Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
SOS again failed at the draft. Choosing a player coming off an ACL over Flanders who was rated as top 5 in the phantom drafts. He also took a player at pick 20 who would have still been there at the 35-50 range. Completely embarrassing!

The only thing embarrassing is posts like this from people who have very little exposure to the draftable talent.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
I've corrected my couple of mistakes. Are you going to correct your post about the comparative player retention percentages at Carlton and Collingwood, or are you happy just to keep going along and making shite up to support your argument?
Correct.

And I have also stated earlier that I have since corrected my mistakes.

For the record, my mistake saw the Carlton percentage increase from 50.9% to 52.8%, and my Collingwood percentage was accurate. Importantly, Collingwood's percentage player retention over the four year period remains significantly ahead of that of Carlton's under SOS, which was the key point of discussion.

I'm still waiting to hear from the other poster as to how he arrived at the figures he posted.
you blind bro?

For starters - Macadam and Kreuger were never on the list - they were prelisted/allocated to us due to a mature age compo pick that the AFL gave us, which we immediately on-traded elsewhere. They were never officially on our list nor set foot in the footy club. That brings Carlton's % up to 52.8%. I won't mention the fact you used them as examples of 'turnover' but failed to mention that they have ended up at other clubs. Let's just leave that entire part of your post out because it's ******* embarrassing.

This leaves Carlton at 52.8% (28/53 players) and Collingwood at your 64.8% (24/37 players)

: I believe Keeffe was re-drafted after his drug ban then delisted in 2017 - any reason why you didn't mention him?
2017: You failed to mention Oxley - who was re-drafted, then delisted at the end of the year.

Firstly I'll apologise for stuffing up my initial post as I wasn't taking into account a few on the updated Collingwood rookie list. However taking into account the above, this leaves.

Carlton: 52.8% (28/53 players) vs Collingwood: 61.5% (24/39 players).

Our list turnover is higher by a whopping 8.7% - and we have been publicly stating we are rebuilding and turning the list over. The 'revolving door' you speak of is the same, or very similar to the revolving door of a lot of AFL clubs. More players don't make it than make it, more picks are wasted than used efficiently.

As for talking up the players Collingwood have delisted (yet you mentioned Aish? Lol). I can do that too.

Bugg - retired for career progression (some fraud instagram influence business).
Pickett - about to get picked up by WCE.
Wright - was our leading goalkicker and retired to take up role with Adelaide
McDaid - retired to go back to Ireland.
Admitted my numbers were wrong and fixed it up - yours too. The revolving door you are obsessed off doesn’t exist. It’s standard list turnover for a club that has fully cleaned out its list. Collingwood had 8% and four less players, hardly a massive difference in the two.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I too remember all the finals Richmond won in the first 5 years of Rance, Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt's careers. It is very obvious that all the Carlton guys drafted since 2015 should be completely written off now as 22 year olds and younger, because they are never going to achieve anything.
Journos were running with Hardwick having a worse list than Fitzroy in 2010.

Three seasons later his team is playing in finals and consistently making them from there on in with the exception of one year.

Three seasons after Bolton was appointed he was sacked.

I’m not seeing that same trajectory with Carlton and comparing the two is pretty meaningless.

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
SOS the man who picked GWS's team....the funny thing was blind freddy could get it right with that many picks so he goes to Carlton and takes a few GWS rejects and when he doesn't have more picks than Jesus basically screws the pooch!

Love watching the Blues fall apart..
That statement is hilarious coming from a Melboring supporter. A club that has achieved NOTHING since 1964. And it’s been an embarrassment to football on the few occasions since then it has gotten into a GF. 😂 😂 😂

tattooedJESUS

Team Captain
Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
SOS the man who picked GWS's team....the funny thing was blind freddy could get it right with that many picks so he goes to Carlton and takes a few GWS rejects and when he doesn't have more picks than Jesus basically screws the pooch!

Love watching the Blues fall apart..

Then how did Gold Coast get it so wrong 🤔

Reality IS

Debutant
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
That statement is hilarious coming from a Melboring supporter. A club that has achieved NOTHING since 1964. And it’s been an embarrassment to football on the few occasions since then it has gotten into a GF. 😂 😂 😂
We are sh*thouse no dobut but at least we know it.
The blues still carry on like the ol' cheating hayday of self importance!

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Journos were running with Hardwick having a worse list than Fitzroy in 2010.

Three seasons later his team is playing in finals and consistently making them from there on in with the exception of one year.

Three seasons after Bolton was appointed he was sacked.

I’m not seeing that same trajectory with Carlton and comparing the two is pretty meaningless.

Are you going to give us 8 years to achieve the ultimate then? If anything Richmond’s patience prove we must stay the course.

tenor.gif

Although he should have got the arse sooner with his penchant for turning Carlton into GWS 2.0

Back