Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Change != Improvement.

2016 list was presumably quite different to 2013, was different to 2010, etc etc..

but hey, it sounds like you'll support my campaign to #keepSOSatCarltoon
Where do you get the idea that change = improvement is what I think?

The age demographic is a lot younger, the culture is much better and the talent is much better. Just about every part of the club is better.

But you did go forwards in 2016, 2015 was 4 wins wasn't it?
I think it was generally accepted that the team in 2016 had reached its peak. We were one of the oldest lists in the comp at the time iirc and the team was rife with list cloggers and a dearth of young talent. We've alleviated that problem fairly comprehensively imo.

What's with the considerable amount of Carlton trolling on Big Footy lately? Seems like there are a lot on insecure fans out there going pretty hard for some unknown reason. Is there concern around Carlton improving? Or is it just traditional rivalry stuff? Seems really hostile.

I think it was generally accepted that the team in 2016 had reached its peak. We were one of the oldest lists in the comp at the time iirc and the team was rife with list cloggers and a dearth of young talent. We've alleviated that problem fairly comprehensively imo.
Yet, last year you moved those older players into prime positions and started winning.

But no matter, you are talking about potential, where is the resurgence so far?

What's with the considerable amount of Carlton trolling on Big Footy lately? Seems like there are a lot on insecure fans out there going pretty hard for some unknown reason. Is there concern around Carlton improving? Or is it just traditional rivalry stuff? Seems really hostile.
Not sure about the trolling but lets be honest. It would be hard for Carlton not to improve.

Let’s hope for the competitions sake the basket case of the past 20 years can get back to their old arrogant selves.

AFL will be a better competition when brown paper bags are back in vogue and the Blues are flying again.

Yet, last year you moved those older players into prime positions and started winning.

But no matter, you are talking about potential, where is the resurgence so far?

Yes, throwing all the kids into all the key spots should work out fine, as has been proven time and time again. Letting them grow into roles and develop there game behind senior players is a bunch of rubbish and is not the way to develop kids. What Carlton should do is let them get crushed in the middle week in week out by senior bodies whilst simultaneously overloading your star player to the point of exhaustion by mid season is a much better strategy.

2 wins to 7 wins seems like a bit of a resurgence to me, especially with 6 of those wins coming in the last 10 games and 2 of the losses that period by 5 points or less.

Yes, throwing all the kids into all the key spots should work out fine, as has been proven time and time again. Letting them grow into roles and develop there game behind senior players is a bunch of rubbish and is not the way to develop kids. What Carlton should do is let them get crushed in the middle week in week out by senior bodies whilst simultaneously overloading your star player to the point of exhaustion by mid season is a much better strategy.

2 wins to 7 wins seems like a bit of a resurgence to me, especially with 6 of those wins coming in the last 10 games and 2 of the losses that period by 5 points or less.
OMG and around and around we go, where we stop no-body knows.

Don’t get distracted that five of those six glorious wins were won against 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 18th placed sides.

Been confirmed by ITK’s a new contract wasn’t guaranteed.

His role as list manager is a direct conflict of interest, and as both Jack and Ben are past their initial contracts it’s much harder to be impartial when evaluating their spots on the list and drawing up new contracts for them.

It’s in both parties best interest to part ways - it is now just a matter of when.

Don’t get distracted that five of those six glorious wins were won against 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 18th placed sides.

Also don’t get distracted by the one team omitted was the best team in the comp at the time, who we beat after coming back from 37 points down.

You can only beat who you’re put up against.

Hope the news is true. Then again if Browne says it then it will be wrong.
Nothing showing on club, AFL, Herald Sun, Fox Sports or Age websites so maybe there's no smoke or a fire.
The Tom Browne factor means that SOS will actually be named new CEO of Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also don’t get distracted by the one team omitted was the best team in the comp at the time, who we beat after coming back from 37 points down.

You can only beat who you’re put up against.
Yep, quite a similar result to 2016.

A win against top side at the time, then, wins against 10th, 11th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 18th.

Talking about the news is "trolling"?

You'd have to be pretty daft to think our list right now is basically the same as the list in 2016. The wins might be the same but the list in 2016 was going nowhere fast whereas now we look poised to finally take some steps forward.
You're talking over these nuffies heads mate...I wouldn't bother - they can't think or see past single digit numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back