Steve Hocking

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be the right decision to move Hocking on which is why i think the AFL and Gill will keep him around for decades.

The people running this comp are dead set just plainly stupid.

Need a clean out everywhere. The MRO has been a spectacular fail. Hocking has no idea what he is doing. This ARC system is a laughing stock. They hate it in the EPL but at least they tidied some rules up to make it more straight forward.

Every year mate we keep hearing, the MRO will change to prevent Howler decisions, yet never gets any better.

This isn't the league it was 5-10-15 years ago now. This is a multi billion dollar industry and its still being run like a semi-pro comp from Management

Every year mate we keep hearing, the MRO will change to prevent Howler decisions, yet never gets any better.

This isn't the league it was 5-10-15 years ago now. This is a multi billion dollar industry and its still being run like a semi-pro comp from Management
Its amazing isn't it. We had an MRO that was a joke in my local league and a tribunal that twice ignored clear video evidence. They were sacked after 2 years because clubs complained.

I would imagine if Geelong and GWS complained over the tribunal process last week they would be fined and told to jog on.

Would be the right decision to move Hocking on which is why i think the AFL and Gill will keep him around for decades.

The people running this comp are dead set just plainly stupid.

They’re not stupid. It’s just boys club cronyism, all looking after each other despite obvious incompetence.

It happens at plenty of big organisations, they just don’t get the attention the AFL does.

AFL have the best man for the job. Not a change you can expect to see overnight

If it is all Hocking's fault then sure, I'd like to him moved on.

But is it all really his fault? I doubt it.

Last edited:
It’s a bigger problem than just one man. The score review system is typical of the afl. ie they’re always changing and tampering with things without taking the time to think it through and implement it properly so they create more unforseen problems.

It’s not just the score review. It’s rule changes, clash strips. MRP/O drafting and trading rules, scheduling etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back