Steve Johnson

Should Collingwood recruit Steve Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He is past it. Fasolo and Elliott are younger and better.
One would assume so. Never said otherwise so what is the problem if he has to earn a selection. That he might make it?

One would assume so. Never said otherwise so what is the problem if he has to earn a selection. That he might make it?

I am going to let you continue your fantasy without my help. Have fun.

jasonwilde

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2007
Lurking and liking
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'v actually had a bit to do with Stevie down at the Falcons and his coaching persona is so far away from what people perceive his on field attitude to be that its not funny. He has already done some very fine junior coaching and he'll make a senior coach one day. His knowledge and game perception are second to none.
Okay. I'll take that. Seriously.

But still, can you see how the flog 'arrogant' thing stuck?

BPikkers

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would take him. Wouldn't cost much at all. All he wants to do is play footy. Our young team can learn a lot from him. If PK was supposed to play a particular role, well the master in that role is Stevie J. I think it would make us a better team through not only his output, but also the education for the players.

He was playing pretty well this year as a forward. Opposition clubs would be wary of him.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in purely for his football knowledge. He'd provide a welcome contrast to a lot of the players and coaches we have in terms of personality and would add a great deal of relatable experience that our current crop of players could take a lot out of.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Okay. I'll take that. Seriously.

But still, can you see how the flog 'arrogant' thing stuck?

Sure I can see how it stuck....and believe me Stevie would play it for all it worth!! He's a classic big game player...he gets people going, he pushes buttons....and while you're trying to knock his block off, he's kicked three goals and is all smiles;)

Sure I can see how it stuck....and believe me Stevie would play it for all it worth!! He's a classic big game player...he gets people going, he pushes buttons....and while you're trying to knock his block off, he's kicked three goals and is all smiles;)
"Have you got your tickets?"

Back