Steve Johnson

Should Collingwood recruit Steve Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

northpie

All Australian
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
always wanted to barrack for stevie j. a magician with the footy with the occaisiional pretty funny brain fade. is rated highly for his football brain so might be a useful fwds coach which we could use

we have been moaning about our forward line, no x factor. for 1-2 years min contract nothing to loss
we have had boof heads in the past and thought they were great why we win, now no.
lets wait for till 2017, impede development, let push development by learning from the best and having them
push harder to retain there spots which is a quicker way to develop.
think about this in most of our losses it was non kicking of goals that cost us not playing finals this year.
love blair with his 5 tackles a game, but he is there to kick goals also and that just not happens enough
are we a better team with him I believe so. and that is what matters.
his off field nonsenses and lack of training was long ago, also he will have a point to prove

he fits the age profile of Essendon and North Melbourne
And your point is? He won't hand us a flag. He will teach our kids to be(come) better on the field so they can win one. He is one of the few players that I can imagine to fast track our development. And with the recent exodus of experienced VFL players, that might come in handy.

And your point is? He won't hand us a flag. He will teach our kids to be(come) better on the field so they can win one. He is one of the few players that I can imagine to fast track our development. And with the recent exodus of experienced VFL players, that might come in handy.
I'm more worried about what he'll teach our boys off field.

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich

Your argument has merit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you see what I replied to. Off field behavior is at stake, not on field.

I disagree. How does recruiting a broken down old bomb of a player help us on field?

I disagree. How does recruiting a broken down old bomb of a player help us on field?
He can still compete for a spot so the onus is on the youngsters to keep him out. If they can't do that, well they better pull their finger out.
And between the ears all is fine with him. He has a lot of knowledge to transfer. We all complain about the old boys club. And here we got an opportunity to bring someone from outside in and we scoff at that?

He can still compete for a spot so the onus is on the youngsters to keep him out. If they can't do that, well they better pull their finger out.
And between the ears all is fine with him. He has a lot of knowledge to transfer. We all complain about the old boys club. And here we got an opportunity to bring someone from outside in and we scoff at that?

We don't need him.

We don't need him.
Need for what? Flag?
Give the guy a 1 yr contract , no harm done ,pick his brain and by the time we need his spot, he is gone again.

Need for what? Flag?
Give the guy a 1 yr contract , no harm done ,pick his brain and by the time we need his spot, he is gone again.

What is the point? Recruit him as a coach if you are interested in his footy knowledge.

What, the guy who said:
"Have you bought tickets?"...
"To the Stevie J show".

(And people are talking up his coaching credentials)
I don't want Stevie but what you have just said is bollocks, big hairy bollocks.

How the hell do you equate smack talk with coaching?

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
What, the guy who said:
"Have you bought tickets?"...
"To the Stevie J show".

(And people are talking up his coaching credentials)

I'v actually had a bit to do with Stevie down at the Falcons and his coaching persona is so far away from what people perceive his on field attitude to be that its not funny. He has already done some very fine junior coaching and he'll make a senior coach one day. His knowledge and game perception are second to none.

What is the point? Recruit him as a coach if you are interested in his footy knowledge.
If he would be up for that , sure. But he wants to play on. Fine. So we let him run around and still use him as a coach. All arguments against him, apart from his persona , are that he would be taken up a spot from a youngster. Which sounds like a bit like the excuse of Freeman not wanting to play for us , scared of competition.
Unless you got other objections, happy to hear those.

If he would be up for that , sure. But he wants to play on. Fine. So we let him run around and still use him as a coach. All arguments against him, apart from his persona , are that he would be taken up a spot from a youngster. Which sounds like a bit like the excuse of Freeman not wanting to play for us , scared of competition.
Unless you got other objections, happy to hear those.

He is past it. Fasolo and Elliott are younger and better.

Back