SJ
Riewoldt
Watson
Hodge
Mitchell
Boyd
Priddis

I'm sure there'll be more.
Wonder if Lonergan, Kelly, Mackie will follow.
Kelly will probably go on since Essendon will lose Watson & Stanton.

Saw on the AFL app today that Lonergan is open to continue next year if we wish and saw that Mackie seems likely to retire in the same article.

It's also been suggested that we could lose Taylor this year rather than Lonergan on this board.

That moment in 2011 when he reappeared after injuring his knee against WCE. Classic SJ marching around the boundary after being stretchered off in a massive statement to the GFC coaching and fitness staff!!
I thought he was BOG in the 2011 GF, a totally disciplined and brilliant performance, despite and possibly because of that injury. (and the ramifications had he not performed)

Saw on the AFL app today that Lonergan is open to continue next year if we wish and saw that Mackie seems likely to retire in the same article.

It's also been suggested that we could lose Taylor this year rather than Lonergan on this board.

Based on performances Lonergan should be retiring, Mack and HT are both still playing very good football. Having said that, HT being the unconventional type he is might retire too despite having a year left. He's got a couple of kids now, seems like the type that doesn't put football above all else (which is fine) and might prefer to ease off into football retirement reading war books on his front porch in a rocking chair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu: Absolute champion and one of the most exciting players ever to pull on a Geelong jumper, my only regret is that he didn't finish as a one club player.

Slap a contract extension in front of him ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back