two knee reconstructions and a long time out of the game. Walsh and Curnow have elite potential but aren’t currently. Who is elite at this present moment for Carlton outside of Cripps?

Mate i have responded to all your posts, i haven't picked a piece and gone with that.

A s**t post is when some one picks a piece and tries to go whack.

You tried and failed, because the rest of his post was spot on.

I laughed at someone suggesting Kreuger and McAdam were on our list. And then was too much of a flog to admit they were wrong about it.

Others have continued the discussion on all other points, so why am I required to do so on top of that?

Meanwhile you've come in and added.....hmmm.....ummm......what exactly? Yeah yeah, trolls unite. I get that.

Well done on sticking up for a mate but I reckon now is the time for you to let it go. You've crawled out from under the rock, you've stood up for a fellow troll, you've embarrassed yourself again. What else is there for you here?

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
What? I said Patrick Cripps is elite and he is your one elite player. Docherty was but I’m skeptical after two knee reconstructions and a long time out of the game. Walsh and Curnow have elite potential but aren’t currently. Who is elite at this present moment for Carlton outside of Cripps?
Cripps is the only elite player at the moment, i'll leave Docharty out of it. Maybe you deleted a post?

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So nothing to say about the poster who he initially quoted?

It's easy to call someone a troll isn't it, but i don't see you calling any Carlton fans trolls.

Fadges figures were a lot closer to the "trolls" figures
Correct.

And I have also stated earlier that I have since corrected my mistakes.

For the record, my mistake saw the Carlton percentage increase from 50.9% to 52.8%, and my Collingwood percentage was accurate. Importantly, Collingwood's percentage player retention over the four year period remains significantly ahead of that of Carlton's under SOS, which was the key point of discussion.

I'm still waiting to hear from the other poster as to how he arrived at the figures he posted.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I laughed at someone suggesting Kreuger and McAdam were on our list. And then was too much of a flog to admit they were wrong about it.

Others have continued the discussion on all other points, so why am I required to do so on top of that?

Meanwhile you've come in and added.....hmmm.....ummm......what exactly? Yeah yeah, trolls unite. I get that.

Well done on sticking up for a mate but I reckon now is the time for you to let it go. You've crawled out from under the rock, you've stood up for a fellow troll, you've embarrassed yourself again. What else is there for you here?
So we have idiot, flog, 10 year old, troll, what's next?

Seems you get upset easily.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct.

For the record, my mistake saw the Carlton percentage increase from 50.9% to 52.8%, and my Collingwood percentage was accurate. Importantly, Collingwood's percentage player retention over the four year period remains significantly ahead of that of Carlton's under SOS, which was the key point of discussion.

I'm still waiting to hear from the other poster as to how he arrived at the figures he posted.
No, no, Fadge, that can't be true, Jeremias said the "flog" hasn't admitted anything.

Jimbojay

Debutant
Feb 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Correct.

Using numbers without remotely considering why they are the case is a great way to view things.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, apologies for not being fully across the different types of draft concessions offered to the cellar-dwelling teams of the competition.

I have since corrected my error, and it made minimal difference to the point I was making.

Sash Cat

Debutant
Nov 27, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
When you're close to the bottom those are decent enough wins at that point. Happy enough to play those sides twice and theoretically get 12 wins.

Brisbane though won 16 (?), finished 2nd so they are not frauds. They lost both their games to the grand finalists, remembering Richmond were easily the best side and GWS went on to beat Collingwood AWAY, in the PF (you said they were bad travellers). Think you're trying spin an argument there. Carlton weren't exactly uncompetitive in losses to West Coast, Richmond, and the Dogs either.
I think Collingwood were well below par against GWS. They rocked up for about ten minutes and almost pinched it. GWS are notoriously bad travellers, especially to the G. One win against an underwhelming Collingwood in the wet doesn’t change that. They’ve won I think three times at the G in their history? How could you argue that they’re good at traveling? They regularly lose away games they should be winning.

My argument for Brisbane being frauds is that they were exposed in finals. I think they took advantage of a soft draw and a blessed injury run. I have them behind Richmond, West Coast, GWS, Collingwood, Geelong and Bulldogs. I think they’ll be 7th or 8th next season.

You’re reading too much into specific games and it’s not a big enough sample size to make an accurate judgment on where you’re actually at. Like for example, Gold Coast were competitive against West Coast at Optus Stadium and Geelong up north, does that mean they’re close to WCE or Geelong in terms of quality? Of course not. They shouldn’t take much out of two semi decent performances against good sides because their results throughout the whole season indicate they’re nowhere near West Coast and Geelong. The difference between being remotely competitive and actually beating good sides consistently is massive. You’re a long way off the latter.

How many wins do you think Carlton will have next season anyway?

Back